Trump to declare emergency over wall

Have you seen the conditions for spending that money?

1 Like

Feel free to post links from over the years that report back-to-back caravans of 5000 people all converging at one time and place on the border.

Youā€™re gonna lose this argument prag.

4 Likes

Are you defining a caravan as a 5000+ migrates coming together to converge on the US border?

Pick a numberā€¦the big numbers of those big big caravans that have been coming for years and years that you and hollowman were referring to.

:smile:

I think you canā€™t. And I think that proves that this is a new and unprecedented emergency at the border that could not have been recognized until now. Soros screwed your pooch, buddy boy.

2 Likes

As much as I did not like the decision, he was correct. Just because the Democrats who crafted the bill called it a fine, did not mean it was not a tax. Clearly it was a tax ā€¦ even the arguments made against the ACA before the Court called it a tax. And just as clearly, the power to tax lies with Congress.

Perhaps you are not aware ā€¦ thatā€™s how legal immigration works.

1 Like

Do you seriously think there is not $5 billion in discretionary funding in the Defense budget that can be diverted?

Oh I know it is thereā€¦ the issue is whether the executive branch can move funding to another entity without congressional approval.

According to the constitutionā€¦ no.

Not only that, there are some provisions in that bill that give localities veto power over any wall-building.

Trump canā€™t even get control over his own administration, like the DOJ. No way any wall gets through the legal challenges, theyā€™ll snarl it up until the next Democrat president. Iā€™ll bet that the libs even have people in every part of government that builds walls who will refuse to do it and be deemed immune from punishment by the courts.

Itā€™s time to admit it: Trumpā€™s experiment with amateur hour has failed. Heā€™s incompetent, and will probably not run for re-election. The revolution is finished. Get ready for the Green New Deal, Trumpā€™s yellow new deal has doomed any serious opposition. When the Dems do get power, they wonā€™t let it slip out of their fingers again. The lack of any real housecleaning at DOJ/FBI makes this apparent. The next time they get their president, the Democrats will make their political control of every part of the federal government decisive.

No ā€¦ according to the Constitution yes. The President is the Commander in Chief. Declaring emergencies and responding to them, particularly with regard to national security and public safety and welfare, is one of his Constitutional Powers.

Not even the Democrats in Congress are making this argument. Why are you?

1 Like

The hate Trump media talking points told him to.

2 Likes

Then you should have no problem posting the paragraph in ANY law that give the executive branch the powers to reappropriate funds without congressional approvalā€¦

Before you post something not answering my questionā€¦ just know I am not challenging his ability to declare national emergencies. He has that powerā€¦ I am disputing that he can use that power to reappropriate funds.

The issue of whether or not the is an emergency is debatable. It didnā€™t seem to become an emergency until Dec 2018ā€¦ I wonder why?

The Emergency Powers Act.

Happy?

Yesā€¦and here is where the money comes from.

$1.375 billion from the Homeland Security appropriations bill
$600 million from the Treasury Department's drug forfeiture fund
$2.5 billion from the Department of Defense's drug interdiction program
$3.6 billion from the Department of Defense's military construction account

Now my question to you. Where did Obama get the funds for some of his EO?

Same theory, same principles.

Here is link if youā€™re interested.

1 Like

Balogna. You know and we know he didnā€™t have a super majority so donā€™t make a fool of yourself.

1 Like

Please have democrats keep making this asinine argument. ā€œIf President Trump has the audacity to protect American citizens from illegal aliens flooding our country we Democrats will try and use that as a pretext to violate Americans constitutional rightsā€. Because thatā€™s an electoral winner for sure.

3 Likes

Maybe you can ask why this is so different to the Angel moms. Or, perhaps to the countless who have lost family members to drugs being carted across the southern border. If not that, then maybe the guy trying to start a landscaping business legally but canā€™t compete with illegal wages. Or perhaps to the ER doctors, school teachers?

Our system is being overwhelmed and they keep pouring in. Better to fund more judges who can turn these cases around quickly rather than releasing illegals into the country.

As he says from the safety of his gated community :wink:

Itā€™ all okay when it is in the abstract. But some of us can empathize with fellow Americans and want to stand up for them - rather than stand up for party or the ā€œI got mineā€ crowd.

Well, the dems have been incredibly foolhardy and that doesnā€™t seem to phase them.

1 Like

Its all for national defense.
And that is within the Presidentā€™s area of authority. There are three branches of governmentā€¦ not one or two. You lost. Get over it.