The Rabbit Hole

Virtue signalling. Meanwhile, supermarkets use shit loads of plastic in their packaging and nothing is said about that. Could that be because it’s easier to hammer the consumer than the corporates who have their fingers in political pies, I wonder. :thinking:

I frequent one store where I am asked if I prefer plastic or paper sacks. Recently, I responded that I am “bi-sacksual”…I like sacks…both ways!

There’s another store I frequent that doesn’t provide bags at all. You bring your own bags or boxes.

1 Like

I believe that McDonalds are completely phasing out plastic straws, and returning to using waxed paper spirals as was commonly in use when we were kids.

It is true that mankind has polluted the oceans with plastic. The consequences of assumption rear their heads again, as I had assumed that most creatures would eat what constitutes ‘food’. However it seems that the selection process used by turtles and seabirds (as a superficial sample) is to swallow it and see what happens.

The result is that the stomachs of the creatures fill up with plastic and their digestion system grinds to a halt, resulting in death by starvation.

This process was revealed to me in a recent documentary by someone on Channel-5 (IIRC, and not David Attenborough) who went to some beaches and publicised the morass of plastic at the edge of the tide. They also picked up a few not-quite-dead seabirds and took them to a nearby refuge where vets treated them. The treatment consisted of pumping out the birds stomachs (by inducing vomiting) to see what came out. One hapless creature produced 40 pieces of rubbish including some small bottle tops and a Lego-brick.

I was appalled.

In some regions (I think it was the Gulf of Mexico) fishermen are being paid something like $1 per pound of plastic which they dredge-up in their trawling nets and return to the shore for proper disposal. A great idea! :+1:

The two should be recognised as different threats. The Muslim problem is a bit like gangrene, the China problem is a bit like the Russian revolution of 1917.

As an aside, there is an interesting parallel between the events in Russia in 1914-17 and the Gilets Jaune which afflict Macron. In both cases the government militia refused to turn against their own people…

I saw some of this footage Ex, I was also a bit saddened. The more I see of this global issue the more I do believe it is a campaign worthy of some effort.

I think the far east receives quite a lot of the worlds crap washing up on the beaches

144210ed-988e-4734-95a9-5a843300a9c3

1 Like

What is it do you think I buy personally that is made in China?

Big Woopee doo! That pales in comparison to what the Chinese are doing. China is the biggest threat to the world, and if you can’t see that and want to use false and weak equivalencies to make your argument, then you lose every time. Its not even close! Also you don’t have to go half around the world to fight the Chinese, they have already infiltrated your institutions, but you already know that right? Sounds like you are not very read up on what the Chinese have been doing! I am not the only one making this observation, and I already provided plenty of material here on this forum to make my case, but go ahead and ignore that too. I rest my case, this isn’t even worth arguing anymore if you can’t acknowledge some truths being presented.

No doubt about it! I was asking the question because I remember California trying to pass a law that would fine people for using plastic straws. Then I saw a sign in a restaurant today in Hong Kong that was promoting a no straw policy, and I thought to myself, gee wiz, California liberals have now reached HK. On aside, I will acknowledge though plastics are a problem in the worlds oceans, so if that means using wax straws or in some cases where I saw metal straws being sold then so be it, I have no problem with that. Generally I also support separating our trash from plastics, metals, and paper, and it was pretty standard while I lived in New York. I just got used to it and thought it was a good idea.

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but here it is anyway

Good riddance to that idiot Soubry. She will be in good company with that other idiot Ammuna (sp?)

1 Like

No, I don’t know that. I am not aware that they are infiltrating our government channels.

They have been quite successful in the fast food business…

I haven’t seen any Chinese policemen, ambulance people, maybe the occasional nurse and doctor, no teachers that I am aware of (excluding Chinese-mixed-race).

That is not hard to figure out. You have heard of lobbyists? Right? UK is no different than any other government pandering to the interests of foreign nationals if large sums of money is involved. That is what I mean about infiltrating institutions. They have also infiltrated your educational institutions as well and have bought some businesses and cyber attacked your military secrets and installations.

Fast forward a year later and now things look a lot different.

Edit:
Just a question I am wondering about: Where or what country do you think has the largest population of Muslims in the world?

I also want to make clear that I am not diminishing the Muslim threat, but most of the problems that Europe is dealing with is of its own making. It is the feckless leaders within the government of the UK and the EU that are mostly responsible for importing millions of Muslims into their countries, so on this issue alone is a little bit confounding to me. The US is not as bad, but who knows how that is going to turn out for us if the liberals gain control of our government again. I suspect we will be in the same boat if we can’t address our immigration problem right now.

Did you know that all the countries on our hate list do NOT have a CB that is owned by the Rothschilds?
China, Russia, Syria, Iran, North Korea and Cuba all have independent CB’s, as did Iraq and Libya before we fucked them up
Just cohencidence of course but!!!

3 Likes

That is a good one. I don’t know but I suspect South East Asia. Also the north African countries’ populations have been blossoming, so it could still be ME/NA

Ever heard of AIPAC Doc?

1 Like

Why are you getting your knickers in such a twist?

You are like a piss in the ocean. Why would you matter? By “you” I mean the US. Why whinge about China when you’re their biggest customer and provide the majority of their revenue?

I don’t buy it.

Seems totally plausible to me.

Heidi Allen is my MP. Good riddance. At my kids’ old school which she visited, one kid asked her what party she would be in if it wasn’t Conservative. Without hesitation, she said Lib Dems. We want a by election! This is a strong Conservative area. She is finished.

Interesting study, the reusable bags are nasty things if you throw in your meat products. Guess people don’t wash the reusable bags often or ever.

Researchers at the University of Arizona and Loma Linda University queried shoppers headed into grocery stores in California and Arizona, asking them if they wash those reusable bags.

The researchers were likely met with a lot of blank looks. Most shoppers – 97%, in fact – reported that they do not regularly, if ever, wash the bags.

Further, three-fourths acknowledged that they don’t use separate bags for meats and for vegetables, and about a third said they used the bags for, well, all sorts of things (storing snacks, toting books). You can see where this is going.

The researchers tested 84 of the bags for bacteria. They found whopping amounts in all but one bag, and coliform bacteria (suggesting raw-meat or uncooked-food contamination) in half. And yes, the much-feared E. coli was among them – in 12% of the bags.

Here’s the full report, (yes it’s a long title)Assessment of the Potential for Cross Contamination of Food Products by Reusable Shopping Bags.

PALM SPRINGS, Calif. — Jamie Norton considered himself an early adopter of reusable shopping bag, keeping them in the trunk of his car so they’re on hand whenever he stops for groceries.

But washing the bags wasn’t part of the routine.

STORY: Ore. norovirus traced to reusable bag
BLOG: Reusable shopping bags may be health risk

“If it gets too dirty, I just toss it out,” Norton, 61, said as he walked out of Jensen’s grocery store here with one of his bags full of food. “I have never washed a reusable bag.”

Will you be standing?

Again you are projecting!

I am just stating my discourse as in I practice what I preach. I don’t own or buy anything made in China. There probably was at one time that I did buy things without knowing it, but not anymore and it has been that way for quite some time.

That tide is turning, and we aim not to be in the not too distant future. Also your response is not surprising coming from someone who has no problem living under a police surveillance state. Again might help if you actually studied up on the subject before making such sweeping generalizations!

Lol, you could! There was talk once of Boris taking this seat.

I know Heidi Allen has been getting a lot of stick locally. I wrote her a number of strongly worded emails of which I didn’t receive a single reply. She herself has alluded to local Conservative Party meetings getting very heated especially with concerns to Brexit. She simply left before she was pushed. Ditto Anna Soubry.

Off the top of my head I think its Indonesia. Where do the majority of immigrant Muslims living in the UK come from?