The Case for Raising US Tariffs on China After March 1st!

Why would they? It’s not like these tariffs were even a thing until the election was already over, for more than a year. The only reason they’re an “issue” now is because another one is coming up next year. Guess what won’t be on the ballot next year either?

1 Like

Voters won’t matter when they no longer have a country to live in! There were plenty of warnings for people to plan their affairs accordingly well in advance, if you snooze you lose, it’s as plain as that! The future of the country is at stake in which will determine our path forward, so I am sure careful consideration is being methodically thought out as they hammer out the details of any future trade agreement between these two countries!

Most people can’t plan beyond their next pizza. Look at them! You have been encouraging Idiocracy (prolific breeding of the low IQs) and gluttony for decades, what do you expect? Yet they get to vote for who gives them the most free or cheap stuff. And before you jump down my throat again for being anti American, I am talking about the UK too.

Don’t really care Jen! You come here and stray from the topic altogether in which is about trade, not what the lifestyles of the common people are. This is about whether I have a country in the future, and for my invested interest in the country I love when it comes to fair and free trade in the world that will insure our future prosperity as Americans and excuse me for speaking up if I am not wanting to give it away to a country that seeks to destroy my right as an American! Of course you wouldn’t understand this perspective as you yourself are a prisoner of your own perceptions.

We are talking about voters planning for changes. How is that straying from the topic? It’s ok for others to talk freely but you have such a massive problem with me. I am free to come and go as I please here; I have free speech just like you do. You can’t ban me though no doubt you would like to. Your anger and bitterness towards me is like a cancer. It’s not doing your health any good.

For what it’s worth I do fully understand the dilemmas. Just pointing out the hurdles, because I’m a realist. It’s not what I am saying you have a problem with, it’s me. I can’t keep up with you, you’re just schizo.

1 Like

He is not implementing taffiffs to make your retirement better.

1 Like

Tell that to all the farmers losing their family farms and their livelihood.

1 Like

Part of being a business owner is taking risks. It is not the role of the Federal government to bail out every business owner who makes a bad decision because they don’t have a crystal ball. That includes your farmers who chose to grow soybeans instead of other crops which are not affected by the recent tariffs.

1 Like

Life is about bad choices and good ones! I suppose you don’t want to acknowledge that concept!? Blaming it on our trade policies is not going to solve their problems, focusing on getting out debt will! Stop your bitchen or get out of kitchen !

If I may draw a parallel to us leaving the EU with no deal, our dairy farmers are probably the ones who would suffer. They would lose their EU subsidies as well as the EU market. However, we don’t throw them out to the wolves. Our supermarkets have been promoting Buy British for a while and donate extra from each sale to help them. Also there is the £39billion we save and I am sure some of that would be allocated to help the dairy farmers.

Today there is no such thing as fair trade.

What a curious statement as every topic in the bullpen strays from the original post, the question is just how long does it take before the topic is derailed.

2 Likes

You are right! Which is why these negotiations are taking place in order to address this issue in order to correct it. So what is your point? Are you saying it can never be?

I didn’t create this thread to talk about people’s lifestyles, and I don’t really know what is so hard in understanding that point! These trade negotiations are a historical moment in our countries history and we as a country may never have this opportunity again to try to correct the egregious imbalance in our trade issues with other countries, hence the fact we seek bi-lateral deals with every country we trade with currently.

President Trump has already suggested that there be no tariffs on any country’s imports…let the free market determine who buys what from whom. I agree with that.

Henry Rifles, Russell Moccasins, Jack Daniels Tennessee Sour Mash Sippin’ Whiskey…all made in the USA.

…along with many others.

https://americansworking.com/

1 Like

That is the first question. The second is…who will take the bait. Let he among us who hath not sinned cast the first stone. :innocent:

2 Likes

Thank you for this Asaratis! And thank you for your advocacy as well, as in every little bit helps and we need to continue in this aspect to help in supporting our own base!

Not a problem. One has to be careful in following searches for a specific product made in the USA. The results will include imported goods.

Example:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=moccasins+made+in+USA&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=moccasins+made+in+usa&sc=8-21&sk=&cvid=701DE70F93CA45E1992009B9D4B5F15E

Click on Minnetonka Men’s Moccasins…

https://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/men/styles/moccasins?msclkid=aa365bbe2903137609f307cdbc4917be&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Nonbrand%20-%20Terms%20-%20Mocs&utm_term=moccasin&utm_content=Moccasins

Click on the double deerskin softsole pair
https://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/men/styles/moccasins/double-deerskin-softsole-men

Note where it says Imported

He means me. It would be ok for you or anyone else to stray from the original post, but not me. Currently he is consumed with hatred for me. :wink: