The Literary Corner and Philosophers Thread 📙 📖

Astrology and tarot cards are as good as the reader, and there’s nothing satanic or diabolical about them. Same for Chinese I-Ching.

Ben Fulford (a Canadian whiste blower, if we can call him that, residing in Tokyo) said Israel and the US will die.

Well, Joo S.A. and the criminal Zionist state are joined at the hip, so no surprise there.

Is Fulford’s intel right?

10 concepts (from Ancient Rome) that explain the modern world:

1. The Tacitus Razor: “If you want to know who controls you, see who you’re not allowed to criticize.” This is how comedians accidently reveal a society’s hierarchy—they call everyone naked, and soon discover who the king is.

2. The Slavery Syndrome. Roman historian Sallust: “Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master.” Genuine liberty means making decisions 24/7; parsing right from wrong; solving pesky dilemmas using nothing but one’s own mind. Liberty is thus too cognitively taxing for most…people would rather outsource their agency.

3. The Polybius Warning: 2nd century B.C. historian Polybius warned that a falling birthrate precedes civilizational collapse. Fewer births mean men and women have checked out. Sloth grows, spiritual concerns are replaced by material ones, and population falls. Polybius believed the Greek civilization fell due to its “low birth rate…”

4. The Pliny Principle: Rene Descartes pinned bodily existence onto the mind—“I think, therefore I am”—but Ancient Rome’s magistrate, Pliny the Younger, said it was the other way around: “It is wonderful how the mind is stirred and quickened into activity by brisk bodily exercise.” Only physical exertion leads to healthy mental activity…

5. The Uses of Folly. Roman historian Herodotus: “If a man insisted always on being serious, and never allowed himself a bit of fun and relaxation, he would go mad.” Fun is your brain stretching, dancing, moving without the shackles of logic. You need it. Lesson: Combine monumental sincerity with…some trolling.

6. The Vitruvius Rule: Modern architects love asymmetrical structures, but Ancient Roman architect Vitruvius said a building out of proportions is like a deformed body. Nature herself “composed the human body” and the rest of creation using “due proportions.” The Vitruvius Rule: No symmetry? Off to cemetery.

7. The Tyranny of Laws: More laws don’t mean a more just society. Tacitus: “The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.” Make a million laws and you can catch anyone for anything, anytime you want.

8. The Cassius Hypothesis: Historian Cassius wrote that while monarchy needed only one man to make the right decision, democracy needed millions. Which one is more likely to succeed? No wonder, Cassius wrote, that “successes have always been greater and more frequent under kings than under popular rule…”

9. The Livy Effect: Historian Livy lived through the Roman Civil War and discovered the butterfly effect 2000 years before the chaos theorists: “Events of great consequence often spring from trifling circumstances.” Politics, economics, human decisions, ideas…they form one giant mesh of life, and tiny acts can snowball.

10. The Juvenal Principle: “Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt.” Roman poet Juvenal believed a “long peace” was as evil as a war. The modern world needs to heed Juvenal’s warning against luxury. To let “bread and circuses” sedate us into inaction is to betray our very soul…

1 Like

“A foolish man may be known by six things: Anger without cause, speech without profit, change without progress, inquiry without object, putting trust in a stranger, and mistaking foes for friends.” - Arab proverb

1 Like

Hmmm, there always seem to be causes for me.

Isn’t it what we do here?

Don’t you say in America; Don’t fix it, if it ain’t broke?

“Object” here means purpose, I presume.

I seem to do these things a lot.
I’m very foolish.

Anger is a valid emotion, but without cause seems pointless

Not really! Who is profiting from your speech?

Yes indeed

We have managed at some point or another to accomplish that.

1 Like

That’s what I meant. Nobody, money-wise.

I like exchanges of different opinions, and I often learn something from it.

1 Like

Some of my pics from Venice. Currently just arrived in Vietnam and will have some more at a later time.

3 Likes

SOURCE of modern man’s weakness, stupidity, and general lack of vitality?

His leisure activities

Aldous Huxley predicted the degeneracy of modern amusements in a 103 year old essay: Pleasures (1920)

Huxley on why and how to radically rewire the way you spend your free time

1/ Aldous Huxley writes that pleasures must not be an escape from effort

In fact, they must be unavailable without effort

Why? Because when preceded by effort, pleasure reinvigorates

But when preceded by nothing, pleasure retards your brain’s reward

2/ Regression of “entertainment”

At royal weddings, theological debates were arranged as entertainment

Logicians debated God at Prince Palatine’s engagement

Huxley: “There was a time when people indulged themselves with distractions requiring a certain intellectual effort”

3/ Huxley notes that in Elizabethan times, regular people “could be relied upon” to break into complex musical acts like madrigals or motets

People had to “exert their minds to an uncommon degree” to entertain themselves

This kept their minds SUPPLE

Normies today could never…

4/ Aldous Huxley hated mass manufactured distractions

On movies:

“Countless audiences passively soak in the tepid bath of nonsense. No mental effort is demanded of them, no participation; they need only sit and keep their eyes open.”

But mental effort is NECESSARY

5/ Huxley writes that in the past, entertainment was a consequence of ACTIVE collaboration between friends, family, and neighbors

Today, these very people sit in darkness in movie theatres

And silently watch something that STRANGERS made halfway across the world…

6/ In The World Until Yesterday, Jared Diamond writes about African kids who make model airplanes from sticks and stones by looking at a newspaper picture

Kids in rich societies buy airplane sets from the mall

Kids’ entertainment becomes passive in advanced societies…

7/ Huxley on how tech makes us LESS creative: “Before machinery men who wanted to amuse themselves were compelled, in their humble way, to be artists. Now they sit still and permit professionals to entertain them with machinery”

“Artistic culture” dies in such an environment…

8/ In Huxley’s Brave New World, the “savage” says the following to the technocrat who wants humanity happy and comfortable:

“But I don’t want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness, I want sin.”

These are conditions for GROWTH

9/ Notice the “fort” in comfort

The Latin root of comfort means to fortify - to make stronger

The original sense of comfort was rest that READIES you for war. NOT lounging without aim. Aldous Huxley writes that we must return to the original meaning of the word…

2 Likes

I’m not saying this is what happened.
Never accept the mainstream narrative, never accept church (or whatever religious institution) dogmas, and never believe politicians and scholars.

1 Like

This is more or less a speculative hypothesis without any concrete evidence to support it. Yeah sure its nice to entertain such thoughts but this won’t move the needle for me in changing my perspective on Jesus.

2 Likes

One man’s NDE is not the same as others’ experiences. But the reply he claims he received from Jesus makes perfect sense.

Nietzsche explains why religious wars signify “progress”

A mindblowing argument

Christians will never make peace with Joos and Muslims, because to do so will be a betrayal to the New Testament.

Muslims will never make peace with Joos and Christians, because to do so will be a betrayal to the Quran.

Joos will never make peace with Christians and Muslims, because to do so will be a betrayal to the Torah and Talmud.

In other words, “monotheism” is a psy-op from the get-go.

Not sure this is worth the argument for this is a very broad generalization.

In Japanese shintoism, you need to offer three items (on a daily basis, if possible) to the deities. Salt, rice and sake.

When food and beverages are offered, the Japanese usually consume them afterwards because the Japanese are stingy. LOL

In close examination, so-called “monotheism” is not really monotheistic.

Christians may pray to the angels and Mary, for example.

The Jooish Talmud has many strange gods.

Christians are not suppose to pray to angels and Mary, they are suppose to pray to God and “God” only.

2 Likes

The Japanese may pray to many gods — usually there are popular ones depending on the request — but it all boils down to Sun Deity because she is the boss.