Robust Discussion Concerning Moderation

Appreciate you seeing the big picture. When we ban speech that we don’t like we become no different than the rest. Sound arguments win the day.

I don’t build and run safe spaces. I’m not a babysitter for adults. If someone doesn’t like an argument that someone else is making either counter it or ignore it. Don’t try to silence it. Unless it is speech that meets the threshold of yelling fire in a crowded theater, it’s protected by the 1st Amendment just as our Founders intended.

5 Likes

I am new here and must say that this is a refreshing perspective. If more people shared it the internet wouldn’t be utter trash. I think people have grown too used to having their feelings protected online which has unfortunately carried over to the real world. When that happens you end up looking like the UK or the EU. It’s best to take the good bits with the bad and let the truth rise to the top. It always does.

4 Likes

There is another big picture. And that is people will leave the site because they are here to discuss politics, not read or argue with a hate group that continuously finds a way to derail threads.

The arguments have been countered, time and time again. I came into this thread and whaddaya know. ■■■ haters.

And if you are not on board with it you are called Anti-American/Cuckservative.

Is it Freedom of Speech or freedom to spread hate?

1 Like

What are you suggesting?

I am suggesting that they are using Freedom of Speech to spread hate.

It needs to stop. People who want to actually discuss politics without the fringe element will leave this board and the chances to grow it with a diverse group of people engaging in discussions will disappear. Instead, you will grow the board with like minded people and be nothing more than a hate site.

1 Like

That sounds Orwellian. You must understand that the former is an absolute while the latter is a well spread leftist talking point designed to chip away at the former.

1 Like

When it can be proven to have merit that’s fine.

When it has been proven to be nothing but a load of hogwash time and time again? No.

1 Like

Why, people… why… lol smh

Having a board taken over by a particular group is always a risk. Just look at your former Hannity site. Speech there is heavily moderated and it is essentially a far-left site. As someone with decades of experience running discussion forums I can tell you that when moderation of speech sets in the left flourishes. They are one group whose ideas need to be protected by moderators. If I decide to start moderating speech in the same way here, this will become a left-wing site very quickly. It will feel more like the Facebook or Twitter than the Wild West.

Now to your point on free speech…if I ban the individuals that you suggest as a result of their posts related to Judaism / Zionism shall I also ban those critical of Islam? How about those critical of Catholics? Does the line in the sand only apply to Judaism? If so, why and where does it get drawn? Is any criticism allowed? If so, what criticism specifically?

Do you see how slippery this slope gets?

10 Likes

The hell you say! :innocent:

4 Likes

You would have to ban everyone :rofl:

5 Likes

Let’s abandon free speech. Free speech is what got us to where we are now. You shouldn’t be allowed to say that kids can be drag queens. You also shouldn’t be allowed to make race mixing propaganda for that matter.

1 Like

No one has a gun to your head. If you don’t like a thread, don’t post in it. If you don’t like a post don’t reply to it. If you need a private group to post then why don’t you just ask for one? Why does everyone else have to abide by your personal standards of what’s right and what isn’t?

4 Likes

I did not suggest bans.

And you are correct, Hannity became a far left site in large part because the liberals gamed with the flagging system. Which is why I don’t flag unless it is really, really bad.

To my knowledge, no one here plays that game.

I actually thought I’d enter this thread and see an update on RBG. Instead, it is new member with what to add to the topic?

The liberals did the same thing at Hannity. Agenda, troll, derail, plie on and bully. No difference from being called a “cuckservative” for not agreeing with hatred of ■■■■ than being called a “racist” for not agreeing with reparations.

And now I must go to work so I can actually write a check at the end of the year. So, I’m not bowing out but obligations call.

1 Like

How many threads does that enter into on a consistent basis?

That’s an entirely different matter. The substance of the response is irrelevant. The fact that this thread was resurrected with an off-topic post is the larger issue.

What should have happened was the post in question should have been flagged as off-topic. That let’s me and Kelly know that we need to take action. If no one flags it we don’t get pinged and won’t know to look there until we start browsing the threads.

Instead of anyone flagging the post as off-topic there was a slew of replies and now 9+ hours later I have a lot to clean up. Or, I can just lock it and call it a day. Everyone who has replied, including myself at this point, has contributed to derailing the thread.

From my foxhole both sides give as good as they get. One side isn’t unfairly beating on the other. However, I am glad to start issuing bans for personal attacks if that’s what folks want. Just remember, if someone makes an edgy post and you take the bait and get a temporary ban there shouldn’t be any complaining. If we go down this road the best advice I can give is…don’t take the bait.

Same here - need to pay the monthly bill to keep the lights on and the door open for y’all.

4 Likes

Please do this. This is a board of peace and tolerance.

2 Likes

It’s not a race, it’s the Left.

I’m constantly amazed that so many resist that simple fact.

It’s like I said earlier in another thread: while King was far from a Constitutional conservative / Classic American Liberal his dream of people being judged by the content of their character, their ideology if you will, rather than by the color of their skin is one fundamentally opposed by the Left, to their very core.

“Woke” and King’s Dream are mutually exclusive of each other.

In this thread we’ve again seen “the ■■■■■ inclusive rather than “some” … some ■■■■ ramble on about the things that some whites ramble on about them rambling on about which in turn those ■■■■ take exception to in a Circle of Gripe and Gloat. With respect to these they are mutually the folks under the other’s beds … pity we can’t hook said proverbial bed up to generators.

The thing is, well, it’s all like being Woke but just with different flavors used. And just as dumb.

1 Like

Perhaps you prefer nazi concentration camps.

1 Like

Between the ■■■ haters, the trump haters the progressive faction, we have a full load of crazy.

2 Likes