We are not alone on this planet

If it was true, then what would have been the motive? Publicity stunt to get funding for a rogue agency?

Same old story. The First Ammendment is not important.
What’s uncomfortable, hide it.

This is funny.
The Space Shuttle Challenger Crew Is Still ALIVE?! + Elon Musk & TV Show Update - YouTube

You know there was one Japanese man named Onizuka. The US government wanted to honor him by changing a street name in Little Tokyo in LA to Onizuka Street, but the residents and shop owners refused it. Why? Because “Onizuka” means “Devil’s Mound.” It is not an uncommon name, and people by that name are used to it.

It was a sign back then trying to tell you something.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I have no idea what the motive would/could have been. This one is truly beyond my scope of reasoning.

No doubt!

1 Like

The whole thing blew up while Ron and Nacy Reagan were watching, but I later read in a New York rag (Not the New York Post, but the other one) that the cockpit was found in one piece on seabed.

Things that make you… :thinking:

That doesn’t surprise me due to the design of the space shuttle. Its built like a brick.

1 Like

Pretty airtight too.

It was not the Russian Kursk.
The rescuers were immediately on the spot.
The crew may have suffered a whiplash or two, but I’m not surprised if they survived.

But why keep it secret?

2 Likes

It was always meant that way. Perhaps it was a publicity stunt which is my best guess.

Publicity stunt to what end?

My guess was to make a case for more federal funding.

But why would the people be for more federal funding after the Challenger explosion?

Greed? Corruption? Isn’t NASA a federal agency than a private one? Also in comparison they are part of the R&D industry to which seeking federal funding is and always has been their gravy train.

To be clear, I am skeptical about this and I am only trying to put the plausibility angle to this as being a possible reason. Staging a space shuttle disaster to which the media exploited as a top story captured the imagination of the viewing public and then listing the reason why it exploded is their created narrative to seek more funding in order to correct the problem. Just a guess though, so take it with a grain of salt.

1 Like

I just don’t get how disasters help with federal funding of more of the same? Even if to correct what went wrong? Maybe my plebe brain can’t comprehend it.

Yeah same with me, however when you account that NASA was always in the red in terms of allocated funds to finance their many research projects, this is the only thing I can think of. I mean they were at times hitching a ride with the Russians because they couldn’t afford any more space shuttle launches at one time. Look at Space X now. They are a private company and are light years ahead in what NASA could accomplish in such a short period of time and are proof that the private sector are much better at advancing technological breakthroughs than any Federally funded agency could accomplish.

2 Likes

This is a bit of a stretch for me. Doppelgänger?

That’s a possibility, but what is the motive?

Why have a Federal Agency like NASA . Let private corps do it and what is so important about space exploration.Are there GREEN MEN on MARS?

1 Like

Why are some people so surprised?