Not World War III

Apparently the Syrians are learning to love Trump!
President Trump has achieved legendary hero status in certain parts of the Middle East.

3 Likes

Why should the US military be in the Middle East to begin with?
The US has enough petroleum under its soil. The US involvement in the ME never profited the average Americans, blinded by their patriotism — which may not be a bad thing after all — but dangerous if misguided and misused.
The whole episode comes down to J word we are not allowed to say.

This proves you have zero perspective on history.

How utterly clueless.

Oil is traded on the international market. Anything that affects the price of oil has a direct impact on every industrialized economy including ours.

We could be seeing a situation in which the Shia-dominated government of Iraq moves even closer to Iran. Not only was this a direct attack on the government and military leadership of Iran, it was a humiliating violation of Iraqi sovereignty.

And I think you also have it right that this looks like another step in the strategic thinking of Vladimir Putin that involves alliances with Turkey, Syria, and Iran.

Whatever else happens, this further diminishes our influence in the area - our closest “allies” in the middle east are Israel and Saudi Arabia and neither of them would lift a finger were we to end up in a shooting war with Iran.

Why would Iran want a knockdown drag out?

Suleimani was not some sort of rogue actor - he was carrying out the policies of the Iranian military as directed by the controlling theocratic part of the Iranian government (which is charged with control of both the military and foreign policy - the secularly elected side of government - the president and parliament - have essentially no control over these areas).

So, the idea that killing Suleimani changed anything is about as absurd as imagining that our operational capabilities would be dashed were the chair of the joint chiefs to have a heart attack. It just isn’t so.

They’v been moving closer to Iran since 2010. These steps may severely curtail that trend.

The Shia Majority in Iraq is more aligned with Iran religiously but they do not want to live under fundamentalist rule by the mullahs.

They might want a knockdown drag out specifically because he was not a rogue actor.

He was basically the number 2 or 3 most powerful and highest ranking member of their military.

This would be like Iran killing one of the Joint Chief’s of Staff or one of our Theater commanders.

They know they are done however if we hit them with a full strike and that the regime would probably collapse from within so I doubt they will retaliate in any serious way.

Trump isn’t Obama, he’s not going to apologize and he’s not desperate to make even a bad deal with them to get a deal at all.

You efing DUNCE!!! This thread is not about WW1or2 asin the last paragraph of your comment.
This is about the exportation of a RADICAL ISLAMIC STATE destabilizing the ME , attempting to make Iraq a proxy province and the TOTAL destruction of Israel .

Yep, PNAC, a bunch of republican neo con freaks.

Correct, and as the Iraqi prime minister stated, the assassination was a flagrant violation of the US/Iraq security agreement. Hopefully they evict the US.

Exactly. We haven’t seen the evidence that there even was any planned attacks. But if there was, they’ll be executed as planned.

If you don’t indefinitely occupy Iraq, you don’t have Shi’ites staging attacks against golems. How much longer are we supposed to stay? 27 years? 37 years? When shi’ites blew up 200 US servicemen in Beirut in 1983, Reagan didn’t retaliate by hunting down an Iranian official involved and doubling down. He pulled out. And no more servicemen died after that in Lebanon.

Same equation here. By killing this guy and doubling down, you’re going to get far more Americans killed. The State Dept knows this, which is why they’re evacuating every non-essential American out of Iraq right now

1 Like

You’re posting pure retardation, @TWR

A wise and prudent foreign policy would promote a realpolitik détente and rapprochement with Iran, to counterbalance the semitic agents of terror and chaos in the Middle East that are Israel and their golem Saudi Arabia, a bizarre ■■■ brew of extreme degeneracy and extreme fundamentalism. We should do the same with Syria.

I have known closely many Iranians and I profoundly dislike them and their culture, but they are leagues ahead from ■■■■ and arabs.

As a bonus, part of a deal with Iran could include them taking back some of their exiles that live in the US.

2 Likes

How do you propose closing Pandora’s box once it’s been opened? I don’t see it happening unless fundamentally Iran changes back to being a democratic state again which has the same odds as The Buffalo Bills winning a Super Bowl this year. Exiles will not go voluntarily unless there was a good reason to, such as a significant change in their personal constitution to leave the best country the world has ever known.

1 Like

It never happened and will never happen.
It’s the US bombs that destabilizing the ME.

You not only lack any historical perspective but have no idea about the current situation.

Ha?
Wasn’t the invasion of Iraq by the US and UK to make a proxy country for them?

No Iraqi or Syrian or Iranian with a brain support the (CIA-backed) ISIS. Only the Saudis clandestinely support the radicals because Wahhabis are not true Muslims.

1 Like

Either do you which I can say with 100% certainty you have no idea what you are talking about! You never served in the US clandestine services, military or the state department so most of what you postulate about as if you are a subject matter expert on US foreign policy is pure speculation based on your internet sleuthing that you love to indulge in! Stick with your conspiracy theories it is after all what you are good at digipoopoo!

Have you?
Your behavior as an attention whore sure sounds un-military.

1 Like