South China Sea flares again

1 Like

No GLCMs, that is a surprise.

Thanks, I will try to read that soon.

Sure, there’s no question about that. But the point remains that Biden will be criticized whether he stands up to China or not.

Well, they were long ago banned, but I do believe that most recently the US began development again despite the ban.

China and Russia both began modernization and increased size of their militaries following the illegal US war in Iraq in 2003. Both countries have decried the US led unipolar world as a threat to global peace and both intend to balance that power

Russia, China and Iran have military cooperations and regularly train together and a super conflict between them and the US is well inevitable.

Do they still have ballistic-missile launched CM, as might for instance be deployed from submarines?

There will be few survivors of that. Expect chemicals from Russia and other idiocy from the USA

The reason for building islands i he south china sea is to extend their 200 mile limit.

China has marked its claim by publishing a map showing a “nine-dashed” or “U-shaped” line that extends well into the 200 nautical mile EEZs of its neighbors. For instance, China has claimed and even tried to drill near Vietnam’s southernmost coast, more than 1,000 miles from its own mainland and Hainan Island.

Will it end up the Dystopian world that Orwell predicted in 1984?

Yeah, I can’t disagree with you on that at all

And this is an inevitability brought on by the West. It’s not that Russia or China are some bastions of high ethics and dignified forbearance, but both watched intently to see how the US in particular would handle its sole super power status following the collapse of the USSR. And of course haven’t been impressed, and primarily due to our military adventurism in the ME and NA. Libya was the final straw, and why they have been opposing us at the UN on such matters since, and the reason they intervened and successfully blocked the US/West from conducting regime change in Syria.

China IS going to successfully claim as its own, the SCS not unlike the US successfully claimed, by force and intrigue, the American southwest, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Guam, etc
, as it suited our interests and “perceived needs”
:wink::man_shrugging:

Developing even further and excellent analysis.

https://youtu.be/_m5ipSNsTXg

1 Like

More proof that China is seizing land that is not theirs.

I have been receiving news articles about this from my Indian friend.

And what are you learning
?

“Sticks and stones” skirmishes :thinking::thinking::thinking:

People are dying. The current Indian leader has zero backbone to defend their sovereignty.

Wait, if it’s not reported in our mainstream media it’s fake news according to the left in the US.

They report nothing of lawsuits against Bidens E’O’s so thy are non events just like the article above. You can expect nothing from the American press.

Neither Indian nor Chinese soldiers appear to be trained in and equipped for the subzero temperatures of the Himalayas.

It’s always the soldiers who do the bleeding and dying for the follies of stupid leaders.

1 Like

India and China are both belligerents, and they are clashing over disputed territory. What makes you think India’s the righteous one?

In 1979, the United States established formal diplomatic relations with Beijing by concluding a joint communiquĂ© [PDF] stating that “the United States of America acknowledges the Chinese position that there is but one China and Taiwan is part of China.” At that time, U.S. President Jimmy Carter terminated diplomatic relations with the ROC government in Taiwan.

Months later congress passed the Taiwan Relations Act (TRA), affirming important unofficial ties with the island. The legislation allows for arms sales to Taiwan for self-defense and does not rule out the possibility of the United States defending Taiwan from Chinese attack—a policy known as strategic ambiguity.

The US does not have an absolute responsibility to go to war with China on Taiwan’s behalf, and though nobody bothers to read the Pentagon’s annual report to congress on China’s military, it is a growing competitor and has a larger navy than the US.

It has been popping up in the last week or so. I will see if there is more on this in the next few days, but is kind of a bit of coincidence that this latest development started back up on January 20th.