New guy on the block...Didn't know where to start

Greetings and sorry if I am doing this wrong but I had no idea where to begin so I just clicked here and said hello. So, hello. What now?

1 Like

Welcome to the site. Dust off your keyboard and prepare to type a lot.

1 Like

Thanks. Hoping for some good conversation.

Welcome to the site and prepare to read a lot…so pull up a chair and a few pot of coffee.

1 Like

And so I will. It looks like folks are pretty welcoming around here.

Lay off the new guy, will ya. How about you go read some books

2 Likes

That’s some pretty serious reading.

Tell me about it, I still havent figured out why the Romans never have a relaxed facial tone.

1 Like

Scared to death most of the time I suspect. Someone was always trying to kill someone to get their position.

Hi Tymish!

Welcome to the board.

What now? If you haven’t already, read the rules.

Jump in on a topic that interest you or start a topic that interests you. As with all boards, you’ll find people you agree with and disagree with. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @imoutofhere and welcome. We had a new members section in our old place but you can just dive in to the threads. It’s like the movie 300. It’s a very spartan environment. I hope you can hack it and stick around.

1 Like

Thank you DMK and I will.

Thanks Claire and I will give it my best shot.

Will there be a quiz afterwards? Lol

Life is a never-ending quiz, friendo

1 Like

Best advice I can give…stand by your convictions. Don’t be politically correct. Post what you think. Don’t cave to the group. Be a leader and not a follower.

4 Likes

Yeah! , what this guy said

3 Likes

Tell me about it. I think among my first threads on another forum was an multi post essay describing why there is no general welfare clause.

2 Likes

Welcome, Pilgrim!

I like your autobiographical information. Thanks for your service to this fine country in which we all live…for a while. Whenever I am asked, “Have you lived here all of your life?”, I say, “Not yet, but that’s my plan!”

I too am a grandpa, to eight, the eldest from1997 and the youngest from 2015. Each is a gem to me.

How should I pronounce your username…Time-ish of Tim-ish? I must get it right when I talk to myself.

Cheers and happy reading/posting. I look forward to your exposing yourself through original poetry. Please post some.

1 Like

Welcome. Jump in, the water’s fine.

1 Like