What defenders of civilization in America must do - Part One

If you understand the increasing danger that the US is moving into, a result of the steady advance to power of the ‘post-American’ (anti-patriotic) Left, and are 35 years old or less, and have no prior military service, you should seek to enlist in the National Guard. A couple of months going through Basic Combat Training, and a small regular committment of your time for the next few years, could make a huge difference in what is coming.

A second-best alternative is the State Guard, if your state has one.

Parallel to this is to be part of whatever support groups exist for
(1) support of the local police, (eg volunteer deputy sherrif organizations) and
(2) volunteer civilian emergency response organizations. These vary widely not just from state to state but from county to county within a single state.

In any case take advantage of any opportunity that comes your way to get relevant training, first of all in First Aid.

Here are relevant websites: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Guard

The Army National Guard: https://www.nationalguard.com/
The Air National Guard: https://www.goang.com/

State Defense Forces: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_defense_force

Patriots must keep in the closest possible touch with the armed wings of the state, ideally through participation in them to whatever extent possible.

Coming next in a day or two – because it’s a more complex topic – “Joining/forming a local Militia Group”.

Of course, “prepping” in the sense of ensuring your family can survive for an extended period in the wake of a social or natural catastrophe is elementary. But don’t kid yourself: the Lone Hero is a Hollywood fantasy, albeit one stretching back to Homer (the Greek one, not the TV guy). The real survivors will be those who are part of a well-prepared and disciplined organization, ultimately one which is a continuation of, or a re-establishment of, state power. Thomas Hobbes said it all over 400 years ago: a quick summary is here: https://yalebooksblog.co.uk/2013/04/05/thomas-hobbes-solitary-poor-nasty-brutish-and-short/

The real survivors of what exactly?

I say this is important…only to a point. After all, the police are the ones who enforce the laws that leftists pass. I won’t support anyone who will infingine on my riots and say “sorry, just doing my job”.

American patriotism has nothing to with Pax Americana where the US maintains military bases in God knows where.

" Despite recently closing hundreds of bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States still maintains nearly 800 military bases in more than 70 countries and territories abroad"

This is insane and has little to do with any civilization. Real patriots should ask these bases be closed and the military called back home.

1 Like

Those who had the sense to keep their ears to the rail, and were prepared for the coming shit storm.

1 Like

I think we should use those bases to make other countries subservient to us again.

We are America; we are never outgunned. Our problem is the whining little spineless shits who have a say in the game. God help anyone who would ever put us in a position where we must pull out all the stops. Constant liberal appeasement takes a slow & steady negative toll. Creeping Gradualism. Chip away at the foundation of our Republic; a little here, a little there, and keep it steady. The final results, well, you do the math.

Every base that remains open must be continually supplied. That amounts to someone making lots & lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Unnecessary military bases amount to little more than wanton waste. Plus it’s also spreading our resources too thin.

1 Like

And not even god could sink the Titanic.

Exactly, the point Didge and I make regularly.

It sounds like you want people to join the side of the state. I think the direction we are going is towards a conflict between the state militia / police and the citizen’s militia.

WTF DO YOU KNOW ABOUT GOD ? :roll_eyes:

You guys seem to be looking forward to that eventuality???

No. It’s not the people that are pushing for a conflict. Any type of engagement with the state will be an act of self defense.

1 Like

Regardless of how you present it, it appears to be something you guys look forward to…

So it goes in the world according to Monte. Regardless, the fact is a small group of politicians elected by the the far left brainwashed populations of urban areas are going after people who don’t live on top of each other in densely populated urban areas. This is an all-out war being waged by urbanites and rootless cosmopolitans against suburban and rural Americans.

2 Likes

No one knows, or can know, the future. Let us hope that America recovers from its current spiritual fever, and peacefully returns to normality. It could happen – some serious people in the 1950s thought that the US was heading towards fascism, because they over-estimated McCarthyism.

But … it also could NOT happen. Or, events could transpire which cut across the rapid political decay of the US – a serious war, for example, and/or a 1929-style depression, or something else equally strenuous with respect to the social order, which, in some way not predictable now, brings down the temple.

I used to think “preppers” and “survivalists” were people with boring lives who wanted to do some play-acting and bring some excitement into their daily exidstence. I now think that – whatever the motivations of this or that individual – they may be right to be worried, to not take the existence of a viable liberal order – that having the police and fire department and stocked grocery store only a few minutes’ drive away – should not be taken for granted.

So I can’t say “what exactly”. I can’t even say “but something for sure”. All I can say is that it’s probably worth your time and effort to think seriously about the future, and to take some steps to survive it if it all goes Hobbsean. And that having six months’ food in your basement and two thousand rounds of ammo for your AR15 is necessary, but not sufficient.

A well-regulated ‘militia’ – which really should be an organization which is prepared to deal with all sorts of disasters – is like an insurance policy. Having insurance doesn’t mean you KNOW you will need, still less that you will WANT to need it … but a prudent person will not just assume that all will be well. Hopefully, America will recover. Probably, if it doesn’t, its conservative, pro-civilization minority will just accept the slide into whatever horrible future comes. (Which, by the way, i don’t see lasting for long – the Left has been prying at the lid of the Pandora’s Box of ethnic war for a long time now, and may well succeed in opening it. A study of Yugoslavia will repay the effort.)

In any event, it won’t hurt to ‘Be Prepared’ as the ex-Boy Scouts used to say. But we must act collectively.

Based upon the plethora of comments and threads on this board dedicated to the issue…

So Christians are loosing their religion and you think that if that doesn’t turn around, civil war is the inevitable answer or result…

Christianity is the most adhered to religion in the United States, with 65% of polled American adults identifying themselves as Christian in 2019. This is down from 85% in 1990, 81.6% in 2001, and 12% lower than the 78% reported for 2012. About 45% of those polled claim to be members of a church congregation.

I understand your view completely and sympathyze with it.

But … you should think again. We MUST have the state – the police and military. Don’t you agree?
(If not, stop reading here.)

Having a state – a police and military – there must be some institution – a king, a dictator, an elected body – in charge of them. I prefer the latter.

If this elected body makes bad laws, the police – backed up by the military if necessary – will have to enforce those laws, whether they like them or not.

Yes, they can ‘enforce’ them very lightly, in the dry, technical sense – as Abraham Lincoln said that the Fugitive Slave Laws would be enforced in the North, after the Dred Scott decision. (By the way, his enitre First Inaugural Address is absolutely relevant to what is happening in the US today, and should be read and re-read … at least by conservatives, who – rightly in my opinion – put a lot of stock in the wisdom of the past, which we have so painfully accreted. Available here: ). Lincoln said, " One section of our country believes slavery is right and ought to be extended, while the other believes it is wrong and ought not to be extended. This is the only substantial dispute. The fugitive- slave clause of the [Constitution][https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/usconst.asp] and the law for the suppression of the foreign slave trade are each as well enforced, perhaps, as any law can ever be in a community where the moral sense of the people imperfectly supports the law itself. The great body of the people abide by the dry legal obligation in both cases, and a few break over in each. This, I think, can not be perfectly cured, and it would be worse in both cases after the separation of the sections than before. The foreign slave trade, now imperfectly suppressed, would be ultimately revived without restriction in one section, while fugitive slaves, now only partially surrendered, would not be surrendered at all by the other."

No conservative should ever want to live in a state in which the police only enforce those laws that they like, provided those laws were passed according to the established procedures of a constitution of which we approve. (The problem today is that we have moved pretty far from the constituional arrangements as originally establshed, which tried to accommodate different local customs – although, as Lincoln’s speech shows, this was not always successful.)

But since we do not have today, and have less and less in each passing year, an actual ‘constitution’ of which we approve … what should we do?

Well … that’s what this discussion is about. But … whatever is coming, we want to be on the closest and friendliest terms possible with the men who have the guns.

And … the reality is, most of these men do NOT approve of the cultural destruction which the Progressive Left is pushing forward. The genuine Hard Left hate the police and military, and this hatred is radiated outward, with diminishing effect, to the circles of people who are more and more following the Hard Left’s lead.

Case in point: Michael Brown was a thug who attacked a policeman and tried to get his gun, a few years ago. The policeman killed him, in self-defense. This happened in Fergusson MIssouri – the Hard Left mobilized and came from all over the country to ‘protest’ – ie to try to burn the place down. They spread the lie that this criminal was shot while holding his hands up and saying “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot!” The Obama Justice Department moved immediately to investigate the issue, the policeman was brought before a Grand Jury … which decided he had acted in self-defense. The Wiki piece on it is a good summary. (This was NOT a case of a bigotted all-white jury exonerating a racist kiler.)

The truth was accepted by reasonable people, even outspoken Black grievance-mongers. And then … Elizabeth Warren, who MUST know the truth, adopted this criminal as an example of how Black people are subject to “murder” by the police. She’s no Hard Leftist, and she is not stupid and must know the truth … but she knows what goes over with the activist base of the Democratic Party.

But you can believe the average policeman does not like this at all. They are no friends of anti-Fa, even in Portland. Don’t mistake the PC appointed Chiefs of Police in Left-dominated areas for the rank and file.

We must be ‘on the side’ of the average policeman, just as the typical anti-Fa activist is not. Whatever he has to do to enforce the increasingly-insane laws the Left will get through … we must not hold HIM responsible. The odds are great that he too does not want to enforce these laws.

We have to be smart. We have to think out our tactics, and not react emotionally.

Hate the people who make the insane laws, not the poor guy who has to enforce them. In what is coming, his support, or at least neutrality, may be crucial to getting redress.

1 Like