SAT exam to give students "adversity score" in bid to level playing field

The average combined score of the mathematics and evidence-based reading and writing sections of the SAT of Asian Americans was 1223, up 42 points.

If I am correct, they want to “lower the standards” for Asian Americans. To an equal “playing field” - so to speak. (And not to just Ivy League schools.)

Worse it lowers the entrance requirements and lowers then the quality of graduates as well and just like Any affirmative action program when you get into the work place those people will have an even harder time making it because of lower academic achievements and the expectation of those who do the hiring and promotion that they got where they are not based on merit but because they were accepted, hired, promoted in the past due to favoritism rather than ability.

1 Like

Correct me if I am wrong…

Let’s say your neighborhood is a good size an vibrant. And you have a neighbor who is a white male who has done well in high school. And down the street in the same neighborhood, you have a black female with same status. Who do you think will have a better chance at passing the SAT (under this new “adversity score”)?

Sounds racist, doesn’t it?

Especially, when they both go to the same high school. But because the way this society, the black female has a slim chance of getting into any college when she has the same status as her “white male” counterpart.

Of course it is. All race based affirmative action programs are simply racial profiling and racial discrimination in reverse.

Right…I think it should be based on how well they do…and not how well one secular of the race does. Does that make sense?

I would love to see proof of that.

I am sure there is plenty of that @LouMan . It doesn’t have to be in from the big cities. Take instance…I think that in some neighborhood of Detroit vs. some neighborhood in Boston - a black woman has a slim chance of getting into any college versus a white male from the neighborhood in Atlanta vs some neighborhood in Durham, NC.

Which is why many of us have been calling for an end to all types of AA since it was first introduced.

The entire purpose of these programs is to first and foremost put white males at a disadvantage, secondarily whites in general.

We don’t have better education programs, better gov’t service, better military services or anything else as a result of AA, all we have are a whole hell of a lot of people working or involved in Ed programs who never deserved to be there in the first place and many holding leadership positions who never should have been in that environment to start with who were unqualified when they entered and even less qualified as they were promoted up the ranks.

That’s a nice assumption on your part.

SAT tests know no rag, gender.

If you want to talk local schools that’s a different matter entirely.

Our city school boasts that 50% of graduates go to college. They don’t say that 30% of latino’s do not speak english on graduation.

The Burb next door: 92% attuned college.

It isn’t the race or gender. Guess what it is.

Can you please clarify? The whole point of this discussion is that with their new standards SAT scores have been turned into the new Affirmative Action.

@LouMan

The United States didn’t even make it to the “Top 20 Best Education System” for awhile now.

So, if it isn’t the race or gender…what is it then?

That has a lot more to do with what is being taught and how it is taught.

Kids are now basically just being taught to pass specific nationally standardized tests along with leftist values and principles instead of actually being taught the fundamentals of math, science, history, engineering, physics, and biology.

Test scores are what largely determines how many discretionary federal and state dollars rather than actual academic success.

I find it astounding that today’s “millennials” don’t even know the Five Branches of Government. Don’t they even bother teaching Civics anymore? Lol (that was being sarcastic)

3/4 of adults if not more couldn’t tell you the names of the POTUS, VP, SOTH, Senate Majority Leader, and name their own senators and representative from their district.

Yep! That has to tell you something…Lol

Let me guess:

Government intervention.

Still some school system suck others not so much.

p.s. Th country is graded as a whole which discounts the good systems.

As in “Private schools” vs. “Public schools”?

I think it should be up to the states, not the Federal government.
Why should the Federal “police” our school system, when some schools don’t even teach our kids what they should be taught? Not what the Federal government wants our kids to be taught?

Now find me that white male counterpart.

That’ like demanding someone prove a negative. A white male accomplishing the same thing would not be newsworthy enough to get much if any coverage at all unless they come from a small town with a small town paper that focuses on the community rather than national narratives and stories.

That which is an exception to the norm is newsworthy, where that which is commonplace isn’t in the realm of journalism.

Add even a slight bias and stories like that just aren’t going to be found without a great deal of digging particularly into small town papers.