Saturday Morning Cinema: 100 Best Films of All Time (The Film Enthusiasts Thread) 📽

I am too young to know those actors. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes my instincts were not quite right - I envied Rock Hudson and thought, he’s probably got every babe in Hollywood with his looks. Silly me

1 Like

Now that you mention it.

Steve Reeves was Hercules in a bunch of Italian sword and sandals, mentioned in Rocky Horror

Samson and Delilah Cecil B De Mille

He spends much of the movie in. chains.

I think I was 2-3yrs old when I saw this.

Remember the Biblical story. She cuts his hair and he loses his strength. He is blinded. She was a harlot.

He destroys the evil Temple of Dagon

In contrast the Hercules Spaghetti Mythology with Steve Reeve, more a Sat matinee kids film.

Turner Classics Movies has a online subscription if you have no cable access to it. Right now they are showing Sat night Noir (weekly) a debut of a remastering of a lost, 1947 Noir classic. If I had no other channel or media and could chose one thing, it would be TCM.

Kind of reminds me of this one in the same era. Every movie of this time seemed like an epic film.

1 Like

One of my favorite movies all time–way towards the top of my list.

I would have never known that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love Sophia Loren. I wish I could clone and then marry her. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Heston refused to be in The Fall of the Roman Empire, becasue she was the female lead… The lead male role was given to Stephen Boyd. Heston couldn’t stand her–essentially she was a bitch.

I rewatched Samson and Delilah…It was far better then I remembered.

And the music theme I knew so well.

I figured out I was not quite 3 yrs old when my mom took me to see it–Yet I remember being a little kid and the impression it made.

Hedy Lamarr and Victor Mature. It’s a Biblical Masterpiece.

Yeah I think you are right, but I don’t know that side of her. Amazing how her and Melania share a lot of similar features when Loren was in her youth. Both beautiful women. Loren was also an incredible actress in her own right, having watched the Movie “Two Women” was an incredible performance as well as a good film.

Still a great piece of work. Ennio Morricone one of the most iconic and talented movie composers there ever was.

https://youtu.be/oiKtsOCP6Hc

A 1914 Italian Epic period drama “Cabiria”…silent film depicting Rome and Carthage. Moloch Worship and Child Sacrifice.

Has anyone seen this?

https://youtu.be/gOWicOwtHa8

Have not seen this. I have a hard time sitting through silent films but I will give it a try

It’s not easy, but very curious.

Yes it was not easy and couldn’t sit through it in one sitting. I can see why D.W. Griffith found this film influential. However, as I watched all I kept thinking was how film makers at the time had to think of ways to improve on how to tell a story to the point they must of been seriously challenged with the limited technology available that drove some to be inventors themselves. The introduction of sound put Vaudeville out of business.

1 Like

This is pretty cool. Virtual reality within a YouTube Video

1 Like

So the film itself could have a auto setting or manual. Spinning 360 as the director wishes or manually as we wish. I’d rather it was automated.

1 Like

His exit was well… rather withering and hardly resembled the man from his youth.

Loved him in Giant.