Will Trump's new tariffs on Mexico halt illegal immigration?

The 5% has every elected official up in arms including the republicans . It appears ONLY the American citizens want something done and no one is listening !

2 Likes

Well we can’t fix the broken system and those with the power to change things won’t !

1 Like

That was part of AMLO’s plan when he was campaigning, its no secret and now that he is president he has pretty much allowed it to happen, we shouldn’t be surprised!

Yeah the shameful “7”!

0b39de5473090370789f256e7cd52e61

shameful-seven-with-donohue

You just captured the antithesis of the heartbeat behind liberal thinking.

I love it! When can we invade Mexico and start legally killing the cartels?

Sure they do but there is a way to resolve the problem. The DOJ can send immigration judges to the border where the illegals are being detained.

Under the Immigration and Nationality Act immigration judges are appointed by the AJ and works directly for the AJ. The AJ does not need approval from the Senate to appoint these judges.

No, of course not. And like his advisors warned him, will likely produce an increase.

Most of those showing up at our southern border are from the NT, not Mexico. Illegal immigration from Mexico has been in decline for over a decade because of improving Mexican economy. But yeah, let’s kneecap their economy with tariffs. :roll_eyes:

This is why his advisors warned him against it.

I just hope he sticks with the tariffs no matter how mad the President of Mexico is. There is absolutely no need for these illegals having to come to this country the way they are. I am sure I will get heat from other folks on here. But due to the lack of any responsibilities of the Mexican government doing anything for their people - isn’t our problem.

China on the other hand is a different story. As well, as Iran and North Korea.

The guest host on Cavuto Live this morning needs a lesson in compound interest.

After saying that goods sometimes coming from Mexico often go back and forth, crossing the border as much as 3 times at various stages of completion…therefore (he says) a 25% tariff could become a 50% or 75% tariff.

1 x 1.25 = 1.25 (first trip from Mexico)
1.25 x 1.25 = 1.56 (second trip)
1.56 x 1.25 = 1.95 (third trip)

But they do need a budget to pay them as well as housing, facilities, etc. That comes from CONGRESS!

I beg to differ. The last place they traveled through, the last place before crossing our border was Mexico.

So, yes. Let’s kneecap their economy because they are complicit. If Mexico has such a great economy, they should be absorbing the immigrants there, not showing the immigrants a yellow brick road to the United States.

Lol, so their country of origin is Mexico…OK.

NO, they do not have a “great” economy, but improving.

Did I say Mexico was their country of origin? Are you really that dense?

3 Likes

That is a rhetorical question.

1 Like

Thanks to the United States. What we give we can also take away.

You implied it as a technicality by disagreeing they were from the NT because they passed through Mexico last to arrive here. :man_shrugging:

Trump is an anomaly, every idiotic thing he does will be remedied once America returns to normal order.