This crisis, including the scorched earth economy, is Cuomo's fault, not Trump's

So do lockdowns even work? Was the lockdown even necessary? If 66% of coronavirus hospitalizations in the epicenter are people who stayed at home and were not essential workers, what was the point? And Cuomo’s (imitation), “Oh, I was really surprised. I was shocked when I saw these numbers.” What do you mean, shocked? None of this ought to surprise anybody. Common sense is being stood upside down and on its head.
That’s right. “A study of hospitals last week found that of 1,000 patients –” it’s an average “– 66% were people that stayed at home.” Now, how do you explain that, folks? “Seventy-three percent of the new hospitalizations were people aged 51 and over and 96% had underlying health conditions. Most were in Manhattan, 21%, but 18% of the new hospitalizations were in Long Island. In New York City, 90% of those who answered said they had not been taking public transport. Cuomo said it showed that the new infections were down to ‘personal behavior’ like not wearing masks or not hand washing enough.”

And, you know, here’s the story from the New York Times on travel: “Travel From New York City Seeded Wave of U.S. Outbreaks — New York City’s coronavirus outbreak grew so large by early March that the city became the primary source of new infections in the United States, new research reveals, as thousands of infected people traveled from the city,” and took with them outbreaks all over the country.

“The research indicates that a wave of infections swept from New York City through much of the country before the city began setting social distancing limits to stop the growth. That helped to fuel outbreaks in Louisiana, Texas, Arizona and as far away as the West Coast.”

The bottom line of the article is that the spread of the Wuhan virus in America can be directly said to have occurred on nonaction from Andrew Cuomo and Bill de Blasio. Not Trump. Trump’s got nothing to do with this, other than trying to give ’em all the hospital beds they said they needed, sending ’em a Navy hospital ship. Oh. You know the bunch that built the hospital beds in Central Park, Samaritan’s Purse? They volunteered. And Cuomo wants income tax payments from ’em.

Bottom line, this is Cuomo’s fault.

CUMO

2 Likes

Hindsight is 20/20.

At the time, given the information and statics I had, I locked down my company.

Not to do so at that time given the information I had would have been unconscionable.

Ok, I hope someone can help me understand this crap from Governor Cumo.

A few weeks ago, he was asking, then begging for help. So, he got the needed help from outside the state. So, the volunteers flocked to his state to help during the crisis.

Now he wants to tax them? :roll_eyes:

So let me guess this right. The lockdowns are stupid and haven’t done anything but if Cuomo had locked down sooner then the outbreak wouldn’t be as bad?

I think Cuomo is a shithead but these mental gymnastics are ridiculous.

Not only that, he waited until April to have the subways shutdown, so they could clean and sanitize the cars. When over a million a day uses the subway on a daily basis. Huh? Lol

I bet the subway cars are dirty once again. :roll_eyes:

Why wasn’t Cuomo cleaning the subways to begin with?

I was referring to the people who work on the subway trains. :rofl:
He waited until April, a month later after the lockdown began in NYC. He knew that these folks were going to be riding the subway trains and buses. Why didn’t he have them shutdown then?

1 Like

93b0b23bc4a361f5

1 Like

@AlexC As I said before, it’s cities like Los Angeles, New York City and a few others that are “adding new numbers that are unrelated to the virus deaths” to make it appear that these are the “actual” numbers.
People that have died of natural causes, or other forms of disease-related deaths, suicide deaths and others, are added to the status - because, it “happened during the crisis”. So, they must be added to the numbers.

I vaguely doubt that NYC alone really had that many deaths in a span of 2 months. Compared to other cities - like Tokoyo.

Cuomo should be removed from office and criminally prosecuted over this. And then sued civilly until he and his family are bankrupt and living in a homeless camp after release from prison.

I agree! Put him along with Newsom, too! :rofl:
But we all know that would never happen!

So let me guess this right. The lockdowns are stupid and haven’t done anything but if Cuomo had locked down sooner then the outbreak wouldn’t be as bad?

I think Cuomo is a shithead but these mental gymnastics are ridiculous.

I’m just going by the facts. Most of the plague was spread throughout the country by Cuomo’s incompetence.
Interestingly enough, it was Florida Governor Ron DeSantis who was on top of this from the beginning. First thing he did was order drivers from New York, New Jersey and New Orleans to be quarantined for two weeks before they could come into this state, or they could just turn back. He probably saved a few million Florida lives by doing that.

He can order them to quarantine once in his state but he can’t order anyone to quarantine before coming to his state (he can ask and recommend). His sovereignty doesn’t extend beyond the borders of Florida and governors preventing anyone from traveling to any other state, or entering their state, is unconstitutional.

Wonder who forced nursing homes to take in corona patients. hmm They couldn’t even ask if they had it so they’d put them in rooms with healthy elderly… 3500 died.

I have no complaints in the way he handled Florida.

A lot of people continued to run their businesses and restaurants are opening up this coming week.

That has much to do with local officials and in my neck of the woods they’re pretty conservative.

That was an excellent move on his part and it probably did save countless lives.

No one said he did. All he did was protect Floridians.

GOV HOMO of NY killed 4800 nursing home residents with his insane order . And the moron had a light go on in that fucked up head and was amazed 66% of deaths were those in homes , DUH WHF

1. he is a fucking moron
  2. he is a demonRAT
  3. he was hiding his homeless population and busy locking up working American that did not comply .
  4. see 1 &2
1 Like

You don’t think those subways in NYC doesn’t need any cleaning? :roll_eyes:

The entire democrat party needs a cleaning . The worst run States, tons of debt and crime . When will voters wake up ??? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like