Walmart to Stop Selling Ammunition for Assault-Style Weapons - WSJ

You can kill a person with a pipe wrench over the head and Walmart still sells those.

2 Likes

We’ve never really treated the WOD’s as a war, barely even as a “police action”

We should be targeting the drug lords/cartel leaders in the same way and with the same weapons we target High Value Terrorist leaders, and the gangs in the same way we target terrorist cells.

Yes they will have that excuse since they will never have the buying power of Walmart or any other large chain.

Your issue is with the wholesalers and manufacturers, not with the retailers.

The liberals are not as eager to blame the weapon instead of the killer when the weapon is something other than a gun of some sort. When the gun is black, is semi-automatic, has a magazine, a barrel shroud and a pistol grip…they blame the murder on the existence of such weapons.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

1 Like

You should watch the documentary series. No matter your level of experience with the subject, it will challenge all of your presuppositions.

Oh Walmart will continue to do just fine selling cheap Chinese made goods to trailer park residents in pajamas. :wink:

(Was that stereotypical enough? :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

We have two local gun stores that make a point of underpricing the big box stores. They carry a much more diverse inventory as well. Box store managers have no leeway on inventory or pricing … those descisions are made at the Corporate level.

You’re making a completely baseless assumption.

Must have been an old one. They put a three-pump pressure limiter in them now.

With the buying power of Walmart and their own distribution and transportation chain nobody else in the country could even begin to compete, not even Cabela’s or Bass Pro.

They can all literally afford to sell cheaper than the mom and pop stores can buy.

You’re also in AK where freight charges drive up the prices of everything astronomically compared to the lower 48.

That may be, but the local Walmart doesn’t under price the local ammo stores. And their selection is limited to just a few popular calibers. The Sportstman’s Warehouse often has bulk sales that can undercut the locals, but again, only on the more popular calibers. There is no Cabela’s up here, but the Anchorage stores advertise here and they too have good sale prices on popular calibers. If all you shoot is 9mm, 40 S&W or .45 ACP, their sales are hard to beat.

Incidentally, I don’t recall ever seeing a gun or ammo sale ad from Walmart. As I said, I didn’t even realize that they sold guns & ammo until they announced that they were no longer selling “assault rifles.” I have been told (I personally have never shopped their gun department) that unless you are looking for shotguns or hunting rifles, their selection of both guns and ammo is very limited.

You live in a totally different world up there Samm.

Sales on ammo have been common in the lower 48 for decades, particularly seasonal sales as various hunting seasons open up.

For many years we could by low brass dove/quail loads starting in August at Wallyworld cheaper than we could reload them but the price always went up once quail season opened.

Same with waterfowl loads in Sept/October through the first couple of weeks of duck and teal seasons.

Thank God! :wink:

Circa 1953…I was 10 yo

That’s probably because so many of us broke them prior pumping them up as far as we could.

I had a Pump up .22 Benjamin in the 70’s/early 80’s for killing rats around the farm nine or ten pumps was all you could get without bending the barrel or blowing the cylinder gaskets and seals.

Didn’t own a chrony in that era but it was definitely in the Mach II range with only about a 2" drop from 25-100yds.

You can kill a rabbit with 4 pumps

Squirrels laugh at 4 pumps

Squirrels seem to be a lot like cats, they die hard.

Yeah, I’m pretty well aware of what’s been said so far. Walmart was able to buy in bulk and sell for lower than many mom and pop places… except Walmart was still paying overhead and giving good discounts.

I’m hoping other retailers will now drop their prices a bit to reflect the inevitable price drops factories will have to make in order to make up that 20 percent loss of business they just experienced.

How is it baseless??

You have no basis for assuming I’m not already quite familiar with the subject.