Obesity significantly increases risk of serious disease, researchers warn

Absolutely. I was a very active child too, which was normal in those days. A lot of base fitness, muscle structure and even bone density is determined in childhood. If you have done nothing your whole life and decide age 40 you want to be fat and lazy no more, it’s not going to work too well. Muscle has good memory. I was a skinny child and one of my kids is like me. No matter how much she eats, she never fills out, just grows upwards.

2 Likes

Well that’s an absolute lie. Less than 10% of the population has diabetes and less than half of that need pharmaceuticals to control it.

You’re digging yourself a deep, deep hole in this thread.

That isn’t “slim” it is by definition normal to voluptuous.

As usually you’re an idiot. Average body fat for healthy females in the US is between 25-30%.

My comment was tongue in cheek, but obviously without a sense of humour, you wouldn’t be able to see that. Anyhow, maybe not quite 2/3 obese yet, but you will be there soon. Gosh, you really are uptight.

They don’t measure it, they simply calculate estimates based on things like your height and weight.

More likely that a hot ■■■■■■ girl rejected him and laughed him out of the room in shame.

That is called BMI and all you need is a calculator :joy:

There are several different ways to calculate BMI, all of which produce only estimates.

30% is defined as morbidly obese or really sick/aka a minger/aka a dog…

1 Like

I am a 60+ y/o man with four siblings- two older and two younger. The youngest is ‘chunky’ the other three are obese. At 6’, I grow concerned if my weight exceeds 185. I exercise and watch what I eat - it isn’t that difficult. My wife is the same way- you just have to pay attention and value health more than you value eating shitty food.

As to attractiveness, fat was in in the 17th century because food was scarce in the winter. Today food is anything but scarce, and fat is a sign of poor maintenance. Attractiveness is robust health and symmetry. With the pervasiveness of sexually attractive models (real or enhanced [surgicaly/digitally]), the 30% above is decidedly unattractive, and will have far more difficulty finding a man who is attractive, or successful - there are exceptions, but… Sex drive for most obese folks is low, but not completely absent. Desire for social inclusion, and desire for companionship are the same as healthy folks, which makes life tougher, and has a resultant effect on overall health.
Happier people are healthier, and healthier people are happier.
Healthier people are also a lot less expensive. Obese people use healthcare at an order of magnitude higher rate than healthy people. The body does not do well maintaining enough additional arterioles and venules to string 100+ miles, and the fat clogs almost every system. Then there’s the extra ‘stones’ of weight that bring arthritis.

1 Like

What on earth are you talking about? There is only one way to calculate BMI! BMI is body mass index and is certainly not an estimate. It is weight /height squared in kg and metres. I am beginning to think @Magog is right about you. :joy:

1 Like

It’s all relative. Maybe where he comes from, anything less than 30% is considered anorexic. The norm is 30% so if you are say 40%, that is not too bad. :wink:

You nailed it!

If you would like you can email David Lloyd yourself they will tell you they will not give you a percentage

No it isn’t. Obese starts between 32-35% and morbidly obese doesn’t begin until a woman exceeds 50% or in excess of 100lbs overweight. You are a moron.

Haha, so you like them at 30% fat, just short of obese then. One more burger could tip it :rofl:

Where did I say I like them at 30%. Quote the post if you can.

I assume you like “healthy?”

20-30% is a broad spectrum. Don’t attribute things to me I never said, it simply shows your level of desperation and dishonesty.

My preference trends towards the middle of that range because I like healthy, fit, strong women.

Fit women don’t normally go for men who can’t see past their stomach.
Sorta counts you out don’t ya think?

1 Like