Obesity significantly increases risk of serious disease, researchers warn

why are you so upset ??? the imaging machine has to give you a CT or MRI scan

can Jen share the name of this machine since she is prepared to share everything else about herself

I know British is not a race. That quote is from the article. Perhaps you should school the British author that wrote it.

Read the article. Yankees are fatter than Brits, percentage wise. Brits are fatter than other Europeans, percentage wise.

Thereā€™s no glee on my side regarding the fatness of Brits or Yanks. Iā€™d still rather date a pleasingly plump damsel than be seen with Twiggy! :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m not upset. Iā€™m just getting warmed up for the day. I doubt you have the wherewithal to upset me.

are you just trying to get as many posts up as possible to make distance for Jen obvious lies

The health club is called David Lloyd and they are a chain in the UK. The machine measures weight, body fat, visceral fat, basal metabolic rate and more. It is David Lloyd branded, but obviously someone makes it for them. I donā€™t know who.

so David Lloyd give you a CT scan I will give them a call

and why do they not gave you the results on the normal 1 to 59 scale???

Perhaps you could do a little research on your own.

These scales are available to the general public. Iā€™m sure a quality professional gym might own a few of them.

Note that they are able to measure visceral fat.

https://www.fitnessmusthaves.com/scales/best-body-fat-scale-reviews/

1 Like

Some people have a medical condition and they just canā€™t lose weight. I know a woman that had a near perfect body. Later in life her thyroid started acting up and it was not long before she plumped up like a water balloon. To beat all the medication she was taking also made it very difficult for her to lose weight.

It was depressing for her.

She could not lose weight but there are people out there that do not have medical conditions and they are fat just because they donā€™t care about their health.

If the author thinks British is a race, that suggests the credibility of the article. But then I donā€™t disagree. I really donā€™t care because we are all fat. If you read my other posts, I do talk about fat Brits a lot. :wink:

1 Like

Look up Dr Eric Berg on YouTube. He has reasons why and what to do about it.

why would they give out results in a percentage when itā€™s normally done on a scale of 1 to 59 and why would a gym have a machine that can give you a CT scan and why world someone qualified to use such machinery work at David Lloyd this makes no logical sense are you and Jen the some person??

Can you read? I have posted a link to several manufacturers of SCALES THAT WILL MEASURE VISCERAL FAT.

Donā€™t get paranoid. Just because two people disagree with you doesnā€™t mean one is a sock puppet.

Something like this probably

2 Likes

Youā€™re genetics play a role, no doubt. Most of my family is tall and thin as well.

You also come from a career where looks, fitness and weight are as important as a calculator is to an engineer (so to speak).

Think about the parentā€™s who stick candy in a kidā€™s mouth when they cry and what those kids will grow up finding comfort in. Food.

When I was a kid, we had an hour of gym class. I used to have contests on the money bars to see who could get across them the fastest. Weā€™d race around like maniacs burning off energy. Ride my bike 5 mile to get to the country club swimming pool and swim all day in the summer.

Today, kids donā€™t get this exercise in school. My parents would probably be jailed in todayā€™s environment for letting me ride my bike miles from home and play on my own all day. So kids are stuck indoors with game systems as babysitters. Overweight and out of shape.

Quite a bit is a matter of how people are raised, lack of education about food/good nutrition and in some cases addiction.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
ā€¦

It is the norm in the US. Over 60% of the population men, women, kiddies are over wight or obese.

That equates to 30% of the population that had hyper tension, 30% of the population has high cholesterol.

But itā€™s a happy population where half the country hates each other.

Upside is we have open borders and are allowing a new population, many over weight into the US. What could possibly go wrong???

1 Like

and these measurements come in a scale of 1 to 59 not a percentage :rofl:

That would be your wet dream.

a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  men stole your wife didnā€™t he

1 Like

A very small percentage of the population.

1 Like