Special Counsel Robert Mueller Delivers Remarks at the Department of Justice

“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that,” Mueller said. “We did not determine whether the president did commit a crime.”

Mueller explained longstanding Justice Department policy, which states that a sitting president cannot be charged with a crime.

“Charging the president with a crime was not an option we could consider,” Mueller explained, adding that “it would be unfair to accuse someone of a crime when there could be no court resolution of the charge.”

“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse the president of wrongdoing,” Mueller said Wednesday, echoing his report which states that Congress “may apply obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.”

They are laying low hoping it all gos away.

But the dems won’t let it go away.

No, they won’t until the 2020 Re-election. Then Pelosi will call for Impeachment nonetheless - well after he wins.
She is waiting on the election because, she has an epiphany.

At 4:36 in the C-SPAN video, he says that.

However, this is not astounding. Since it is essentially impossible prove a negative, finding no evidence (having no confidence) that a crime did not happen is rather meaningless.

That’s like saying, “I know of nothing bad that John has done in his lifetime, but he could have once drowned a kitten. If I knew he had never drowned a kitten, I would have said so.”

Mueller is doing nothing more than fueling the fire that the Democrat Party is using to keep the issue open…forever.

1 Like

It’s pretty amazing his partisan speech.

The Russians hacking US servers innocent until proven guilty yet trump is guilty and not exonerated until proven innocent t which Mueller claims he did not prove.

“It would be unfair to potentially accuse somebody of a crime when there can be no court resolution of the actual charge,” Mueller said.
The report itself proves that Mueller and his team don’t believe it’s unfair to accuse somebody of something a court cannot resolve.

Exactly…
He didnt exonerate Hillary Clinton either

So basically, Mueller spent 2 years and millions of tax dollars money just to come to the conclusion that we already knew all along. Lol

1 Like

…and he knew there was no collusion for about a year before issuing the report.

Yet there he is on TV.

He says Trump is not innocent as we have not exonerated him. Guilty until proven innocent t.

We couldn’t indict him as he’s a sitting president. Again guilty until proven innocent.

I I’ve how the left subverts the law of the land innocent until proven guilty to Guilty until I say innocent.

Trump is innocent. The Mueller Report was nothing more than a waste of a $35 million of taxpayers hit job.
If Trump is ever guilty of anything - it is the fact, he won the 2016 Election.

People need to watch this video. This SOB just decided to strut out in front of the cameras to drop a bomb to change the narrative from declass to implicating POTUS in obstruction. Saying the reason he didn’t charge Trump was because it was not within his guidelines. He suggested Congress discipline him instead, meaning IMPEACHMENT!

Furthermore, he will not appear before Congress to protect HIMSELF. There are questions he does not want to answer!

It begins at 31:16 mark.

1 Like

That is easy to explain.

Mueller didn’t want to face the Republicans in the hearing, because we all know the reason why. It is because, he was feared that he would be subdue to answer:

“Why did it take you two years and $35 million of the taxpayers’ money to come out with the conclusion that Trump did not 'obstruct justice?”

Another reason is the fact, Mueller thinks he is ‘above the law’.

Anybody know the discovery process for impeachment? Does the President not get to call witnesses for the defense? Would not Mueller be called?

It is quite obvious that he wanted to find a way to fuel the impeachment narrative without answering very basic questions. He may have done that. The House is going to take the partial win and run with Impeachment. The Senate will probably cuck-out – because that is what they do.

The process is started by a two-thirds majority vote of the Parliament to impeach the President, whereupon the Constitutional Court decides whether the President is guilty of the crime of which he is charged. If he is found guilty, he is removed from power.

I doubt Mueller will be called. I do believe they will use the Mueller Report as “evidence”. Or at least, they will mention parts of it. But I don’t see any witnesses for the defense. Unless, they call Comey, Brennan and/or Andrew McCabe. Maybe even possibly Page and Strzok. Even that, they will start throwing each other under the bus.

It is exactly what it was - to throw them (The Democrats) a bone…and see how far they will run with it.

I dont think you have the process down for the US…one thing we dont have a parliament it’s the House of Rep and the Senate is the “Court” for conviction.

Since the House’s role is akin to a Grand Jury I was wondering about the Republicans/Presidents ability to call witnesses and questioning them under Oath.

Yes, it does go through both the Senate and the House. But as we both know, it will be shot down in the Senate. So, basically the House are wasting their time on it anyways.

Mueller’s speech was disgraceful in terms of having the integrity of law and a practitioner of it. It is not a prosecutors job to declare ones innocence or exonerate one yet he made the statement: "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state.” In other words Mueller’s reputation was one he was willing to sacrifice on the alter of the deep state who now has impetus to pursue impeachment proceedings against a President who is aligned against their interests. Now Mueller quietly retreats to the sunset of anonymity for the sake of avoiding any public scrutiny of his dark dealings with unsavory characters who no doubt hatched up this plan to undermine the will of the people with sinister motives, or for that matter to avoid legal jeopardy himself for his past dealings such as Uranium One and the Russian connection that he himself was a willingly accomplice in the parlor games of DC and special interests of the oligarchs.

The Dems should be pissed enough to ride Mueller out of town on rail after a good tar-and-feathering.

He just told them:

1. You Dems are too damn stupid to understand how damning my report was.
  2. I’m tired of being blamed for delivering nothing because you Dems don’t understand the Constitution.
  3. Hey stupid Dems! Here’s how you condemn the President with no evidence… “I could not prove that the President did not do something that he then covered up so that we could not find it.”

This is like watching stupid people juggling (running) chainsaws.

1 Like