The Rabbit Hole

https://youtu.be/RQRIOKvR2WM

1 Like

https://youtu.be/PECjfHjvVQA

1 Like

Sizewell is only an hours drive from me.
Are you assuming nuclear power stations will be targeted Jen ?
I may have wrongly assumed that the major cities would be targeted first I think either way as such a small island the U.K. will be all but ruined. I read that todayā€™s nuclear bombs are as much as 3000 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, it really doesnā€™t bear thinking about one being used in modern times. :grimacing:

I have no idea! Looking at Stuā€™s map, Landā€™s End seems to be the best bet and too far off the London /Bradford corridor for Muslims. France is filled with nuclear reactors, so no point in legging it over the Channel. Mountains are good to hide out in, especially if you can get inside a deep tunnel going through! Youā€™re on the coast, so maybe have a boat ready to sail to the southern hemisphere! :confounded::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

The argument for having nuclear weapons is to provide peace as Putin stated in Stuā€™s clip.
So on that basis the safest countries would be U.S. and Russia presumably :roll_eyes:

I have no intention to learn Russian so I will head off to the States if thereā€™s any whiff of a real launch occurring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VlruVG81w

1 Like

We have nukes. If a nuke attack is imminent, I doubt if there will be much transport available and probably no planes will be flying. My hub winds me up saying the road network will be blocked /trashed/ not available so he is going to get a Land Rover to go cross country then we get on a boat and head to South Africa with him sailing it of course. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hope I stay supple enough to kiss my arse goodbye :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Heā€™s right, you only have to watch a few films like Independence Day (yes, I knowā€¦)

Thereā€™s always the off-road motorcycleā€¦ ( wonders if Teslas are rad-hard )

These days tactical weapons are about the size of a Hiroshima bomb, so could be delivered by shell or short range missile. I canā€™t see an aggressor bothering about actually hitting nuclear power stations, the primary targets would be American air bases (such as Lakenheath if there is anything there) and anywhere considered strategically important ā€¦ and we probably donā€™t know about half of those.

The typical American strategic weapon is about 5 megatons. That is nominally 350 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb. One of those going off over London at a height of about 5 miles (25,000ft), or whatever the optimum height is, would wipe out everything inside the M25 (I calculate a total obliteration zone radius of around 14km).

The scary thing is that, after the Russians won the race to create the biggest bang, the US pursued miniaturisation. These days such a weapon ( 5Mt ) apparently weighs 350kg and occupies a cylinder with diameter 18-inches ā€¦ so can easily be deployed by cruise missile.

So Stu, any exercises for maintaining suppleness for old gits? :rofl:

2 Likes

h02F1E5A4

2 Likes

There are some on this forum who could go beyond that.

1 Like

In the US you have Man vs. Food. In Wales there is Man vs. Horse. You would think itā€™s a non race, but man has won it twice in its 40 year history!

1 Like

ā€œOne Second Afterā€ was one of the top five books Iā€™ve ever read (and I am a voracious reader). I could not put the book down. While the book is ā€œfictionā€ it details a very realistic breakdown in society and how people have to make very hard choices to survive. It is an excellent read and I recommend it highly. It is a real eye-opener.

Iā€™ve been through several hurricanes here in South Florida. Youā€™d not believe what animals people turn into at the grocery stores or waiting in gas lines. And, THAT is when people know the situation is temporary. :grimacing::woozy_face:

People are like that here, especially the fat ones, when the supermarkets are about to close for one day (Christmas day).

1 Like

Europe mighty early! Donā€™t tell me morning sickness woke you! :smile:

I get up at 6 to get the kids to school. I wake up around 5:30. Iā€™m used to it. :smirk: BTW, morning sickness has nothing to do with morning!

1 Like

Could it have more to do with mourning?

Just use a bit of artistic licence like I did ! If I could kiss my arse I would have joined the circus a long time ago :laughing:

Seriously though you can regain lost suppleness with stretching exercises. You ainā€™t going to be a contortionist but enough to make a noticeable difference. We had a bloke about 10 years or so ago who walked in the dojo for the first time in his life at 62 and in about 6 months or so he went from being well short of touching toes to touching them and holding the stretch.

There are some on this forum were the head would not be visible. :wink:

1 Like