State by State Cost of Illegal Immigration in the US

That is a very good question. My answer is simple. They spend more than they take in. Just because they are the 5th largest economy in the world means only in production, but the actual gross revenue that the state takes in is being over spent on entitlements.

Thirteen of the top 15 leech states are blue states with California being number one. In fact California consumes 34.02% of all entitlement spending while being just over one tenth of the population. They consume almost three times as much as they pay in. Texas on the other hand consumes just 2.54% while being over 8% of the population.

The State is going bankrupt because they simply can not balance their budget to have a surplus and and have been growing their deficit each year. Another factor is pension funds and healthcare. Its out of control!

1 Like

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense now. It also tells me that they are completely irresponsible with their money and probably don’t even deserve to have the fifth largest economy in the world. Why haven’t businesses left California in droves? There are plenty of other states that would love to have those businesses and probably would be a lot friendlier to them. It just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Businesses are leaving, it just hasn’t caught up with the state to the point that they declare bankrupt yet. Latest report is that 5 businesses close per day all across the state. That is of course small businesses as they are moving to places like Texas, Tennessee, and Florida where they don’t pay any state taxes and those states incentivize for businesses to move there. New York is also on that list of states that will soon will be facing the same problem and they are in the top ten as paying the highest in taxes.

1 Like

NY is an interesting case because it is a big state that is getting pulled down the drain because of the carlessness of NYC. It’s like the residents of the state get stuck footing the bill for NYC. My family is originally from Utica and rants constantly about NY state. They hate NYC and Albany. They love the rest of the state and having been there countless times it’s actually fairly country and rural.

Yes I know New York all too well. I went to school both in Buffalo and NYU and New York city siphons most federal funding from the rest of the state. Its really a sham! Remember Sheldon Silverman? The New York Assembly always meets behinds closed doors and no wonder he for many years was the majority speaker who was indicted. I am actually surprised Cuomo lasted as long as he did, because prosecutors were also closing in on him, but he is a democrat, so WTF do I expect? NY politics is as bad as Chicago, corrupt to the core!

1 Like

What sucks is, there are so many great little towns all over the place in New York state. It’s a super comfy place to visit if you aren’t in a major city. I don’t even know if it’s legal or not, but my father still goes hunting there with his brothers each year. It’s something the three of them have done since they were kids. They always bag a deer and my dad is always bummed when he gets back here to North Carolina. I guess it’s home and it’s got a lot more of an Appalachia vibe than NC does in a lot of parts. Anyway - he has said that in a lot of the old and mostly abandoned industrial areas of NY State, illegals are flooding in. Sad stuff.

I love New York, and I know exactly what you are talking about. My mother in later years moved to Saratoga to raise horses, and the little towns in between are awesome to drive through and the people are so friendly. When I came back from Iraq in 2009, I took a drive after visiting friends in Angola, Lake Erie, and went to Cooperstown to visit another friend, then visited Oneonta where the Soccer hall of Fame is located. Truly breath taking country there with the rolling green mountains and silver glistening lakes reflecting the afternoon suns rays are images I still remember. Summers are magical there! Coincidentally you said you are from Utica, I still have a good friend who I went to college with that is the Asst DA there. Funny Small world.

How the hell are the illegals getting work there? Upstate is a tough place to make a living so I imagine it has to be more in agriculture?

1 Like

The high speed rail to no where says it all.

seems suspect… care to provide some evidence?

What was it like 70 billion dollars, and its still not completed? Its sad when China can replace a bridge in 48 hours but this project goes on forever. No wonder why they laugh at us!

Nope not for you! I don’t want to waste my time!

For you? What else is new? Not surprised! Nice of you to chicken out of the debate! Coward!

Not to diminish the atrocity of murder, but the illegals also do a lot of damage in injuring people in criminal acts and vehicle accidents.

They came here ILLEGALLY! That should be reason enough to have them deported. If they commit additional crimes, they should be jailed until they are deported.

1 Like

I totally agree, as a lot of them purchase used cars and then drive around uninsured. This is also a major problem for accident victims.

LOL, we have 15 miles of freeway they are adding 1 lane in each direction and we are 4 years and still going.

A new section 15 miles additional lan in each direction estimated completion date, 2022.

Both were paid for with tax payer dollars and the state government has turned them into toll lanes. They will collect tolls for a year or so to establish a revenue record and sell them to foreign countries as they have don in the past.

And then the state wonders why taxpayers refuse to allow taxes to be raised for road construction.

Look at this! The Chinese did this in 43 hours. How long would it take us to do something like this?

I was a victim of an illegal driver.

Driving on th freeway 70MPH. 4-5 car length spacing between me and th car in front. Th guy came up next to me and cut me off, I hot the brakes and started slowing. He slammed on the brakes and I clipped the corners as I went into the center median. He hit the car in front of him as he fled the scene of the accident.

I got the ticket and a 30% increase in insurance.

They found the car 2 days later abandoned. It was registered to a hispanic, no insurance, address was not his and the people at the address, hispanic, non English speakers said they didn’t know him.

Yes they cause accidents.

1 Like

So just making shit up again I see…

You wonder why no one wants to debate you. You can’t provide evidence to wild claims you make.

California is doing well… red state leechers should shut up and take our money.

Yeah yeah yeah! Projecting much right? Keep living in your fantasy world!

You are gutless like your words!

Do your police not have a central database of whether a car is insured, taxed, roadworthy (called an MOT here - every car over 3 years old requires one, renewed annually). The cameras on gantries etc. scan number plates and if one is flagged up, the police go and pick them up. Also, do your car insurances not cover for uninsured drivers, so you would not be penalised in any way if you are hit by one?

SIlly Liberals are too high on their medicinal marijuana to know the actual facts!

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/total_spending

Here is more proof!

https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-total-state-local-debt-totals-1-3-trillion/

Fortunately the USGS keeps track!