Trump says he’ll make ‘major announcement’ Saturday about partial shutdown, border ‘crisis’

Any guesses?

I have two guesses, if that is allowed:

I think he will open the Government in one of two ways.

Something along the lines of Graham’s proposal. A few weeks, after which if there is no movement by DEMs, he will declare a national emergency.

A bipartisan compromise has been reached, allowing both sides to declare victory.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-hell-make-major-announcement-saturday-about-partial-shutdown-border-crisis

I’d love to see what a national emergency border wall would look like.

It would be red. With flashing lights and sirens.

Now that I would donate to.

I doubt the Dems could keep quiet about a deal. I would think they would brag about them re-opening the government loud and proud.

I thought it would be emergency, but WH sources have been claiming no.

And really - what would Trump build with the military money? As far as I know, he doesn’t have a solid plan for this wall. And his willingness to capitulate on the terminology - ‘call it a fence, or a barricade’ - makes me think he himself isn’t sure what he is asking for…

Could he possibly use other executive funds to start paying the federal employees? And be the hero to the working americans effected by the set down?

Democrats are already saying no deal.

Sad that DEMs will allow this absurdity to continue. If they honestly believe Trump will back down, they are sadly mistaken.

This will place the ball into there corner until they come back with their own package.

Let’s see if he goes DACA Don. If he does he will be making the same mistake that Reagan made. No amnesty, no end to the shutdown, build the wall.

They don’t plan to offer any package. They’ve made it quite clear that No discussion will take place until the Government is open. Once open, they will offer a take it or leave it package with everything DEMs want and nothing Trump wants.

This could go on for a very long time.

I want all of them gone. I don’t care how they came here or how old they were when they were brought here. They all need to go. They are completely destroying this country and it makes me sick.

Good…it hasn’t effected me one bit. :wink:

New England elitist snobs done more damage to our country then any illegal IMO.

1 Like

They have ruined this country - but it is their country to ruin. Don’t like it, fight harder.

Illegals are a scourge on this country. They are like filthy locusts coming in here and destroying everything and taking all of our resources it’s disgusting and anyone who supports it should be forced to live among them.

Why is he talking about how long the journey is up here? I don’t care if they all drop dead on their way here.

I’ll take 3 hard workers from Mexico if we send 2 New England libs there.

Would you make that deal or not?

He’s completely folding on this…just watch.

That’s not what people voted for.

Here is what I got so far:

800 MILLION IN HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE

805 MILLION FOR DRUG DETECTION

2750 MORE BORDER AGENTS

75 NEW IMMIGRATION JUDGES

1 Like