The Rabbit Hole

The audience here is quite limited. I think we have about 20 members.

Yes, I think that is about right.
The thread I started is in the global viewing area, I was recently awarded this interesting accolade.

Nice-share-badge

2 Likes

Congrats! I like that one, too.

Not bragging, but I have received 3 of those. :innocent:

It is the links that are attractive to the visitors, not our usernames. :grin:

1 Like

You know I can control my LDL levels? We all can. To get a low reading, I need to eat loads of carbs and sugar beforehand. To get a high reading, I fast.
So my LDL levels will go sky high when I havenā€™t eaten for 24+ hours and the docs would want to put me on statins. The next day I can tell them they got it all wrong after consuming a stack of doughnuts and they will agree with me that I am healthy. So in essence they either want you on statins or diabetes drugs. You have to take something!

The science behind it. LDL particles are like little zip files. They zip up the triglycerides and transport them to the muscles and around the body where they are needed. The triglycerides have to be carried in some sort of container as oil and water donā€™t mix. When fasting, the fat cells release these triglycerides for use and LDL goes up. Simple supply and demand. The assumption that LDL is bad stems from LDL in an oxidative state which is very different. That happens in the presence of lots of SUGAR!

Say you took statins to lower your LDL. Oh dear! LDL cholesterol is around every cell in your body. Your body makes it, loads more than you can eat and it makes it from saturated fat. Your hormones, including testosterone in men, are made from cholesterol. So take statins and you will grow moobs, get all splodgy and turn into a whinging old woman.

Here is some from my collection to chew on.

@robgsxr I know you will be interested in these. :wink:

I certainlay amā€¦ just need to understand it now :rofl::rofl:

Back to school exam mode to cram it in :face_with_monocle:

Iā€™m sure there are lots of threads on the same subject.
I also post here sometimes.
https://politicalbullpen.com/t/no-evidence-for-anthropogenic-climate-change
But I like posting in RH

1 Like

Yep you gotta be kidding me.

Well, that is a very interesting stroke & heart disease vs fat consumption chart !

Nope they ainā€™t kidding

Want to extend your lifespan by three days? Take statins!

1 Like
1 Like

f3ebc664639611b1

2 Likes

4a6343244b166f55

2 Likes

Screenshot_7

5 Likes

ā€œTrust us. Weā€™re professionals.ā€

1 Like

What a bunch of idiots. More professional athletes smoked Lucky Strikes.

b1aa5ab0c4dc76b9

2 Likes

Whatā€™s up with this?

Labourā€™s extraordinary policy for 10% of the shares in all UK companies with more than 250 employees to be transferred to an ā€˜inclusive ownership fundā€™. These IOFs, although nominally under the control of employee representatives, would be in fact a vehicle for de facto nationalisation of the shares. While a maximum of Ā£500 per year in dividends would go to the employees of the companies, 90% would be paid to the state. Moreover the IOF wouldnā€™t have meaningful ownership of the shares in that it couldnā€™t sell them, nor could employees sell their interest in the IOF.

That sounds par for the course with Labourā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow: