Should the NFL discriminate against racist players? (NFL Cleveland Browns Player Rips Off Steeler QB's Helmet And Beats Him With It)

Oh I found this guy! Interesting angle!

This link starts with some VERY interesting insights into Bradyā€™s deteriorating onfield performance.

But I am posting this to focus on WR Michael Thomas of the Saints, who has equaled Jerry Riceā€™s numbers in some performance areas.

MICHAEL THOMAS: Can star WR do something only Jerry Rice has done?

The NFL might be a quarterback-driven league, but the most dominant offensive player in the game right now is a wide receiver.

No disrespect to Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes and Christian McCaffrey, among others, but Michael Thomas is an unstoppable force on the field. No one comes close to dominating his respective position like the New Orleans Saintsā€™ WR1.

Thomas leads the NFL in targets (114), receptions (94) and receiving yards (1,141), while also topping the board in receiving first downs (58) and catch percentage among players with at least 70 targets (82.5). The only player in the NFL with 1,000 receiving yards this season is on pace to break Marvin Harrisonā€™s single-season receptions record (143). Currently projected to finish with 150 catches for 1,826 yards, Thomas is on pace to blow past Jerry Riceā€™s numbers in 1993 (98 catches for 1,503 yards), which was the last time a wide receiver won the Offensive Player of the Year award. (In fact, Rice is the only receiver ever to take home this hardware ā€“ he also received the honor in 1987.) Let that last part marinate for a minute. Thomas is putting up the kind of numbers associated with the receiver G.O.A.T despite the fact everyone in the stadium knows the ball is heading in No. 13ā€™s direction. Thomas is the only player in the NFL who has been targeted on 30-plus percent of his teamā€™s targets (33.4, to be exact).

Considering the constant double-coverage and loaded zones that he faces each week, it is remarkable that Thomas and Brees lead the league in highest completion percentage among a quarterback-wide receiver duo with at least 25 targets (86.0). Thomasā€™ connection rate with backup QB Teddy Bridgewater? Thatā€™d be 79.0 percent, which ranks third in the league. This is not only a testament to the clever scheming of Sean Payton, but itā€™s a credit to Thomasā€™ ability to win against a variety of coverage and technique tactics, including press-man. As the NFLā€™s leader in receptions (34) and receiving yards (471) against bump-and-run, Thomas overwhelms defenders with his size, strength, and physicality at the line of scrimmage. He plays bully ball with smallish defenders early in routes and his subtle push-off tactics routinely create separation at the top of routes.

Additionally, Thomas utilizes his strength and power to pick up chunk yards after the reception. He ranks second among wide receivers in yards after the catch with 436, and Thomasā€™ underrated running skills have enabled him to dominate the game without being a true vertical threat.

Considering his ascension to the top of the charts as an elite receiver, it is time for me to admit to underestimating Thomasā€™ potential as a prospect when he was coming out of Ohio State. Despite his 6-foot-3, 212-pound frame and 18 touchdowns in his last two years as a Buckeye, I didnā€™t view Thomas as a No. 1 receiver in the 2016 class. I didnā€™t give him enough credit for his savvy route-running ability and overpowering combat skills. Thomas has become the best wide receiver in the game by building his foundation on technique and fundamentals, instead of relying solely on athleticism or speed. As a result, he has been able to consistently defeat athletic cover corners on an assortment of short and intermediate routes between the numbers and down the seams.

ā€œThomas is their new Marques Colston,ā€ said a former NFL defensive coordinator with extensive experience coaching against the Saints. "Heā€™s a ā€˜jumboā€™ slot receiver with the size and strength to overpower nickel corners between the hashes. He runs good routes and plays with an edge to him. Payton does a great job of creating and exploiting mismatches for him, but Thomas deserves credit for working on his game.

ā€œHeā€™s become a monster on the perimeter.ā€

Although the comparison to Colston will draw some eye rolls from Who Dat Nation, the veteran defensive play-caller was really heaping praise on the Saints for the utilization of their No. 1 receiver as a ā€œbig slot.ā€ By inserting Thomas into the slot, New Orleans is pitting him against linebackers ill-equipped to cover him in space or undersized cornerbacks without the strength to hold up against his physical style. In addition, the insertion of Thomas into the slot gives Brees a big target with a large catch radius over the middle of the field. Given the quarterbackā€™s waning arm strength, the clever placement of the teamā€™s No. 1 playmaker in close proximity to the quarterback puts Thomas in prime position to get consistent touches.

With Thomas turning those touches into first downs and touchdowns, the Saintsā€™ offense continues to roll behind the lead of a wide receiver ā€“ a wide receiver who deserves serious consideration for some serious hardware.

Sorry, but I gave this guy MORE time to reach me than I give a song on the radio to move me.

He is a chore to try to endure.

I am getting angrier the more I listen to him and each minute hoping to be rewarded by SOMETHING from him that will make me want to listen another second.

ARGHHH.

3:00 is all I will give him.

Life is too short.

The scuttlebutt is that two teams are ā€œinterestedā€ in Kaepernick.

I make the odds 75% that he demands too much money and never signs. Then he launches another shakedown lawsuit.

As long as Iā€™m in the prediction business, I predict that Antonio Brown will turn out to have a drug problem. If he returns to the NFL, it wonā€™t be long before he fails a drug test.

1 Like

Discriminating against racist would were it honestly done remove many good black players from rosters.

1 Like

They both can kiss my ass.

But wait!

I just had a VERY disturbing thought!

After reading this, the writer seems like he COULD have been making a veiled case to support the Patriots signing both of those asswipes.

As the GOAT, but an aging one, Tom Brady seems, (if stats are to be believed) to be on his last legs.

And the article points out the Pats also have no standout Wide Receiver.

Then I am forced to ponder how I would feel if Belichick signed the two.

Is winning STILL the ā€œonly thingā€ today as it was when Vince Lombardi coined the phrase, ā€œWinning isnā€™t the most important thing, it is the ONLY thing.ā€?

1 Like

Surprise surprise! He pretty much shot himself in the foot!

1 Like

He should live in Venezuela.

Ha ha! Thatā€™s funny!

Steven A Smith was right! He really never wanted to play football!

1 Like

I have been sitting here trying to find something to say in response.

It is ONLY out of respect for you that I even bother trying.

To give you an indication of how I feel about the son of a bitch, I would wait a few seconds before pissing on him if he was on fire.

1 Like