The Literary Corner and Philosophers Thread 📙 📖

June 21st was Hemmingways birthday. He would be 125 years old. Born in 1899 July 21st, he was a troubled man but a brilliant writer.

1 Like

Despite his mother’s penchant to dress him in girl’s clothes

In those days baby/very young boys were dressed in what we call dresses. I have picture of my grandfather in a ‘dress’ as a baby.

Hemingway’s mother wasn’t that innocent.
She was a very overbearing kind; she was a professional opera singer and music teacher, making more money than her husband who was a doctor.

Luckily for Ernest Hemingway, his father was an outdoorsman, so he could learn a balanced way of life from his father.

Nonetheless, Hemingway developed mental and emotional problems in his teens with his overbearing mother. Who can blame him?

I know nothing about Hemingway… other than he was a great writer… and he loved Scotch whisky. :wink:

1 Like

Favorite Books of his:

“A Farewell to Arms”, “Across the River Through the Trees”, “Old Man and the Sea”, For Whom The Bell Tolls", and Short Stories collection.

2 Likes

Cayce himself didn’t want to accept what he said under hypnosis.
Nonetheless, it matches the recent studies and theories by Dr Barbara Thiering (who herself took a lot of flak from Christian scholars).

You miss out on natural healing energy of the earth. You weren’t born with shoes on if you think about this on a deeper level

If you wear moccasins, you’re not separated from Earth.

Actually, it depens on what kind of moccs. I understand real ones are made of deer skin, and no thick plastic soles.

In the Australian outback, I met a white guy walking around barefoot. He lived among the aborigines too long. LOL

You weren’t born with sandals on your feet either. :wink:

Never said I was, but the fact still remains. Since I started training barefooted all those aches and injuries have gone away.

Go ahead indulge yourself in touching the Earth! Don’t you just want to have your bare feet run through a fresh cut grass on a summers eve? :laughing:

Ahh bliss!

1 Like

Well, I spent from 9 years old to 30 in Martial Arts so… a good bit of time barefoot :grin:. I just as soon wear shoes these days :wink:.

It doesn’t mean you can’t still go barefooted. Do you wear shoes on the beach? In the pool?

Geronimo wearing boots which you can pull up when you walk on the desert terraine full of cacti (and poisonous critters)

Muscular Australian aborigenes. They (men and women) lived butt-naked and of course barefooted for tens of thousands of years.

1 Like

Joos may succeed in barring freedom of speech in the UK, US and entire Europe, but will fail in banning freedom of thought.

There have been quite a few studies that
Document this not just amongst the Aboriginals but groups that live more Hunter gatherers lifestyles Testosterone levels don’t start dropping until man are in thier 40’s And even when it’s as much slower rate

The one thing that can’t be banned by anyone, let alone Jews, is thought.

There is no retirement in traditional aborigines society, which does not mean the old are abandoned. They remain very active physically and mentally.

In “modern” societies people are already burnt out in their 40s or even in 30s in some cases.

Because the day to day routine of “the job” kills the spirit. It’s terrible how workers are treated, consumed and thrown out in this country.

2 Likes