San Diego-area synagogue shooting leaves one worshipper dead, three wounded

Shooter’s manifesto is posted in the thread below:

POWAY, Calif. (Reuters) - A gunman walked into a San Diego-area synagogue crowded with Sabbath worshippers on Saturday and opened fire with an assault-style rifle, killing one woman inside and wounding three others in a hate crime carried out on the last day of Passover, authorities said.

The suspect, who fled the scene by car but surrendered to police a short time later, was identified by authorities as John Earnest, 19, of San Diego, the apparent author of a “manifesto” who claimed to have set a nearby mosque on fire last month and professed drawing inspiration from the gunman who killed nearly 50 people at two mosques in New Zealand.

San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said police and FBI were investigating Earnest’s “possible involvement” in an unsolved pre-dawn arson on March 24 at the Islamic Center of Escondido, a town about 15 miles (24 km) north of the synagogue attacked on Saturday. No one was hurt at the mosque fire.

Gore said Earnest had “no prior criminal record.”

The gun violence at the Congregation Chabad synagogue in the town of Poway, California, about 23 miles (37 km) north of downtown San Diego, unfolded six months to the day after 11 worshippers were killed and six others were wounded by a gunman who stormed the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh yelling, “All ■■■■ must die.”

The assailant in that massacre, said to be the deadliest attack ever against ■■■■ on U.S. soil, was arrested.

Saturday’s Passover violence followed a recent spate of deadly attacks on houses of worship around the world. Suicide bombings during Easter Sunday services at several churches in Sri Lanka killed more than 250 people. A gunman who opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, on March 15 left 49 people dead and more than 40 wounded, some as they knelt in prayer.

Poway Mayor Steve Vaus characterized Saturday’s shooting as a “hate crime,” saying his assessment was based on statements uttered by the gunman when he entered the synagogue.

At a news conference later, Gore told reporters: “Clearly it’s being investigated as a homicide, but we’re also looking at the hate crime possible violation as well as federal civil rights violations.”

A rambling, violently anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim screed written by an individual calling himself John Earnest was found posted to the online text-storage site Pastebin.com and the file-storage site Mediafire.com. Links to the content on both sources were posted on the Internet message board 8chan.

In that letter, the author also claimed credit for the Escondido mosque arson, which was put out by congregants inside who were alerted by the smell of smoke. Local media at the time reported that a message scrawled on the driveway of the mosque mentioned the New Zealand massacre.

Speaking with reporters at the White House about Saturday’s attack, U.S. President Donald Trump said, “My deepest sympathies go to the people that were affected.” He added that “it looks like a hate crime” and that authorities will “get to the bottom of it.”

At a news conference later, Gore told reporters: “Clearly it’s being investigated as a homicide, but we’re also looking at the hate crime possible violation as well as federal civil rights violations.”

A rambling, violently anti-Semitic, anti-Muslim screed written by an individual calling himself John Earnest was found posted to the online text-storage site Pastebin.com and the file-storage site Mediafire.com. Links to the content on both sources were posted on the Internet message board 8chan.

In that letter, the author also claimed credit for the Escondido mosque arson, which was put out by congregants inside who were alerted by the smell of smoke. Local media at the time reported that a message scrawled on the driveway of the mosque mentioned the New Zealand massacre.

Speaking with reporters at the White House about Saturday’s attack, U.S. President Donald Trump said, “My deepest sympathies go to the people that were affected.” He added that “it looks like a hate crime” and that authorities will “get to the bottom of it.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-shooting/san-diego-area-synagogue-shooting-leaves-one-worshipper-dead-three-wounded-idUSKCN1S30K8

The MSM is making a big deal out of one shooting death…this is clearly ■■■■■■ Privilege at work.

How many young Black men that were getting their lives together after generations of ■■■■■■ oppression were killed in Chicago last week?

These ultra-Ortho ■■■■ are the biggest Welfare Queens, FAR worse than any Blacks or Hispanics. I can’t wait to hear the “life story” of victim. No doubt its “both parents survived the Holocaust” and 70+yrs on welfare in the USA.

Honk Honk

Who’s gets more media attention, 4 dead ■■■■■ 50 dead muslims, or 300 dead Christians. All in the same month. Let’s wait and see.

What a bunch of ignorant shit.

■■■■ in the US aren’t and haven’t been oppressing anyone.

90% of blacks that are murdered are murdered by other blacks and usually in connection with other criminal activity.

There’s no evidence anyone here was “Ultra Orthodox”.

So far it looks like a copy cat act by someone hoping to emulate the Christ Church shooting.

The subject also has admitted to a prior arson at an area Mosque.

As for the “poor pitiful black man”. IF blacks have anyone to be mad at it is democrats who destroyed the black family and culture and put them on the new plantations of the nation’s inner cities and who has imbued them with a collective sense of eternal victimhood.

Which of those events took place in the US?

Thumbs up to the off duty BPA who engaged the shooter quickly putting an end to his hopes of one upping the Christchurch shooter.

Too bad his marksmanship skills were lacking.

1 Like

Church christ shooting was New Zealand and media here blew it up, sri Lanka bombing was barely covered. You think theres not an bias there?

I can link the bias bullshit hillary tweeted if you need it. I also did a presentation in class, asked them who heard of the christ church shooting and who heard of the srilanka bombings, guess which one had all hands raised and which one had none.

You dodged the question.

Only one of those events happened in the US.

The Christchurch shooting made big international news because it happened in a Western Country where such events are incredibly rare and because it could be used to support the anti “assault weapons” bans proposed here in the US.

This shooting will be huge news here in the US for the next couple of weeks for the same reason, to promote gun control.

The Sri Lankan attacks have been huge news all over the globe constantly since they occurred so that claim was simply a lie.

Murdering Christians in Africa is a daily occurrence so it’s not big news and of course most of the world outside of Africa couldn’t give a shit less about Africa.

Simply a lie? It was barely covered in american media, it was also where the Easter worshiper meme began. I didnt dodge anything I said where both instances happened.

What class fifth grade geography?

A quick .35 second search on Google for “Sri Lana Bombings” produces 667,000,000 hits. It’s been the biggest single story in global news since Christchurch.

As for your claim nobody in your class had heard of it, I call complete bullshit on the claim.

Of course it’s a lie, every major news outlet in the US and most of the smaller one’s all covered it extensively.

No college, you’re relying on insults now? Way to show your own bias

My only bias is calling out racist, bigoted, ignorant, lying anti semites out for what they are.

You’re lying out your ass.

I haven’t said one racist or anti semite thing on here as I’ve explained before. I’m not lying I have no fucking reason to lie. You must be senile or drunk.

You must be trolling.

Except for your first comment on the subject.

If that wasn’t your intent your writing skills are horrible.

I’m asking which religion will be covered the most, which has the most bias. It’s not anti semitic im an atheist for fucks sake my opinion isnt biased because all religions are fucking retarded. You took it personal and called me a liar and showed your ass.

You’re proven yourself a liar, I just pointed it out.

How exactly could I take it personal? I’m a Lutheran.

How have i proven myself a liar?