Where do missing people go?

I never said where the sun shines is ice cold

Do you truly not know the effect of atmosphere on heat distribution?

Go tell that to the planet.
There are very hot and very cold spots

Oh guys…Mercury dark side is very cold, it doesn’t have ice but it’s brutally cold.

1 Mercury day is 2 Mercury years.

1 Like

This is the wrong category. This belongs in Conspiracy!

1 Like

You can’t even figure out putting your post in the right category and you want to have a serous discussion with other members here? You win the Darwin award yet again!

Which is trivial to this conversation and it doesn’t change the fact that distance from the sun is the primary factor that determines the temperature of a planet, particularly those with little or no atmosphere like Mercury and Mars.

Your preachy tone never changes.
It may work for some, it certainly doesn’t for me.

The fact remains that something is frozen solid on Mercury. If it’s H2O, the temperature is below zero centigrade there. If it’s something else, it’s much colder.

The whole point is; the notion that Mars is very cold and desolate because of its distance from the sun is wrong.

If there is little or no air on Mars, where do dust storms come from?
And how do Mars rovers parachute down in the absence of thick air?

Mars does have atmosphere…not much of one but it does have one…something like 1 percent of earths atmosphere. Made up of mostly carbon dioxide, little nitrogen and traces of other gases.

1 percent of earth’s atmosphere?

Where does this notion of parachute come from at 1 % of air for heavy equipment?
https://mars.nasa.gov/mer/mission/spacecraft_edl_parachute.html
NASA has been lying too long.

What part of thin atmosphere don’t you get? Thin atmosphere is still an atmosphere and like any fluid, it has a capacity to move around and resist the movement of things pass through it. Your fundamental lack of common science knowledge is astounding. Perhaps you should do some reading about the Mars atmosphere and the technical aspects of the NASA Mars landers before you embarrass yourself further.

Here is a tutorial from Wikipedia … written such that even you might understand it.

1 Like

Preachy tone? Please! Having common sense to know how to properly label your posts shows you have half a brain, but you can’t even do that! Most of your posts are garbage to begin with so I could less what you think!

Remember how this little adage goes, friends?

"Never argue with an idiot… "

2 Likes

Why don’t you tell me all about Mars.

Or maybe you can just google it…it’s not really that hard.

Mars’ is very thin by comparison, with pressure ranging from 0.4 – 0.87 kPa – which is equivalent to about 1% of Earth’s at sea level. Earth’s atmosphere is also primarily composed of nitrogen (78%) and oxygen (21%) with trace concentrations of water vapor , carbon dioxide , and other gaseous molecules.Dec 5, 2015

As for Mars it’s boring planet to observe through a scope, oh you can see the changing seasons over time as polar caps expand and retracts, see the canyon etc. But overall it’s boring planets.

1 Like

Low gravity. Even in outer space a “solar sail” will give you propulsion from “Solar Winds”.

The pull of gravity on Mars is only about 38% that of earth so the low density of the atmosphere sill provides a breaking effect as long as your parachute is large enough.

That was all explained in the Wikipedia link that I posted for him. Apparently it was written in language above his comprehension level.

1 Like

Well then, you are going against the adage all the time.
How come you troll me all the time?

Go ahead and believe everything NASA, wikipedia and Google say.
They are mouthpieces of the established paradigm.

My question was simple. How would you deploy parachutes where there’s only 1 % of eath’s atmosphere?

Preachy tone? Please! Having common sense to know how to properly label your posts shows you have half a brain, but you can’t even do that! Most of your posts are garbage to begin with so I could less what you think