SAT exam to give students "adversity score" in bid to level playing field

Yes the insurance game.

Can’t live with the cost and can’t live without it.

My insurance dropped through the floor when I dumped my employees.

1 Like

In Aerospace and the advanced tech parts of DoD, such a cert means little for 95+% of the engineering population. The masters and PhD are meaningful for awhile… to help kickstart your entry into a company but are reduced in importance as experience increases with those who don’t have post grad academic credentials.

Internal company certifications (in companies big enough to have such a program) are probably more valuable in career progression.

It’s the Euro model, government makes having employee’s so expensive companies are super reluctant to hire younger people who haven’t proven themselves, which is why it is very common there for people to live with their parents and stay in school until they are thirty or more.

Fred Reed - an article on the results of Affirmative Action. Kid comes home from school crying; and his parents put a recording device in his backpack to find out what was going on with the ( so called ) teacher.

https://fredoneverything.org/bush-world-be-comin-from-sub-saharan-africa/
](https://fredoneverything.org/bush-world-be-comin-from-sub-saharan-africa/)

Gabe: “I don’t know what to do on this.” Ms. Williams: “Well, you’d …

1 Like

Students should be permitted to wear body cams and record video and audio of their classroom experiences.

There has been a lot of controversies with usage of bodycams in classrooms. One is due to privacy. The other is teachers may use it for other things other than what it is intended for.
If students use it strictly to get “notes” and record what teachers/Professors are talking about - I am all for that. I agree!

1 Like

Well that isn’t going to be happening nor should it. Equal Opportunity, and Equal Protection Under Law, do either of those ring a bell?

There is no expectation of privacy in any public venue so we can move on from that starting point.

Correct…in the tech age of iphones, spycams and even drones, no one is immune from any privacy. Not even in your own home - as well as in schools.
Kids are using their phones to take pictures of their tests. Probably deliberately failing it, so they can retake it again - now that they have the answers to the tests.
We have cops wearing bodycams - for their own safety and security. We have drones flying over us - sometimes as small as a pencil. You just never know when you will see a drones lurking around at any given Sunday.

I’m speaking purely from a legal/constitutional standpoint.

We have a large body of law today clarifying that you have no expectation of privacy in public and consent need not be sought, or given for audio or visual recordings of you in public.

We still have our privacy rights pretty well intact at home but other than that they really don’t exist beyond protections against unlawful search and seizure.

Personally I have a real problem with the gov’t being able to compel you to produce fingerprints, dna, etc to be used against you even with a warrant but that’s for another discussion.

My misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to in general - as in how we have no privacy in society.

No biggie, it’s easy to do communicating by writing.

Much of human communication is based on face to face contact and how we read and react to physical responses as much if not even more to the words actually being used.