Ukraine Russia War Front and Updates 🪖

Fighting near Donetsk: The DPR battalion “Sparta” continues to push in Avdeevka direction

Truth about the aid to Ukraine

1 Like

AFU is mining the territories bordering Belarus, the border committee of Belarus

"In addition to the destruction of access roads and infrastructure facilities near checkpoints, mines are being installed on the adjacent side and on the green border,

Soldiers of the 11th regiment of the NM DNR pushing on the positions of AFU in Pervomaiskiy

An offensive is underway in this direction. The settlement is one of those from where the AFU artillery periodically shell Donetsk.

I’m curious about the practice of placing mines. Do the militaries keep a record of the mines they place, in order to keep their own infantry and vehicles from stepping/driving on them?

Recently Ukrainian tanks got destroyed by driving on their own mines north of Kherson (I forgot the name of the river which got flooded as a result of the Russian missile attack on the water gate near Krivoy Rog)

Why is the tank driving in reverse?

Yes they do. Although not sure what the practice is today as I would imagine the mapping is done as “plot points” that is put into meta data format, which is then accessible through a computer.

This could be a result of one hand not telling the other hand where those land mines are. In other words poor communication and planning on their part.

1 Like

Turrets can rotate 360 degrees. But I am not familiar with Russian tanks if their sighting mechanism as they are firing their ammo is done from the turret or in the cockpit. If the latter then its probably because they need to see what they are firing at. I could be completely wrong about this however, but generally speaking its probably because they need to see their target.

This is a pretty decent analysis on why Kherson was a retreat and explaining the bigger picture going forward.

Realistically speaking I can’t see the Russians conceding anything in a deal, especially given Zelensky says he wants all the territory back that Russia has taken and I just don’t see that happening.

I think you hinted before in a very much earlier post about dividing Ukraine up in three different regions, the same in which should have happened to Iraq but the MIC wants continuous war so that is not going to work.

Lavrov – following the results of the East Asian summit in Cambodia: NATO no longer says that it is a purely defensive alliance. It was defensive when the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact existed.

"One of the concrete manifestations of this line was the creation of the AUKUS military bloc: the United States, Australia, Britain, which is now actively trying to attract New Zealand, Canada, Japan.

Closed initiatives are being promoted to organize monitoring of maritime activities, which is directly linked to the need for some kind of Western confrontational actions in the South China Sea. Our Chinese friends understand this very well."

There is a strong fire in the port of Chernomorskaya near Odessa.

Excellent detail and in depth analysis as to why Russia pulled out of Kherson. Making military decisions for logistic reasons and not hamstrung by political ones is a very smart move for not only self preservation reasons but simply to optimize resources both efficiently and strategically.

1 Like

It is still a mystery why Russia didn’t destroy the bridges over the Dnieper as early as in March. It would have cut off the Ukrainian supply to the Donbass, making the Russian operation there a lot easier.

1 Like

Amid reports that Sergei Lavrov is gravely ill and rushed to hospital in Bali, Lavrov just put out a video. Heh.

This is guy is a rock star! Lavrov is not in the business of telling lies.

1 Like

This is the guy who spoke of Zelensky: “Zelensky says all kinds of things depending on what he drinks and what he smokes.”

CIA Director William Burns is in Ankara to meet with his Russian colleague-Reuters,citing a White House representative
SVR Head Sergei Naryshkin holds talks with CIA Director William Burns in Turkey. Reports that they are discussing issues related to the prevention of nuclear escalation between the Russian Federation and the United States.

I think he does more than drinking and smoking.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Here we go with the provocation!

Everyone is freaking out about this right now!

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-zelenskyy-kherson-9202c032cf3a5c22761ee71b52ff9d52