Should weed be legalized?

Not necessarily cause and effect, people with those issues are prone to self-medicating.

I’m long past my weed days; but I look back with no regrets. I will say this; even if marijuana were not psychotropic, it is still an incredibly beautiful plant.

I’d like to hear more about this “cannabis psychosis”. It sounds like fun. I smoke more than Cheech and Chong and never get anything but relaxed.

99% of everyone’s first “drug” experience, or experience getting “high”, comes from sugar and/or caffeine when we were children. If gateway drugs are real, soda would be it.

1 Like

Well, there’s that line of BS that pops up every time. lol

except there is a difference from getting high from THC vs a sugar high, you cant compare the two

We have seen kids from a sugar high and anyone who is a parent knows this, but getting high from THC affects people differently , some are relaxed, some are hyper and wingy and some I assume helps with their pain.

Ive never used or smoked it and never will so I cannot speak from experience, but I know others who have.

They don’t have schizophrenia ?

I was introduced to marijuana in Panama. Pearl Island Panama Red. The sidewalks moved. A cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper, packed full, was $1.00. I managed to get a dozen tubes on board ship. Sealed in plastic & stashed in the engine room. We get back to the states, I suffer an injury, and am shipped ( for the rest of my enlistment - 2 months ) to the Portsmouth Naval Hospital. Never got back to the ship. The ship is now decommissioned, and I believe she was sold for scrap. I hope someone found my stash.

We, too, ban cellphone use in cars–but not cellphones per se. (I have one, and my wife has one also.)

True, marijuana and sugar aren’t the same things, millions die from using too much sugar, marijuana, not many at all.

/footsteps/
Dad :“Trevor? Trevor, you in there?”
Trevor: “Uh… yeah Dad… just a minute”
Dad: “Why is the door locked?”
Trevor: “Hey… what’s up? Come on in.”
Dad: “Why was the door locked?”
Trevor: “Oh…I dunno. I uh… shut the door with books in my hand and maybe hit the lock button by accident”
Dad: “It’s freezing in here. It’s like 30 degrees out and you have your window open?”
Trevor: “Yeah… it’s healthy. We learned that in Health class. In fact, it’s been proven that in Lapland, where they sleep outside that”
Dad:“Never mind Lapland. What’s that smell?”
Trevor: “Oh… uh… yeah …that’s incense.”
Dad: “Why in god’s name would you have incense that smells like skunk?”
Trevor: "Yeah… well that’s the thing. It’s been proven that pleasant smells make you less inclined to perform well intellectually. So - you know how you and mom are always on me to get better grades. I’m just trying to stimulate my brain. We learned about that in Science class. It’s new research. Cold air and stink. It’s the new research, Dad. "
Dad: “uh huh. You’re grounded.”

1 Like

Me, Consumer Cellular. $25. a month unlimited. I use it to make phone calls.

it’s not a fun thing to happen to someone the birth certificate guy was sectioned the guy that locked himself in his room guy has a job now and seems to be doing better but I have not spoke to either of them in a awhile I think that both of them had underline problems so they probably would have had a breakdown anyway but maybe making weed more accessible will exaggerate problems

I will tell the story of the first time my Dad caught me smoking weed I was supposed to do the washing up but went out instead with my friends and got home at around 10.00pm on a week day and realised I had forgot to do the washing up so started doing it but ended up making so much noise that my Dad come to investigate only to find me stoned out of my mind doing the washing up and refusing to make eye contact so he made me look him in the eyes upon realising that I was stoned to the gills he send me to bed and he never mentioned it again :stuck_out_tongue:

thinking about that day still makes me chuckle to myself

My wife has an unlimited plan (through AT&T).

As for myself, I have a 1990s-style flip phone (a $19.95 special); and I purchase 150 minutes each March (160 this year; they did not have a package of 150 available), as that will easily do me for a year. (I am old school; I mostly use my landline phone.)

However, whether or not anyone wants to admit that sugar and caffeine are addictive drugs, that was most likely the first time anyone here has ever been drugged up on something recreational.

I doubt anyone here actually remembers their first sugar high as a kid, either.

If you say you have three friends that smoke pot and three friends that are schizo because they smoked pot, I’m calling out that boldface lie for the idiotic thing that it is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct. People don’t do drugs because nothing is wrong with them, they do drugs because they’re already fucked up. I don’t know when or how that outlook got reversed, but it sure was profitable locking people up for it.

1 Like

I don’t agree with that. Some people do drugs because they want to be fucked up. Besides, I have yet to meet a single person who isn’t fucked up in some way. Everybody has a vice. Everyone.

1 Like

He said as if he believed it. That makes it an assertion even though it is not a fact.

Not really. It costs a lot of time, effort and money to enforce the laws against it. Not to mention that the most damaging thing about using marijuana is being arrested and jailed for it.