This Is What Pisses Me Off About Trump

He may have the House now, but he cannot get it passed in the Senate, so that argument is moot. He cannot take a House yes vote from this session and carry it forward to the next session when he would have more votes in the Senate. The bill would die at the end of the session.

He IS a silly fool…all the time.

I don’t know, Scott. That certainly wasn’t my take away on the exchange.

Pelosi stating several time the conversation should be taken in private. Like the cockroach that she is, she wants to scurry from the light into the dark. She didn’t like having to be challenged in front of the press. Trump enjoyed the hell out of making her squirm. He even told her, this is “transparency”. Watch her body language when he says that.

Trump was right. He can get the votes in the House, but needs 10 in the Senate. He can’t get those. Hanging heavy in the air was why not? The answer was clear…Pelosi and Schumer would obstruct. They didn’t like being called out on that at all.

Schumer acted like a petulant teenager with a grudge to grind against a parent grounding him. He couldn’t look Trump in the eye and snarked over his shoulder to the press.

I think Trump did a great job. The body language was pretty telling, especially when Nancy scooted forward on the couch, waived her hands all over the place, tried to get control but Trump circled back and shot her down again. Schumer just came across like a weasel and Trump flat out told him no wall, no deal.

1 Like

I’d bring every one of them from Europe and build the damn wall here. Let Europe deal with Russia directly without out and maybe they’ll stop lecturing us about global warming and immigration.

Thanks for sharing your opinion @Samm

One thing was for certain, Pelosi and Schumer went into the meeting with no intent on compromise.

He did pretty well for a 2v1. My favorite line:

‘It’s called transparency’

https://www.rt.com/usa/446218-trump-schumer-pelosi-wall-argument/

3 Likes

You must have seen a different session than I did, he made both of them look like fools.

1 Like

Drugs are pouring into the country because we have yet to build anything other than a few short sections of fencing.

Securing the border should be priority number one on the basis of national security period.

Trump needs to do this for all the meetings he has with these swamp creatures to show the people what they’re really like.

2 Likes

Chuck knows he’s lying out of his ass on the subject.

What he should do is have a televised sit down like this before they head into the closed door session to negotiate.

Nothing of substance will be agreed to publicly but it sure as hell sets the tone and puts them in their place prior.

Trump looked and sounded terrible today. And against two of the easiest Democrats to go up against. But the OP is right. He feels his ego is attacked, and loses all ability to respond like a reasonable adult. Schumer’s smug smile through the entirety of Pelosi smacking Trump around like a cat toy was disheartening to watch. Pence sitting there like a reluctant schoolboy who would rather be with his mother than his president only added to the debacle.

Let me make this perfectly CLEAR…Nancy Pelosi’s definition of transparency in policy making is to:

• Lie to the people about what you are trying to accomplish

• Work behind closed doors with like-minded minions to produce legislation that applies to all but the ruling elite

• add superfluous, flowery wording to make the bill more attractive

• conjure up a nifty, easily supportable, misleading name for the bill

• pass the bill into law and let it gradually become transparent to the public that they have been screwed again

Pretty accurate except for one.

“We’ll have to pass the bill to see what’s in it”.

Jaw dropping stupidity.

1 Like

That’s not what happened at all. You must have been watching Sponge Bob Square Pants.

1 Like

If you watch the first video that I posted. It was incomplete and gives a much different perspective, at least for me, than the second video which showed his exchange with Schumer. He really had nothing for Pelosi when she invited him to put up legislation in the house… i.e. put up or shut up. After all, while it would be defeated in the Senate (because of democrat stonewalling) it would show intent in the peoples house… I don’t even think Ryan could be counted on to put the bill on the floor.

Trumps only real retort was to Pelosi’s constant, ‘we shouldn’t be doing this in public’, when he commented about this being transparency…

In the second video and one I hadn’t seen when I posted the thread, Trump owned Schumer… right down to saying he wouldn’t blame Schumer for this shut down but the last one, which was a disaster was definitely his…
I guess in the grand scheme of things he handled himself in the best way he knows how but I still think that a little more mirror time with better talking points would serve him better.

I watched the 10-1/2/minute video that Jeff posted above in post #17.

…and the entire 17:07 video is linked in post #18.

Trump should have said we spend over a HUNDRED BILLION EVERY YEAR caring for and educating ILLEGALS , so you two morons are complaining about spending 5 billion on border security . He let crying Chuck turn his stats against him ,when the president cited several examples were the repairs stopped 90plus % from entering our Country , Crying Chuck said your fences and walls repairs worked so we will keep the funding the same as before . Wasted moment indeed !!!