Some Marines are getting thousands of new M27 rifles

You can get a real one today…if they’re still in business. The site is from 2010.

http://www.mechanicalmulesofamerica.com/

[

Using Mules in Burma: Topic, pictures and information - Fold3.com

](https://www.fold3.com/page/642791606-using-mules-in-burma) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A mule is infinitely more intelligent than a horse. A horse will run till it drops; a mule will just stop.

I had an old cowboy buddy that rode mules exclusively for about sixty years. His famous quote was, “You’ll never work a mule to death and they’ll never get you killed doing something stupid because they aren’t going to hurt themselves”.

It’s kinda ridiculous what they are charging today. When I was looking at them in 96 you could still pick a good one up for about 2500-3000.00.

My buddy who served with me had asthma, dude was so fucking slow and still smoked like a chimney. Turns out the corps will take anyone if you lie at meps.

In my area of the PA Coal Regions, in the late 1800s - early 1900s, mules were used in the mines. It was sinful. Stables were actually in the mines, and often these animals never saw the light of day. Many went blind.

Kinda sad. Donkeys and several smaller breeds of horses were used heavily in central and S. American mines as well as Mexico. The Peruvian Paso and Paso Fino were originally bred to work in mines.

That’s how we ended up with hundreds of thousands of wild donkeys in the US by the 1940’s and why they were eventually almost hunted to extinction as a pest destroying millions of acres of grasslands people were trying to raise cattle, sheep, and goats on.

In fairness, we’re also “supposed” to have wild camels, elephants, lions, tigers, and giant beavers. I’m glad we don’t. Thank God for the extinction event 13,000 years ago. lol

Well you’re mostly correct. Our camelids didn’t truly go go extinct though, they migrated out of North America. The Dromedaries went to Asia and Africa and the Vicugna went to South America during the Ice Ages.

Most people never consider the fact that N. America couldn’t have been settled for another couple of centuries at least if our mega fauna had remained.

We couldn’t have settled the west without wiping out most of the bison and they were small compared to the mega species.

I’m 100% correct, because I said they all used to be here before the extinction event, and made no claims as to the finer details of why they aren’t here. :wink:

You’re riding an awful thin razor there Six. :grinning:

1 Like

I also shave with a chainsaw. :sunglasses:

Liger?.. …

That’s a tiger that got kicked in the face with Ranger boots until it was retarded.

That video cracks me the hell up, never seen it before.

There’s also more truth than bullshit in it.

1 Like

For those that think I’ve lost my mind, the “Liger” is a real thing and it is the king of all cats.

Over a hundred pounds heavier than the biggest Lion!

1 Like

I don’t shave. I drive the stubble in with a hammer and bite it off from the inside. :hammer:

2 Likes