Governor Northam to Call Virginia General Assembly into Special Session to Address Gun Violence
I will propose many of the same ideas that we have proposed before:
- Universal background checks;
- A ban on assault weapons, to include suppressors and bump stocks;
- An extreme risk protective order;
- Reinstating the one-gun-a-month law;
- Child access prevention;
- Requiring people to report lost and stolen firearms; and
- Expanding local authority to regulate firearms, including in government buildings.
None of the above items woud have prevented the Va Beach shooting.
The Dem Governor is pushing his anti-gun agenda on the bodies of the victims.