Shocked Europeans Post Astronomical Energy Bills As 'Terrifying Winter' Approaches

I believe it’s just 25% of every ones bill is going to be invested into green/renewable energy schemes basically rich people with lots of land get paid to put wind turbines on there land pay for by the tax payer. I heard in Italy you cannot have your heating on between 11pm to 5am which will make people sleep in between these hour it’s all about control

Was there a referendum where you actually got to vote for this or was this arbitrarily decided for you?

Hard to blame Italy for wanting to put into place a rationing policy due to shortages in low cost fuel that Russia was supplying but now is being sanctioned. Thanks to the EU policy this is the result. IMO this all comes down to the EU’s control mechanism and their arbitrary policies that the people did not vote for.

2 Likes

No it was just done without any input from the people UK is fucked thinking about leaving

2 Likes

You should see if you can join up forces with Jen again. Maybe make a pack and figure out where to go.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That appears accurate. They just pass laws when they want

2 Likes

This latest bit of news is rather a shocker.

1 Like

Europeans screwed up. There are many reasons why Europe should have been smarter and partnered with the US for energy production, but chief among them is security. With the US as a partner, Europe would have access to a stable and reliable sources of energy, which would help to insulate the continent from geopolitical risks. In addition, partnering with the US would have given Europe a chance to share in the enormous economic benefits that comes from the U.S. being a leading energy producer. As it stands, Europe is at risk of being left behind in the global race for energy dominance.

2 Likes

Can you give us a ground report from your neck of the woods in terms of energy issues?

The EU Presidents are not elected but selected. Maybe that is what they want for the US too?

Our elections are now a running joke. We still have guns though! For how long? Who knows, but I wish Americans would put them to good use instead of killing each other with them.

2 Likes

No news about the energy crisis! Why is my question, but we know the answer. Confusion speaks.

1 Like

Confusion definitely speaks and it is by design to be that way.

1 Like

I saw this development a long time ago. In Nordic Sami any dependency on outside the village means tomorrow’s wars.

1 Like

price are just crazy bought a new boiler hopefully that help it will eventually have paid for itself in savings

Why boiler? Why not one of those newer types of heating systems that doesn’t require a tank? Or am I reading your post incorrectly?

it does not need a tank maybe we have different terminology I moved into my house and the boiler was old and energy inefficient so got a new one it will save money old one broke down twice and the new one has a 10 year warranty

Is it for heating water or for heating the house?

1 Like

Just got my energy bill today it works out at £8.25 per day which is way to high

Yes the boiler does both hot water/heat the house