President Trump Announces Turkish Unilateral Invasion of Northern Syria

Saddam was murdering between 100-200,000 of his own people annually.

Freedom is messy and ethnic and sectarian hatreds that have been bottled up tend to boil over when the iron fist is removed but given time they learn to work it out.

The smartest thing to do with Iraq would have been to break it up into 3-5 independent republics under a single confederation model.

We didnā€™t overstay our welcome, as soon as we pulled up ISIS emerged and conquered a 1/3 of the country.

When you make these sweeping and confident assertions of yours, you really ought to provide a link - and I mean a properly impartial one.

I donā€™t remember hearing any authoritative mention of ā€˜ISISā€™ at any time during the Iraq campaign, nor even when it was over, and I follow the news extremely closely. It was all about Kuwait, and Saddamā€™s expansionist ambitions, especially where Saudi Arabia was concerned.

Youā€™re making my point. They formed in the power vacuum we left in our wake.

1 Like

Here are just a few of his crimes.

1 Like

A few more.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1425902/Saddam-death-squads-executing-defectors.html

And a few more.

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2003/09/20030929-14.html

Jesus, you just donā€™t get it do you! Iā€™m not saying he deserved to be venerated, only that he knew how to rule his country for the greater good of the population. In case you havenā€™t noticed, we donā€™t live in a perfect world, nor ever will.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  donā€™t dirty their hands.
Stupid, brainless goyim do that.

What pillars is Church Christianity (or Church-anity) based on?
Send missionaries to four corners of the globe and convert ā€œprimitivosā€ to Church-anity.

Go ask Native Americans or Canadians about their opinion on it.

Nor did I attribute any such statements to you so who are you arguing with?

Iā€™m not going to get into your obfuscatory word games.

I am Native American, and you certainly donā€™t presume to speak for me!

You are over simplifying too much, and not to be an ass, but your lack of depth in this subject matter enables you to paint invery broad strokes of generalities, opinions and assumptions. I assure you there is a lot more to it than what you are trying to illicit here!

I assure you Iā€™m not over simplifying anything, although you can tell me what it is that Iā€™ve got wrong if you like. And itā€™s ā€˜elicitā€™.

Letā€™s hear your ā€œNative Americanā€ voice for a change.
Not the usual shabbos goy voice.

Having been a part of that process, there whole lot of factors that goes into what is considered a set of outcomes, some within control of others that such determinations are made and the fact you were not involved nor even been there, it is easy for you to make such assumptions based on what you read on the internet. Could we have gotten out of Iraq within a year? Yes, but not in the time fame as you suggested, such as the topple of the Statue which was after a month in. It would have been irresponsible of us to just go in and then leave, without a central planning stage for reconstruction to commence. The problem with Iraq after US forces occupied the country, was the politics, which further plunged the country into chaos and insurgency due to certain decisions that certain people were acting on as a result of other motives. I know this as a fact, because I have seen it with my own eyes.

Nobody needs to ā€˜see things with their own eyesā€™ to be able to form an opinion, and I formed mine from reliable and respected news sources. If US forces had left straight away there probably would have been chaos, but there was chaos anyway, and there has been ever since Saddam was topped - that was the big mistake the US made.

No one said you canā€™t form an opinion, but donā€™t be surprised if your opinion which is misinformed and not based on facts is called out! Yours is purely based on what was fed to you through the sources you read online, mine is based on acutally being there and working for my Government in a particular role. You are also ignoring the rest of the context in which I am stating to you. Are you interested to learn or stating what your opinion is?

This is exactly correct, including Obamaā€™s interference in Egypt, Libya and Syria.