Pundits and Thoughts on Them

Yes and no.

Google got it right.

The relationship and authority of states and the federal government are governed by the U.S. Constitution . The federal government is delegated certain enumerated powers while all other powers not otherwise prohibited by the Constitution are reserved to the states .

or to the people.

When I’m talking about States, I’m not referring to State governments. I’m talking about the people who formed those governments. The Constitution was setting the rules for both the Central and State governments. It was not setting those rules on the governed. When the government no longer governs with the consent of the governed, are we really free?

For sack of making easier for people to understand basic concept between Constitution and BoR’s is main part is contract between the states and other one is to the people.

By promoting it that way makes it easier for them to grasp that concept…specially with distortion our history that we are witnessing today duo to our educational system.

I hope that make sense. :confused:

I think that’s all that really needs to be said, right there. When the country was founded, we were self sufficient and could function without it. Now the people are dependent on it. We say slavery was abolished but here we are literally slaves to the government, consumption, and corporate greed. Can you grow your own food, build your own shelter, provide your own power? Most people can’t. Granted power wasn’t a thing back when the country was founded, but most people could build their own homes and hunt for or grow their own food. Today, if we lost power for a month, it would be a crisis for most people.

1 Like

Right. States used to matter. The civil war and slavery gave them the excuse.

To expand their power? Perhaps, but it was the people who freely surrendered that power to them.

Yes. Half the states were very naughty. All the excuse they needed. There were other contributing factors as well - mobility for example.