Trump goes under the bus as Netanyahu says Israel must not be dragged into Soleimani killing

Our greatest ally in the Middle East, and perhaps the world, has finally spoken. Where would we be without the strength and resolve of Israel? Our greatest ally.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Security Cabinet ministers Monday that the killing of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani was carried out solely by the U.S. and that Israel was not involved in any way and must not be dragged into the escalating conflict, two ministers who attended the meeting told me.

Why it matter s : Like other countries in the region, Israel is concerned that Iran will retaliate against it in order to avenge the killing of Soleimani.

• Since Soleimani was killed last week, Netanyahu’s office ordered Cabinet ministers not to speak to the press about the issue in order to prevent public statements that might create the impression Israel was involved in the operation.

Details: According to the two ministers who attended the meeting, Netanyahu said, “The killing of Soleimani is a U.S. event, not an Israeli event, and we should stay out of it."

• Netanyahu told ministers that the only thing they can say to the media if they are asked about the Soleimani killing is that Israel supports the U.S. and its right to defend itself.

The big picture: The director of Mossad and the head of military intelligence told ministers during the meeting that for now, the probability of an Iranian retaliatory attack against Israel is low and that “Israel stayed in a distance from the incident,” ministers told me.

• The intelligence chiefs told the Cabinet that Iran will start developing its retaliation on Tuesday, when the period of national mourning for Soleimani’s death is over.

https://www.axios.com/netanyahu-israel-iran-soleimani-killing-b846c02b-f592-4b56-9827-9310cac092b8.html

Lol, hopefully Netanyahu goes to prison on the charges he’s been indicted on.

Anyway, this assassination has much to do with Israel, and they are at the forefront of most all our ME policy.

When do we get our $38 billion back? We have a wall to build and roads, bridges, and airports to fix.

It’s simple. Israel does not want its children involved at all with war. Bibi agreed with the strike. But whatever it takes to keep their sons out of war he will do. They want the US to do the fighting.

4 Likes

Absolutely correct.

As Israel has been plotting to kill Soleimani for a while and Iran claimed to foil their latest attempt in October, I believe Netanyahu is pleased. Trump carries out Israel’s hit and draws retaliatory fire to US targets. This looks like a favor to Bibi.

1 Like

How exactly has he thrown the US under the bus?

Both countries, the US and Israel regularly make this point when either one is threatening or being threatened by Iran.

With all the â– â– â–  hating conspiracy nuts making such distinctions clear is always in the best interests of both the US and Israel.

So what? Israel benefits from the death of Soleimani and the US does not. What’s your point, exactly?

I don’t believe this. Israel and Netanyahu would never let President Trump down. Fake news!

Here…they even posted the original press release in dreidel.

How exactly did Israel benefit? They’ll most likely see an increase in terrorism and rocket attacks as promised by Iran in retaliation for his killing.

How do we benefit? Anyone down the chain of command from Solemani now knows we can and will target and kill them.

Iran has known just how far they could push the US with their terror and proxy war for forty years without a strong response from the US resulting.

They now have had the rug jerked completely out from under them and cannot predict how we are likely to respond to the next attack.

All but the first accrue to our benefit.

1 Like

No argument from me on that one!

No such press release was issued.

What he actually said.

Netanyahu initially demanded his cabinet not speak to the press, but he has now directed them to say that Israel supports America and its right to defend itself — remarks that echo the statement he gave reporters on Friday.

“Qassem Soleimani is responsible for the death of American citizens and many other innocent people. He was planning more such attacks," he said last week. “President Trump deserves all the credit for acting swiftly, forcefully, decisively. Israel stands with the United States in its just struggle for peace, security, and self-defense."

That is the only actual quoted statement I can find anywhere from Netanyahu.

Somehow I think you’re serious…:flushed:

Press release…statement. Yeah, I misspoke about how this rat faced bastard delivered his message. Who cares. The content was linked to.

You don’t seem to be inclined to even acknowledge what he actually said.

Why do you refuse to accept much less admit the truth?

“Qassem Soleimani is responsible for the death of American citizens and many other innocent people. He was planning more such attacks," he said last week. “President Trump deserves all the credit for acting swiftly, forcefully, decisively. Israel stands with the United States in its just struggle for peace, security, and self-defense."

Washington Examiner – 6 Jan 20

Time to change the bombing co-ordinates perhaps.

One would think that after everything Trump’s been through, he would have the sense not to trust them. But no. He seems bound and determined to prove he’s just as stubbornly stupid as the worst of his boomer cohort.

Do you think everyone here is an idiot? I think most people have taken to ignoring you based upon your past ridiculous behavior here. Some of the new people I can tell are trying to figure you out but…those of us who have been here since the beginning all know your game. So stop with the intellectual dishonesty already.

2 Likes

You failed to answer the question.

How exactly does Israel stand to benefit since they are most likely going to be on the receiving end of increased terrorist, mortar, and rocket attacks?

Try a straight answer if you can manage one.