SCOTUS keeps citizenship question on hold in census case

Excellent article making a case why the census is important!

Of course he did, and he’s being encouraged to ignore the courts and put the question on the census, even via EO if necessary. The very same type of overreach that had the GOP triggered during the Obama administration. It seems none hold their own accountable and so the madness continues.

Not really complicated. Are you a legal US citizen? No grey area I can find. I haven’t seen the actual census form. Maybe there is a: are you a sort of a citizen, question. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The 8 year old grandson just told me; either you are a legal citizen or you’re not a legal citizen. But he’s just a kid.

1 Like

I don’t believe anyone has suggested that it’s difficult or complicated. The controversy is over accuracy. Even those who advocate for the question to be put back on the census (after being off for 60 years) have acknowledged that many non citizens will not participate. The purpose of the census is to obtain an accurate account of who resides in the country.

Alternatives…

Are you a citizen of Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala?

Are you a citizen of another country?

Have you ever shit in a field of vegetables?

Have you ever crossed the southern border without authorization?

The SCOTUS did not rule on these questions.

Illegals won’t be here that long. So we should not count them in our census.

I guess he has been listening to you all along after all.

For some reason, and I may have missed something: I see no one from Belize entering our country illegally. Seems like a fairly stable CA country, like Costa Rica. I do some banking there. Been there a few times.

Costa Rica is a nice country, many Americans retire there. The country escaped much of the dictatorships that plagued other Latin American countries, thanks to USFP in Latin America. Though Reagan opposed democratic reforms and the peace process between Costa Rica and Mexico, it forged forward anyway and Costa Rica’s president received the Nobel Peace Prize for the efforts of ending the Central American crisis.

Moral of the story is that those countries are better served without US interference.

Sounds like a good deal. Better than taxation without representation…:man_shrugging:

Btw, 75% of undocumented workers pay federal, state and local taxes. :wink:

Really? Based on what information? You are free to provide a link that proves this is correct!

Certainly the president according to Jimmy Carter…:wink:

Costa Rica is also the Switzerland of Central America. Many no questions asked financial institutions; so I’d bet many powerful people & organizations help in keeping a hands off policy for the country. I don’t believe they even have any kind of regualr army.

That sounds familiar. I believe that’s right. :+1:

Stop your deception. You dont even know where these people are let alone if they pay income taxes. They pay local, state, and federal excise tax at point of sale … that’s all you know for sure… e.g. taxes on cigarettes, alcohol, and gasoline. Other state and local taxes include sales tax.

But such taxes are not levied on money that the illegals send out of the country.

:wink:

1 Like

What does this have to do with the thread topic?

How so? Non citizens are still counted.