Will Trump's new tariffs on Mexico halt illegal immigration?

Too few people get it. There will never be any new tariffs, it was just a way to get the Mexican President to sit down and discuss the problems. And so far it’s working.

Lol, Trump himself said that they have been setting down and talking for 25 years…

Insanity can be cured, you should seek help

2 Likes

All you Trumpers follow his example and resort to personal insults and attacks rather than debating…:roll_eyes:

Is “Trumper” supposed to be a term of respect?

So Trump’s blowing smoke again…

I guess being a “Trumper” is supposed to be a personal insult, so why do you make your point by using personal insults rather than debating? Why do you think you are exempt from what you accuse of others? You aren’t special no matter how many participation trophies you have.

BTW, a lot of people don’t LIKE Trump personally. But they like what he is doing for the country. Try to comprehend that conservatives aren’t rabid lock in step followers like liberals are. We CAN separate the issues from the person. Apparently, you have difficulty with that.

How is being a Trump supporter an insult, unless you’re having buyers remorse? :man_shrugging:

Why don’t you explain what a “Trumper” is then?

A Trump supporter, seems self evident…:man_shrugging:

What if you don’t like Trump but support his policies?

What if you didn’t vote for him but support his policies?

What if there is another candidate with the same policies?

What if??? I’m sure we have plenty in that category.

Yeah, that is beyond your capabilities. Imagine that. People who don’t like Trump but support his policies and would vote for the same again. Kind of screws with your TDS, doesn’t it? :rofl:

I at least can appreciate that your open about voting for someone you don’t like…

People can dislike Trump for many reasons. Hell, I think the guy can be an ass and at times full of himself. But he gets results and that is what counts.

Sure I think the threat of tariffs is just that a threat. Trump is bluffing. But that’s how almost every good negotiation goes. And even if Mexico calls his bluff, so what. Put the tariffs in place and ramp them up until Mexico breaks. And they will. Who gives a crap if someone has to pay more for their bottle of Tequila or their imported Mexican beer.

1 Like

Ahh, the joy of liberals and their linear thinking. As I said… stay with checkers. Let others play chess. You just aren’t in the league.

1 Like

And you think that if little ole you can figure that out that Obrador hasn’t…:rofl:

And what political and financial interests to each of them have in keeping trade as it is?

Obvious it isn’t just a threat, hence this thread.

Check your mirror and pluck out that redwood in your own eye hero.