Mulvaney walks it back: 'There was absolutely no quid pro quo'

“Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election,” acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said Thursday. “There was never any connection between the funds and the Ukrainians doing anything with the server - this was made explicitly obvious by the fact that the aid money was delivered without any action on the part of the Ukrainians regarding the server.”

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney on Thursday walked back comments he made earlier in the day suggesting that President Donald Trump held up military aid to Ukraine until it moved to investigate a conspiracy involving the 2016 U.S. election.

“There was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election,” he said in a statement, contradicting remarks he made during an earlier press briefing.

“The president never told me to withhold any money until the Ukrainians did anything related to the server. The only reasons we were holding the money was because of concern about lack of support from other nations and concerns over corruption,” he added.

Speaking on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, Mulvaney flatly denied what he had previously said during a televised news conference: that defense funding was frozen in part over the demand that Ukraine launch an investigation that could politically benefit Trump.

“That’s not what I said. That’s what people said that I said,” Mulvaney said. “Can I see how people took that the wrong way? Absolutely. But I never said there was a quid pro quo, because there isn’t.”

But some people will still pass the garbage around as they have nothing else

1 Like

He has said it like 8000 times and the left just ignores it, blows past it, then points to one flub. It’s insane.

The point is to give the real story instead of the garbage monte thread.

Well there was a reason why he posted it in the conspiracy category! That is what trolls do!

Thanks for setting the record straight Louman! At least there are still people here willing to be adults!

1 Like

To where this all started!

1 Like

More fake crap posting.

Gutfeld is awesome!

I vote for the same drugs.

Excellent.

Thank you for creating this thread. There is another thread on this topic that is pushing a lot of disinformation.

2 Likes

And the creator perpetuates the lie over and over again.

1 Like

Oh no, it’s not being ignored. But of course he’s denying he said what he said (as even Fox News pointed out) because immediately afterwards he got his chops slapped by Trump and White House council. The QPQ is borne out beginning with the whistle blowers initial complaint through Trump’s top Ukrainian diplomats testimony yesterday. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lmao, yes, Trump’s top diplomat to Ukraine is pushing disinformation. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don’t you mean Obama’s top diplomat in the Ukraine? We already know her political orientation and the fact that she deviated from lawful orders provided to her by the Trump administration.

1 Like

Lmao, William Taylor is a man…:man_shrugging:

I’m sure you’re too afraid to read the 16 pages of his opening statement. He also testified that the aid was blocked by Trump personally and that Trump refused to meet the Ukrainian president unless he agreed to investigate his chief political rival, joe Biden. In fact he has testified that “everything” was tied to an investigation into Biden, cementing the QPQ that Mulvaney admitted to earlier in the week, then nervously reversing shortly afterwards as the president was pissed at him and White House council was wringing their hands over the implications.

The asshat troll can’t help himself!

Oh no, there’s not just one flub, from the whistle blowers complaint to Trump’s top diplomat to Ukraine yesterday, the QPQ is firmly established.

Oh I thought you were talking about that other ambassador to the Ukraine who is a deep state Obama plant and known DNC shill, much like yourself.

1 Like

Don’t be fooled by the in house clown here!

Monte Crusty epitomes the definition of a internet Troll

Let’s see the pattern here:

1. Regularly spreads disinformation from fake news sites
  2. Responds to every poster imaginable to gain attention
  3. Responds to every thread possible that is usually anti Trump rhetoric without ever reading the OP and or know or have knowledge what the subject matter is about
  4. Consistently tries to derail threads topics on purpose
  5. Is purposely Obtuse when asked a direct question or asked to provide a source for false assertions it makes
  6. Consistently lies just about everything it tries to debate about ( intellectually dishonest? Would be a misnomer if I thought there was anything intellectual about Monte? :rofl:)
  7. Has more than one pseudonym it uses here
  8. Pretends to be a SJW
  9. Seeks any opportunity to exploit topics to feign outrage