The Neo-Cons are trying to Create a Hot War with Russia

Two other perspectives, the first from Ron Paul.
When the Bush Administration announced in 2008 that Ukraine and Georgia would be eligible for NATO membership, I knew it was a terrible idea. Nearly two decades after the end of both the Warsaw Pact and the Cold War, expanding NATO made no sense. NATO itself made no sense.

Explaining my “no” vote on a bill to endorse the expansion, I said at the time:

NATO is an organization whose purpose ended with the end of its Warsaw Pact adversary… This current round of NATO expansion is a political reward to governments in Georgia and Ukraine that came to power as a result of US-supported revolutions, the so-called Orange Revolution and Rose Revolution.

Providing US military guarantees to Ukraine and Georgia can only further strain our military. This NATO expansion may well involve the US military in conflicts unrelated to our national interest…

Unfortunately, as we have seen this past week, my fears have come true. One does not need to approve of Russia’s military actions to analyze its stated motivation: NATO membership for Ukraine was a red line it was not willing to see crossed. As we find ourselves at risk of a terrible escalation, we should remind ourselves that it didn’t have to happen this way. There was no advantage to the United States to expand and threaten to expand NATO to Russia’s doorstep. There is no way to argue that we are any safer for it.

NATO went off the rails long before 2008, however. The North Atlantic Treaty was signed on April 4, 1949 and by the start of the Korean War just over a year later, NATO was very much involved in the military operation of the war in Asia, not Europe!

NATO’s purpose was stated to “guarantee the safety and freedom of its members by political and military means.” It is a job not well done!

I believe as strongly today as I did back in my 2008 House Floor speech that, “NATO should be disbanded, not expanded.” In the meantime, expansion should be off the table.

Hear, hear, Dr. Paul.

I also encourage you to read this terrific column by Attorney John Whitehead entitled Perpetual Tyranny: Endless Wars Are The Enemy Of Freedom .

In this column Whitehead wrote,

As long as America’s politicians continue to involve us in wars that bankrupt the nation, jeopardize our servicemen and women, increase the chances of terrorism and blowback domestically, and push the nation that much closer to eventual collapse, “we the people” will find ourselves in a perpetual state of tyranny.

It’s time for the U.S. government to stop policing the globe.

This latest crisis—America’s part in the showdown between Russia and the Ukraine—has conveniently followed on the heels of a long line of other crises, manufactured or otherwise, which have occurred like clockwork in order to keep Americans distracted, deluded, amused, and insulated from the government’s steady encroachments on our freedoms.

And so it continues in its Orwellian fashion.

Two years after COVID-19 shifted the world into a state of global authoritarianism, just as the people’s tolerance for heavy-handed mandates seems to have finally worn thin, we are being prepped for the next distraction and the next drain on our economy.

Yet policing the globe and waging endless wars abroad isn’t making America—or the rest of the world—any safer, it’s certainly not making America great again, and it’s undeniably digging the U.S. deeper into debt.

War has become a huge money-making venture, and the U.S. government, with its vast military empire, is one of its best buyers and sellers.

What most Americans—brainwashed into believing that patriotism means supporting the war machine—fail to recognize is that these ongoing wars have little to do with keeping the country safe and everything to do with propping up a military industrial complex that continues to dominate, dictate and shape almost every aspect of our lives.

Consider: We are a military culture engaged in continuous warfare. We have been a nation at war for most of our existence. We are a nation that makes a living from killing through defense contracts, weapons manufacturing and endless wars.

The United States is the number one consumer, exporter and perpetrator of violence and violent weapons in the world. Seriously, America spends more money on war than the combined military budgets of China, Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy and Brazil. America polices the globe, with 800 military bases and troops stationed in 160 countries. Moreover, the war hawks have turned the American homeland into a quasi-battlefield with military gear, weapons and tactics. In turn, domestic police forces have become roving extensions of the military—a standing army.

The American Empire—with its endless wars waged by U.S. military servicepeople who have been reduced to little more than guns for hire: outsourced, stretched too thin, and deployed to far-flung places to police the globe—is approaching a breaking point.

1 Like

The woketards just spent the last few years death vaxxing and BLM terrorizing our country and now the GOP says shit like: We don’t want any division. We need to stay united.

Bitch yes we do want division! We need to get these woke trash people the fuck out of here. What the hell is wrong with these unity f a g s?

Of course they are going to say that, they need to protect their cash money laundering cow. The age of the petro dollar is ending.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1500457642325692418?s=20&t=8sahFBJlVbBsFINvZUVzjw

Isn’t funny how they can just approve millions of Tax payers dollars to give away to Ukraine without the peoples consent?

F-a-g-s like Time Scott and Trey Gowdy are closet lovers. Lindsey is the same. McConnell is into little Thai boys and has been seen in Thailand with some. All of these people are lower scum of the Earth, and can’t wait when the reckoning starts so the trash can be taken out! They are all going to be ushered into the cities! Watch for it, thats what is next!

1 Like

The thing is too…with all of this bullshit…that Russia actually has a realist position - they can’t let missiles move right up to their front door, and they also need a warm water port for trade.

Western liberalism has an insane position about promoting “rights” worldwide that is totally disconnected from reality.

The Western powers are determined to get as many people in Ukraine killed as possible in order to prop up their moral grift. Russia is minimizing collateral damage as much as they can. I support that.

5 Likes

Me waiting for the US military to airlift White Ukrainian refugees to America like they did for Afghans.

4 Likes

Russia for years has been warning the west about their Redline. NATO has since then been trying to expand its reach with recent inclusions of certain countries. The thing that is mostly at stake here is the CIA assets that set up camp in Ukraine, something Putin has known about for quite sometime. Remember the call with Zelensky that got Trump impeached? Remember Russian collusion? All the dots are starting to connect in terms of motives from the Big Club. Trump was in the process of shutting all those dark money sites down and when that started to happen they got spooked and called in their dogs to remove Trump. Now Putin has to do it for us. In the end this is all going to be a huge power play on the backs of digital currency that is designed to bypass the US mighty dollar. Who is going to suffer? The US working class. What is most alarming is the prices for Agri products to which food production is in some serious trouble. People better start waking the fuck up, because what is happening is the great famine is next!

3 Likes

If we don’t support Ukraine, they may never have drag queen story hour again!!

4 Likes

Oh no! Think of the children!

Who will teach them to twerk?

1 Like

If we don’t support Ukraine they will lose access to Pfizer vaccines.

1 Like

Step 1: Leave your borders open to invasion by foreign hordes.

Step 2: Label anyone who wants to protect your border and stop the foreign invasion a terrorist.

Step 3: Try to get the patriotic people you labeled terrorists fired up to go fight a war across the world to secure someone else’s border.

Result: Every normal, patriotic American hates and distrusts their government

4 Likes

Fox News is now just one neocon shill after another being paid $300k a year to tell working-class White Americans making $30k a year to go die for American Oligarchs making $300M a year

worthless garbage

4 Likes

Another reason why I don’t watch Fox News. This is pretty damning in an alarming way. Its on! Fox News is controlled opposition and should never be trusted.

1 Like

Nail on the fuckin head!

Don’t count on me for any Alamo or Beaches of Normandy moment for any of this Ukraine/Russia shit.

That ain’t happening.

This country has done nothing but treat me as tax cattle since birth, and has recently taken to openly persecuting me as a passionate hobby.

Honestly this country can go fuck itself. I don’t care if I see a fleet of Russian tanks rolling right past my house, I’m not even getting out of my recliner.

These cucked politicians can get the browns and blacks they have been giving everything to for decades to handle it. I’m sitting this one out.

2 Likes

This guy calls Biden out! This is awesome!

https://youtu.be/amedvN8zIE8

2 Likes

Nope, not even with a declaration of war. What constitutional legitimacy would a congressional declaration of war have for the defense of an Eastern European state that has only had independence for 30 years following the dissolution of the Soviet Union which was a result of much American statecraft to begin with???

There’s a reason why there is no Ukraine on this map……

Exactly. Though their (2) warm water ports are more about their legitimate national security interest in housing their navy, particularly during winter months when all their northern ports are frozen…

And just coincidentally the US threatened both of Russia’s warm water ports at the same time, first the attempted regime change in Syria which would have certainly led to Russia’s eviction from the Syrian port at Tartus that Russia had lease to, leading to Russia’s successful intervention there, and second by our statecraft in Kiev’s Maiden square in October of 2014 which led to the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Ukraine, a direct threat to Russia’s warm water port at Sevastopol Crimea, which Russia held lease thru 2047, prompting Russia’s successful intervention there….

Um, it’s not just Fox engaged in that, CNN is on board for every war and all hostilities that the US ever gets in. The dissemination of propaganda from both networks regarding Russia/Ukraine right now is disgusting……:rage:

1 Like

Democrats are propaganda… they go hand and hand… Chuck Todd spent a half hour talking about how Donald Trump is responsible for some type of insurrection that never happened lol

1 Like

The media in general is on board with whatever brings in viewers. Fox sucks, right along side of CNN and all the rest.

1 Like

Fox is run by democrats.

1 Like