Who would win in a war? California or Texas?

I suggest you read it again!

1 Like

Lighten up Francis.

eieio

Texas hands down…

Both of them.

Yes … two Democrats and four Republicans. :wink:

45.8% of California is Federal land (as opposed to only 1.8% of Texas.)

As fed up as people all across the country are with conditions in the US you might be surprised at the outcome.

It would take a majority vote of both houses to either pass a declaration of war on the seceding states but also to maintain any military effort for more than 90 days.

Odds are pretty good the US as it exists today will no longer exist a half century from now.

I could easily see us breaking up into 4 or 5 independent republics without a shot ever being fired.

I don’t think that the feds should own land beyond military bases.

2 Likes

One could argue that California is already inviting the rest of the country like New Jersey did in that one South Park episode … and too frequently taking their demands for the very things that resulted in them fleeing with them.

Will we all end up being East California one day?

California would lose on pretty short order.

California produces very little other than Hollywood and farm crops. The problem is those farm crops depend on water from states that would not be friendly to California.

Once that water was shut off it would be game over. They don’t even have water for their own cities, let alone crops or producing anything.

1 Like

No. That is incorrect.

https://youtu.be/8rGU2xwSsFs

1 Like

Are you not familiar with Silicon Valley?

That’s true. But a few counter points…

1. it’s on the decline
  2. the wealth there is “intellectual”. Not a hard asset. Intellectual products can be developed anywhere. Which is also why the area is in the decline.
  3. because the companies there are mostly software and web based, they could up and move shop relatively easily if hostilities got bad.

I’m not saying you aren’t partially correct. SV generates a lot of money. But non of it is actually tied to SV. They could move those companies anywhere and do the same.

That’s besides the point. The point is that they DO own the land.

SV has more millionaires and billionaires per capita than any other region in the US.

Also, the Hollywood movie industry could pick up and move. The only thing that can’t be moved out of California is the land.

Just shut off all of the power to CA coming from out of state on June first.

California would win, but I am biased. If we can leverage the military.

Our military bases operate the majority of the unmanned aircraft fleet in the country.

We one of (if THE) largest Navy population.

We have terrain on our side. A lot of money, google Facebook and Apple. We could literally know ever move Texans would make.

Try running all of that without electricity.

1 Like

Dream on. Leveraging the military would mean taking on the US Armed Forces in toto. That would seal your fate, and not in a good way.