Should weed be legalized?

That’s a “reefer madness” myth.

1 Like

Yep. Tolerance by law enforcement officials of people breaking an unpopular law does not give lawmakers any incentive to eliminate the law being ignored. As it is, it is not likely that Congress will take it up until at least 2/3 of the States legalize cultivation and distribution for recreational use in defiance of Federal law. Although, Don Young from Alaska has introduced legislation that would remove the threat of racketeering charges against banks that do business with growers and distributors in States that have legalized those activities. That is a step in the right direction.

it’s not a myth that’s a real thing it’s called cannabis psychosis

I think you would be very disappointed with the results of such an investigation.

If you are a Type-A personality with anger issues who barely has a lid on things, and you consume drugs, you may find yourself losing your barely controlled inhibitions and then unloading on someone. The same thing can and does happen with alcohol which is perfectly legal. It’s not the drugs, it’s you. It was only a matter of time. It also doesn’t mean the government has any place to play babysitter or nanny just because you could be.

I know of a guy that had a mental health breakdown triggered by cannabis he come to the conclusion he was adopted and that everyone know apart for him so he started harassing friends and family for his real birth certificate a different person I know locked himself in his bedroom over a weekend and would only talk to his Mum through the door and would only eat biscuits both of these two problems were triggered by cannabis

but maybe these two were always going to have a breakdowns who knows

That is exactly right.

Did you know that 99% of serious criminals currently held in the nation’s prisons ate French Fries before becoming criminals? :wink:

1 Like

Maybe we should ban them. :wink:

this can be taken two ways disappointed that his assertion was wrong or disappointed that he was right and that the politicians are corrupt

The politicians are absolutely corrupt. They just aren’t playing for the legalization and distribution of marijuana team. They’re already owned by the legal competition. The first push for legalization even in the states where it’s now “technically” legal, were in spite of the politicians, not because of them. Until they realized how much in revenue they could get from taxing it to death. Now they’re all on board.

1 Like

and it is not a coincidence that all rapist and pedaphiles have drank water I have always know deep down that water was pure evil but to find out French fries are in on this I don’t know who to trust anymore I feel suspicious and paranoid maybe I should leave the weed alone for a bit

1 Like

they may not have been pushing to make it legal but that does not mean that when it becomes legal they are not looking for ways to personally benefit from it career politicians are opportunists

That’s not what I was referring to. I was referring to the assertion that using pot leads to use of harder drugs. People who use hard drugs are inclined to use them. Marijuana is just another drug to them. Most likely, if you were to look back far enough, you would find that the first drug they used was sugar, then alcohol and/or tobacco, then perhaps marijuana.

By the way, marijuana psychosis sounds terrible, but it is nothing more than a temporary interference with one’s ability to discern reality. It goes away when the high wears off.

Not when you consider that he said this: “I’m guessing that the politicians who approved these legalization deals all are getting kick backs.” He has already assumed he is right.

assertion

a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief.

I think Tyfoon original statement falls into the category of belief and not fact

(In states where it is legalized there should be investigations done to determine the linkages between those who received grow and distribution licenses and their connections to the political establishment.)

the above statement does not look like Tyroon is stating a fact more like a belief

The only reason to make it legal is for the taxes

Nope, I don’t like the idea of my kids lives being ruined if they get caught smoking a joint either. They don’t as far as I know, but if they were to do so I don’t think a police record is the appropriate punishment.

I have been witness to a lot of human misery in my life. Personally, I view marijuana as more or less benign. Hard drugs & alcohol are the demons. Just because alcohol is socially accepted does not erase the nightmares it causes. There is only one degree of death.

1 Like

I know 3 people I grew up with that smoked a lot of weed… all three are suffering from schizophrenia now …

If I was addicted to meth and was trying
To fight it, weed would make my urges to stop lazy…

We have bigger issues