Sooner or Later Pelosi is going to have to Understand that She isn't Equal to Trump in Power

Hm, so much for co-equal :grin:.

Sheā€™s a cut-throat ballbuster who has gone from being pretty well disliked by the hard left to celebrated by them almost overnight.

Canā€™t count the amount of times Republicans have been warned that sheā€™s actually very good at what she does but :man_shrugging:.

He took away her jet. If I were him, Iā€™d ban her from setting foot in the White House in response.

1 Like

I have always wished Republicans had a speaker with her commitment to her cause.

I donā€™t think commitment is really the problem there, Zan.

She knows how to control her party and get them to come to the table and agree on a plan of action of sorts. And how to manage them if they arenā€™t going to play ball.

But in order to agree on a plan of action you have to have an agreed upon shared goal. I donā€™t think the modern Republican party has that (the exception being tax cuts for the upper brackets), all that was holding it together legislatively was the pork spending and Boehner killed that.

Thatā€™s bad enough, but when you have groups like the Freedom Caucus who act like a party unto themselves, not much can really be achieved unless the Reps win an overwhelming majority which just isnā€™t very likely with current US demographics.

The other option is maybe the Reps get a leader who is willing to treat the Freedom caucus in the same way Nancy would treat such a faction in her caucus, with an Iron fist. McCarthy isnā€™t that person, he doesnā€™t strike me as very impressive at all tbh.

Riiiight. Sheā€™s always been hard left as long as Iā€™ve seen her around. Why are we pretending otherwise now? Because other hard left members of Congress made her speaker? :roll_eyes:

Hard left relative to what? To AOC?

Sheā€™s been disliked for some time on the left, they wanted new blood and new leadership. Now sheā€™s winning them over.

As I said, underestimate her at your own peril. Smartest thing the Dems did was not ousting her too soon.

imo Republican Reps made the mistake of falling for their own bullshit, they insisted she was so unpopular that she was poison for the Democratic party at the polls. She wasnā€™t. They thought she would fall to rebellion within the Democratic party. She didnā€™t. That she couldnā€™t control her own party. She can.

Again, not someone to underestimate whether you like her or not.

Disliked my ass. She was one of the key players in the whole Kavanaugh bs. You guys were far easier to swallow when you were talking about the ā€œnew normal.ā€ Just how dumb do you people think we are?

Donā€™t have to believe me if ya donā€™t want to.

Your party swung hard left some time ago. The same reason Hillary was soundly rejected in 2016 and we ended up with Trump in office now. Revisionist history only works on those who havenā€™t been paying attention.

The same reason theyā€™ll more than likely end up losing in 2020 as well. Instead of learning from their mistakes, they just keep doubling down. The American public aside, thereā€™s a reason the electoral college swung the way they did. The Founders werenā€™t dumb.

3 Likes

Speaking of which take a wild guess who just wrote a bill to do away with the electoral college? Now why would they want that, do you suppose? Canā€™t quite put my finger on itā€¦

3 Likes

I would prefer to watch her implode a la Greg Stillson in the 1983 film Dead Zone.

1 Like

We are talking about votes from American citizens.

1 Like

No, even non citizens get to vote for Democrat candidates, as do the the dead

2 Likes

What makes you sad is when you realize that should anything happen to Trump and Pence she would be the president of the USA.

:nauseated_face::cold_sweat:

1 Like

:rofl:

So subtle I almost missed itā€¦

2 Likes

What a train wreck that would be :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take it one step further. Were Pelosi to gain the WH in that fashion, Iā€™m betting she would immediately name Hillary as her VP. She would then resign and Hillary would become President.

Once again everything would be right with the world. :rofl:

2 Likes

Pretty scary thought.

Lol, no way, Pelosi wouldnā€™t abdicate her throne.