Official Coronavirus Thread - The Next Airborne Misery - Open General ☣

According to Bozo, fthr Xmas is exempt from Cv rules and can still visit every house in UK

2 Likes

My colleagues include resident physicians and faculty physicians who work with covid patients on a daily basis. I have asked a number of my colleagues whether they will be first in line for the new vaccine. I have yet to hear any of my colleagues respond affirmatively. The reasons for hesitancy are that the uncertainties about safety exceed what they perceive to be a small benefit. In other words, my colleagues would prefer to take their chances with covid rather than beta test the vaccine. Many of my colleagues want to see the safety data after a year of use before getting vaccinated; these colleagues are concerned about possible autoimmune side effects that may not appear for months after vaccination.

They arrested him yesterday.

On February 29, the U.S. surgeon general infamously tweeted: “Seriously people – STOP BUYING MASKS. . . They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus.” Anthony Fauci, the best-known member of the coronavirus task force, advised Americans not to wear masks around this time. Similarly, in the earliest weeks of the pandemic, the CDC maintained that masks should be worn only by individuals who were symptomatic or caring for a sick person, a position that the WHO stood by even longer.

I think Godders probably penned this himself !

1 Like

319ef4d585450ea3

3 Likes

Pandemics Are Over When the Public Decides They’re Over

2 Likes

Nah that was written by the Yes Minister team ROFLMAO

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Los Angeles County appears to be on a stay-home order starting Monday. No gatherings, even outside. Apparently, you can still get your nails done, though.

Well, sure: In L.A. County, fingernails are an essential part of many women’s job-related assets, like silicone implants.

All of the shops are under orders on how they can operate, which at some level is helping to stem the tide. Personally, I think they should go back to outdoors for any of the salon-type places, but we’re at a point where they either operate at some capacity or go out of business, and there isn’t financial support for them to shut down again. Some of them just can’t do what restaurants can, and go back to takeout and delivery to try to stay alive.

CA remains ahead of the game in terms of being active about restrictions and making them stronger to clamp down on the spread. Compare that to the midwest, where the big restriction so far has been cutting indoor dining down to 50% in some places…talk about pointless. The pain is real economically, but we’re working on keeping people from dying at least, unlike a lot of the rest of the nation.

Welcome to hell, chapter whatever:

1 Like

That NYT article is depressing, and unsurprising…with the virus infections going crazy everywhere it’s no surprise that hospitals are being overwhelmed, and that they don’t have enough staff. Hospitals can’t shift patients because everywhere has too many sick already, or sees the wave about to hit them. It’s not like in March when volunteers went to NYC from all over so they didn’t run out of staff. Now, everyone is just tired…without adequate staff and equipment there will be lots of people dying, and not just from COVID.

And, it’s infuriating that medical staff still don’t have enough PPE…how is that even possible now?

With the holiday past, we’ll probably start to see an increase in positive cases and hospitalizations in the next two weeks. I’m guessing that we won’t be testing enough people to capture how bad it is, so we’ll be back to tracking hospitalizations and deaths…and there’s going to be a lot of it. The midwestern states still refuse to take the critical steps to stop people from interacting, so the virus spread is just going to continue. I now have friends and family reporting COVID diagnoses on Facebook, one of them is going to be a long hauler…and that’s going to become a regular occurrence soon.

Biden can’t take over soon enough, the dead are going to pile up on Trump’s watch, and at the rate things are going the rate of infection may overwhelm the nation so that there’s nothing to be done but stay home and wait for vaccination. We’re really in a bad place right now, and it’s likely to get so much worse.

1 Like

Your parents must be very disappointed. Feminism has destroyed your mind - that’s the only virus you should be worried about. Many such cases. Sad!

2 Likes

U.S. government scientists now estimate that 40% of cases are asymptomatic and 80% of symptomatic cases are mild—in short, 88% of subjects don’t know they are infected or have no great incentive to find out if they are suffering from Covid or some more familiar bug.

We could also mention the 99.9% survival rate.

But then again to the wack cases from the left they believe everything the MSM and their party tells them. Why are the people from the left so weak minded and question nothing? Lack of vitamins?