Who is the greatest Star Trek Captain?

Who is the greatest Star Trek Captain?

• Captain Jean-Luc Picard
  • Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner)
  • Captain James T. Kirk (Chris Pine)
  • Captain Kathryn Janeway (“Voyager”)
  • Captain Jonathan Archer (“Enterprise”)
  • Captain Benjamin Sisko (“Deep Space Nine”)
  • Captain Christopher Pike (NEW Discovery)
  • Captain Gabriel Lorca (NEW Discovery)
  • Other (fan supported Internet Star Trek series)

0 voters

1 Like

Coming Soon

About Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek: Picard features Sir Patrick Stewart reprising his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on Star Trek: The Next Generation . The new series will follow this iconic character into the next chapter of his life.

The series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Michael Chabon, Akiva Goldsman, James Duff, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth serve as executive producers and Aaron Baiers (Secret Hideout) serves as co-executive producer and Kirsten Beyer as supervising producer. Hanelle Culpepper will direct the first two episodes of the series.

1 Like

On a side note, someone posted a good explanation why in TNG the Enterprise D would occasionally encounter something like TOS did and nobody except maybe Riker would remember it.

Simply, Star Fleet command sitting on Earth in their comfy offices rarely believed a word of it, instead thinking that Kirk was bored and letting go of tension through creative writing.

“Hey, guys, have you seen the latest? Kirk defeated the Greek god Apollo!”

“That Kirk, what an imagination! That’s even better than his evil universe Spock with a goatee … always thought he should have gone full Fu Manchu.”

So, the upshot is Riker was one of the few who read the zany tall tales of James T. Kirk.

1 Like

Here’s how I translated “greatest”: The captain under whom I would choose to serve.

While there have only been a relatively few new Discovery episodes, Pike (portrayed by Anson Mount) is that one. Picard and Kirk, as runners-up, are not really accessible personalities. The others … naaaa… they were OK as characters in their TV series but … I’ll pass.

Speaking of Star Trek, Discovery… I was surprised. It was superb. Forget the occasional gay shit… though it was totally gratuitous and very disturbing. The main character, Michael Burnham, is true to her character. AND SHE IS SPOCK’S FUCKING STEP SISTER. And she pulls it off as believable. Great plot, I thought. (Minus Michael’s real mother.) But the greatest pleasant surprise was MICHELLE YEOH is Captain Phillips, ( or her double in a parallel universe). Michelle Yeoh from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. OMG… Anson Mount and Michelle Yeoh with some damn good other actors and actresses.

1 Like

James Tiberius Kirk (Shatner) knew that men (creatures) punch each other sometimes, and you kiss the pretty ladies.

Slam dunk.

2 Likes

I have always preferred Picard because of his calm demeanor and calculating wit. I think his intellect and inquisitive approach to command makes him the best Captain.

2 Likes

He is definitely the diplomat of the group.

1 Like

I selected Picard as well for being the best Captain overall. Captain Kirk, played by Shatner, was definitely the most entertaining and iconic but Picard showed the best leadership.

2 Likes

I like Sisko. In the later seasons he was a badass

1 Like

New fan supported series: Here are the first two episodes, free, online:
Star Trek: Renegades

I had to think on this for a day or so.

I loved Picard but I think it was Archer that really gabbed me as being the kind of Captain that the original ST and Federation would have looked for and produced.

Space was completely unknown at that time and he had to lay the groundwork for all that followed.

I grew up with Shatner, and was skeptical of any substitute, but Picard gets my vote. Sisko was good, too, but I got annoyed with his kid. Janeway I never much liked.

2 Likes

I could, and should most prefer Picard. He is the most like me, cold, logical, scientific…

However, I hear the call of the bat’leth.

My knuckles are not unscarred.

1 Like

What about Pee Wee Herman?

Yep. “Captain” Worf did end up commanding Defiant. Even even took umbrage to Picard say his was a nice little ship.

Hmmm. I challenge that. Worf TOOK command of the vessel now and then, but he was never designated Captain and Commander of the Defiant as an actual Star Fleet assignment.

I don’t get it.

He had command in the movie Generations. Had it shot out from underneath him but he was its captain.