Obesity in World's Countries

Very active; but all the years of running/hanging pipe have taken a toll on my joints. Now, some serious arthritis. When you’re young, all you see are the big paychecks, and ignore the physical wear & tear on your body. If you need 8 people to lift one length of pipe, you should working at a different job. Anyway, I try to keep active. Always a big garden every year.

1 Like

Pretty much the same for me. The replacement joints work well but are just not the same as the real thing.

You know Ive seen advertisements from the 1950’s and that Tess Holliday would not only laughed at but probably committed to a funny farm .

I asked a few friends and family if they find that Tess woman appealing and most of them looked at me like I was losing it?

Even my Mother thought that wasn’t healthy and she shouldn’t be showing that fat off in public

1 Like

I almost permanently damaged my knees playing catcher on a softball team. After every infield hit, I would spring up and run to back up the first baseman in case the ball got passed him. I did keep a few runners from getting to second base…and put several of them out by tagging.

I used to be able to squat down for hours and work on low lying devices. Now if I squat down for 30 seconds, I have trouble getting up.

The knees are the most abused joints we have.

My command center chair is a secretary’s chair with armrests set at the highest level. When I want to stand up, I use my arms to lift my weight to the point that my knees are only slightly bent.

Years ago I first penned my Four Questions, questions that when they are typical of your life or folks in similar straights to you tell you how affluent you really are.

The very poorest of the poor ask: “How shall we eat?”

Relatively secure compared to the truly destitute people ask: “When shall we eat?”

Indeed, our government now only tracks food “insecurity” when discussing poverty in America.

Now, once people become established they are no longer food insecure but they still ask: “What shall we eat?”

And the rich, whose affluence and luxury would humble all but the princes of the past, well we ask: “Where shall we eat?”

1 Like

I can identify with that. When I was young, our vacations including eating out…every meal. There were no fast food restaurants…we sat down at a table somewhere and ordered food.

No longer than five minutes after finishing breakfast, one of us kids would ask, “Where are we gonna have lunch?”

A similar question generally followed the completion of lunch.

When not on vacation (or at school) we always ate at home…and dinner was always shortly after 6:00 PM.