State by State Cost of Illegal Immigration in the US

The failed War on Poverty cost 22 trillion dollars.

2 Likes

I wonder if Americans stopped paying their taxes, at least the ones who have the power to withhold what would happen? Maybe I am dreaming here, just trying to think of ways to fight back!

1 Like

LOL, the IRS would jail you however if you were illegal you get a pass.

How would they be able to jail 20 million people? Lol! Anyway, if a revolt broke out, then collecting or paying taxes will be the least of their worries!

1 Like

Here ya go: Keep it simple: [

Flight of the Phoenix (3/5) Movie CLIP - That Settles That (2004) HD …

](Flight of the Phoenix (3/5) Movie CLIP - That Settles That (2004) HD - YouTube)

1 Like

It gets worse too! I posted this as a separate thread, but at this point might as well combine the two!

1 Like

Some days the revolt seems to be getting closer.

Yep! Sometimes I think tthat is what the left really wants. To send the entire country out of control. They exacerbate it by being as outrageous as they can hoping that something will triggered it!

When to spins out of control, we will have more than 1 country.

Relax, that was a typo on my phone. Voice to text isn’t 100% accurate yet.

Whether they are the fifth largest economy in the United States or the sixth largest economy in the United States doesn’t really help explain how they are bankrupt with such a powerful economy.

…there are two kinds of truth in this world. The truth that is the unalterable bedrock of one’s life and mission. And the other, malleable truth of politicians, charlatans, corrupt lawyers, and their clients, bent and molded to serve whatever purpose was at hand."
Michael Connelly, Two Kinds of Truth

Fifth largest in the world!

Don’t like being called a lefty, them are fighten words! LOL!

Okay 5th largest in the world. How are they bankrupt then? I’m legit asking because I don’t know. On a few other threads you claim to be a finance expert. I thought you might know.

Israel can have a superwall with sniper towers funded by US. Why can’t we? I might have an idea…

That is a very good question. My answer is simple. They spend more than they take in. Just because they are the 5th largest economy in the world means only in production, but the actual gross revenue that the state takes in is being over spent on entitlements.

Thirteen of the top 15 leech states are blue states with California being number one. In fact California consumes 34.02% of all entitlement spending while being just over one tenth of the population. They consume almost three times as much as they pay in. Texas on the other hand consumes just 2.54% while being over 8% of the population.

The State is going bankrupt because they simply can not balance their budget to have a surplus and and have been growing their deficit each year. Another factor is pension funds and healthcare. Its out of control!

1 Like

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense now. It also tells me that they are completely irresponsible with their money and probably don’t even deserve to have the fifth largest economy in the world. Why haven’t businesses left California in droves? There are plenty of other states that would love to have those businesses and probably would be a lot friendlier to them. It just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Businesses are leaving, it just hasn’t caught up with the state to the point that they declare bankrupt yet. Latest report is that 5 businesses close per day all across the state. That is of course small businesses as they are moving to places like Texas, Tennessee, and Florida where they don’t pay any state taxes and those states incentivize for businesses to move there. New York is also on that list of states that will soon will be facing the same problem and they are in the top ten as paying the highest in taxes.

1 Like

NY is an interesting case because it is a big state that is getting pulled down the drain because of the carlessness of NYC. It’s like the residents of the state get stuck footing the bill for NYC. My family is originally from Utica and rants constantly about NY state. They hate NYC and Albany. They love the rest of the state and having been there countless times it’s actually fairly country and rural.

Yes I know New York all too well. I went to school both in Buffalo and NYU and New York city siphons most federal funding from the rest of the state. Its really a sham! Remember Sheldon Silverman? The New York Assembly always meets behinds closed doors and no wonder he for many years was the majority speaker who was indicted. I am actually surprised Cuomo lasted as long as he did, because prosecutors were also closing in on him, but he is a democrat, so WTF do I expect? NY politics is as bad as Chicago, corrupt to the core!

1 Like

What sucks is, there are so many great little towns all over the place in New York state. It’s a super comfy place to visit if you aren’t in a major city. I don’t even know if it’s legal or not, but my father still goes hunting there with his brothers each year. It’s something the three of them have done since they were kids. They always bag a deer and my dad is always bummed when he gets back here to North Carolina. I guess it’s home and it’s got a lot more of an Appalachia vibe than NC does in a lot of parts. Anyway - he has said that in a lot of the old and mostly abandoned industrial areas of NY State, illegals are flooding in. Sad stuff.