The Destruction of Gender Roles

I think people mistakenly associate “Alpha” with being a tyrant.

“He is an Alpha Male”. “She is an Alpha female” Both can have negative connotations.

What some people fail to realize is that an Alpha has shown themselves through leadership to be someone they can trust and rely on not someone they fear.

1 Like

42 Bingos and an ellipsis to complete the 20 character requirement.

1 Like

If you never watched “In Living Color” this won’t make sense to you.

That show cracked me up so I had to raise your bingos and ellipsis to “two snaps up” :rofl:

That’s because it is.

Love that show,

1 Like

I watched a re-run the other day. Chris Rock with

“Goood laawwd that a lot of money!” It cracked me up so much when I checked out at the grocery store the other day I did that impersonation. The cashier got it and we were laughing so hard we couldn’t talk. The bag boy was scared.

Yes. Morality, aesthetics, politics, and value are all objective. The disputes peopke have on these matters points to this. I don’t think our “involvement” creates them (though this may need rephrasing to comport with metaphysical suppositions).

You know that William Penn quotation about right and wrong you like to use? I don’t understand how you can use it when you think matters of moral right and wrong are not objective. It reminds me of Marxists who talk as if they are uninterested in morality when their grievances drip with moral language.

That is absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing objective about it.

Could that be because you think of the collective first and last. You should meditate on that quote like a koan.

By what reasoning can you demonstrate this?

And just wait until you hear my metaphysical views!

Unequivocally, no. I don’t think of the collective. It’s precisely because I don’t believe that morality is tied to anyone’s whims that I can affirm Penn’s statement.

A new word for me.

By the fact that your morals are not mine.

What do you think Penn was saying?

You’re using your conclusion as an argument. Some people think the Earth is flat. Others think it’s round. Is it subjective?

That consensus on morality doesn’t necessarily reflect moral reality.

Regulations have brought us a better life with air and water regulations however like everything in government it is over done at some point.
Regulating ditch water may seem great to you but its a giant waste of money and manpower.
In 2005, Michael and Chantell Sackett were working toward what many American families work toward, their own home on their own land, until the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) halted their plans by declaring it a “wetland.”

On Monday, Jan. 9, the Sacketts and their attorneys will ask the justices of the U.S. Supreme Court to not only restore the right to use their own land – but to break the absolute power the EPA has over protected wetlands.

The Sacketts, small business owners in Idaho, located a lot in the northern part of the state in a town called Priest Lake. According to court documents, the lot is less than an acre and is just 500 feet from Priest Lake on its west side. It is separated from the lake by a house and a road and has no standing water or any hydrologic connection to Lake Priest or any other body of water.
Explain how this is not an over reach of regulations.

As to welfare it provides the means for 38% of the workforce to sit home and v=be vegetables.

The safety net is needed for those who cannot provide for themselves or work for a living however it also is abused as is every program managed from DC.

Regulations
KEY FINDINGS

Economic growth in the United States has, on average, been slowed by 0.8 percent per year since 1980 owing to the cumulative effects of regulation:

If regulation had been held constant at levels observed in 1980, the US economy would have been about 25 percent larger than it actually was as of 2012.
This means that in 2012, the economy was $4 trillion smaller than it would have been in the absence of regulatory growth since 1980.
This amounts to a loss of approximately $13,000 per capita, a significant amount of money for most American workers.

LOL, 60% of the American people take from the Federal Government from student loans, medicare, ACA subsidies, medicaid, welfare, SS, got it totally non existent as over half of federal Government spending is on 2 entitlement programs.

Incoherent is when people cannot see the forest for the trees.

I’m not sure what you mean. Slavery was abolished in this country. Or was it?

People make choices. Some chose to lead a productive life others chose to not participate in society. Government is most accommodating.

If it’s not, why do some think it’s flat.

His moral reality. Not theirs. He’s speaking for himself and rationalizing his own behavior.

A self licking ice cream cone. The machine created the need for the machine to protect the machine.

Can one not lead a productive life without participating in society? Of course the question becomes, “Productive to whom?”

1 Like

Hence why I oppose property taxation.