The U.S. should suspend all immigration

My fault for being unclear, I was discussing the illegals caught entering.

One way to stop the influx of illegals is to turn the screws on Mexico. Cut off their aid for starters, maybe even add on a travel tax for those goofs that vacation in Mexico. Another is to tax all money being transferred out of our country into Mexico.

Which isn’t what I was talking about either. The ones Oregon set the fund up for have been in the Country illegally for several years already. Again, “Sanctuary State.” This is the same State the governor was bitching about ICE not asking the County’s/City’s permission to pickup illegals being walked out the back door of the Multnomah County Courthouse in Downtown Portland even though she’s also publicly stated (and wrote and signed an executive order stating) that no public official in the State is allowed to cooperate with ICE as it goes against the State’s Constitution. Because again, “Sanctuary State.”

Throw in ending all trade, eliminate foreign aid would get their attention.

Which would result in collapsing their economy and flood the US with millions of Mexican Illegals completely overwhelming the Border, Border Patrol, ICE and the immigration courts which would result in the US falling into a deep recession as a result.

Suicide isn’t a cure for cancer and this wouldn’t be a cure for our problems it would make them exponentially worse.

Who would stop it? Actually, a total suspension shows no bias toward any group so it should stand. And there is precedent: From the 30’s to the 50’s there was no immigration at all. Rush has mentioned that several times

The courts just as they’ve done on his travel bans.

I don’t think its quite the same thing. As I said, a TOTAL suspension shows no bias toward any group so it should stand. And from the 30’s to the 50’s there was no immigration at all.
PLUS, I think SCOTUS overturned the lower courts block of his ban.

Huh? You know how that ended right?

from Trump travel ban: A timeline – DW – 06/26/2018

#> # Ban stands

On June 26, 2018, the Supreme Court decided 5-4 (along conservative/liberal lines) to let the ban stand. In the majority opinion, Chief Justice John Roberts made it clear that the court was not ruling on the “soundness” of the policy, but that the president had “set forth a sufficient national security justification.” Protestors gathered on the court’s steps comforted one another after the ruling.

It would bring this to a head and end the madness where they transport illegals to our border for entry.

If it gets worse, we would militarize our border and finally secure it.

Some would say accelerate the inevitable.

2 Likes

Every day my job has a cocky illegal come in take jobs and dumb ass white girls at my job fawn over them. Tripping them selves to learn spanish…
America is over no hope

Doesn’t matter, they have a list of friendly judges who will rule their way on any immigration issue.

No it wouldn’t. Even if we mobilized the military to secure the border all they could do is arrest them and take them to ice. We can’t physically throw them out once they have even one foot on US soil without due process.

We’d be looking at probably 3 million or more people rushing the border in the first year alone and just from Mexico if their economy collapses.

Between existing law and the courts not to mention public sentiment we’re screwed if something like that happens.

I disagree.

Put the military on the border with weapons and orders to arrest them and transport the to an entry point for instant deportation after finger printing to ensure they are never allowed into the US.

Which cannot be done legally or constitutionally. Once they set one foot on US soil they are entitled to due process and that can only be changed by Amending The Constitution.

All turn backs and turnarounds have to be consensual.

You are correct, they are entitled to due process. However, there are no laws which state they can’t be sent back to their home country while waiting for their court date.

1 Like

Just make the border states “Citizen sanctuary” states. Eliminate the need for due process. I mean if it works for ignoring Federal immigration laws, why not? Whats good for the goose…

They can’t be deported without due process which means all turnarounds and turnbacks have to be voluntary so no, that’s not gonna work.

There’s a lot of argument as to whether or not the asylum seekers can lawfully be forced to even remain outside of the country while awaiting their hearings. So far Trump is having some success with the latter but there’s no way the courts would allow for deportations without a hearing.

Which would never fly no matter how much we’d like it to be the case.

Why not? Sanctuary cities/states have been flying for several years already. What, afraid of a little competition?