Mueller Prosecutor Departs DC Team After Setting Sentencing Trap in Roger Stone Case…

Holy crap! I am not sure what words to describe the blatant abuse by lawfair lawyers appointed by obama that weaponized the DOJ to go after his enemies. This falls on William Barr for not cleaning house when he had the chance.

Four career Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors abruptly withdrew from their posts on Tuesday in an apparent dramatic protest just hours after senior leaders at the DOJ said they would take the extraordinary step of effectively overruling the prosecutors’ judgment by seeking a lesser sentence for President Trump’s former adviser Roger Stone.

In a new, amended filing Tuesday afternoon, the DOJ told Jackson that the government “respectfully submits that a sentence of incarceration far less than 87 to 108 months’ imprisonment would be reasonable under the circumstances,” but that the government “ultimately defers to the Court as to the specific sentence to be imposed.”

The government said in the amended filing that while it was “technically” possible to argue that Stone deserved the severe federal sentencing enhancement for threatening physical harm to a witness, such a move would violate the spirit of the federal guidelines.

It would place Stone in a category of the guidelines that “typically applies in cases involving violent offenses, such as armed robbery, not obstruction cases,” the government argued, noting that Stone’s “advanced age, health, personal circumstances, and lack of criminal history” also counseled against the harsh penalty.

Specifically, prosecutors said that although Stone had allegedly threatened witness Randy Credico’s therapy dog, Bianca — saying he was “going to take that dog away from you” — it was important to recognize that Credico, a New York radio host, has acknowledged that he “never in any way felt that Stone himself posed a direct physical threat to me or my dog.”

“If the Court were not to apply the eight-level enhancement for threatening a witness with physical injury, it would result in the defendant receiving an advisory Guidelines range of 37 to 46 months, which as explained below is more in line with the typical sentences imposed in obstruction cases,” the government wrote.

A senior DOJ official confirmed to Fox News that senior leadership officials there made the call to reverse the initial sentencing recommendation, saying the Monday evening filing was not only extreme, but also substantially inconsistent with how the prosecutors had briefed DOJ leadership they would proceed on the case. The “general communication” between the U.S. Attorney’s office and main DOJ had led senior officials to expect a more moderate sentence, the official told Fox News.

In response to the new push for a lighter sentence, Assistant US Attorney in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for Washington D.C. Jonathan Kravis, resigned as an assistant U.S. attorney in a filing with Jackson. Another posecutor, Aaron Zelinsky, also filed a notice with the court that he was leaving his position as a special prosecutor with the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, although he would remain as an assistant U.S. attorney in Baltimore.

https://twitter.com/JakeBGibson/status/1227326441009876995?s=20

2 Likes

Good news, thanks for posting this.

2 Likes

Again, the prosecutor was exercising prosecutorial discretion and the Trump administration was leaning on him to do things a certain way. I think it’s great that the prosecutor resigned instead of caving in to the demands of tyrants.

Did you copy and paste that from the other thread? Talk about lack of substance, your statement certainly leaves a lot to be desired for intelligent discussion here.

I get that you don’t like me or my posts but I don’t really care because you don’t own this place.

Anyway, how is my post not relevant? The prosecutor used their discretion and charged Roger Stone with the appropriate crimes, for which he was convicted, and for which the prosecution made a sentencing recommendation. What are you not understanding about the process?

Has nothing to do with you personally but more to do with the intellectual dishonesty you are trying to put forth in your arguments to which you fail to put together a cogent response of the OP. As it is your responses indicate you are just stating an opinion without reading the details of this case.

Are you really that dense? Read the details of his case! The sentencing guidelines were nowhere near the normal standards, which is why the prosecutors were not only over ruled but resigned due to their blatant bias and sinister intent!

If you were actually a lawyer by profession you would know that and not putting forth such questions that obviously exposes your ignorance on the subject matter.

Try reading the links to at least know why this is being discussed for not doing so will only put you on most ignore lists here! We already have enough Monte’s here and we don’t need another one!

1 Like

In the end, how much say will the judge have in this? The one who had a crosshairs target imposed on her head, and posted by the defendant…:man_shrugging:

“Four of Robert Mueller’s special counsel prosecutors strategically and purposefully resigned their positions yesterday in an attempt to create a political narrative against U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr – through a ridiculous Roger Stone sentencing memorandum.

In a subsequent interview with Lou Dobbs, House Intel Committee ranking member Devin Nunes noted the activity of Mueller’s 19 lawyers was likely to come under scrutiny now, as people start to ask common sense questions. [Ex. what were these DOJ lawyers doing for over two years if there was zero evidence of any Trump-Russia collusion?]

However, I would draw attention to an even more troubling issue that media pretend not to even notice. From the Mueller Report (pg 13):

An issue that everyone overlooked is more serious than tin-foil-hat DOJ lawyers chasing DNC stories of Olaf and his Macedonian meme generating buddies on Facebook.

A significant issue is in the part of the story most have skipped past without recognizing,… because, well, simply we have become immune to the insanity of it.

40 FBI Agents** worked on the Special Counsel?*

Think about it. For three years… Doing what exactly?”

Agree that Obama weaponized the Federal government to serve partisan political ends.

Blaming Barr for not firing the prosecutors in the Stone case is unfair. The prosecutors were part of the Mueller witchhunt making them invulnerable to dismissal. Barr would have had to consult with President Trump before firing the prosecutors. This would have been the basis for another impeachment.

The prosecutor drama queens have revealed themselves as partisan zealots with their recommendations of excessive sentences. Firing them would have made them martyrs.

1 Like

Most of us knew the FBI , Mueller’s “team” was corrupt and this was an attempt to undo and election , and we are certain NOTHING will ever be done to these swamp rats .

Barr has committed Durham to act in late spring/early summer (i.e. June). To indict McCabe, Strzok, Page, etc. for their treasonous acts requires that every i be dotted and every t be crossed. I am confident that indictments will be forthcoming and that the DOJ will prosecute. However, if trials are held in DC, I am not confident of any convictions.

2 Likes

I feel like they have had three years to dot all of the i’s and cross all of the t’s. I get that they might want to wait until as late as possible so they can really charge up the base ahead of the November election, but if they fail to get any convictions by then it will look like a total failure which I don’t think the administration can afford right now.

Yep…those pages of indictments are going to start flowing into something meaningful any day now. I guess we all just need to wait around and “trust the 4D chess plan” right?

Except they didn’t if you are referring to the Durham report.

In April 2019,[22] Attorney General William Barr announced that he had launched a review of the origins of the FBI’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections[23] and it was reported in May that he had assigned Durham to lead it several weeks earlier.[24] Durham was given the authority “to broadly examin[e] the government’s collection of intelligence involving the Trump campaign’s interactions with Russians,” reviewing government documents and requesting voluntary witness statements.[24]

On October 24, 2019, it was reported that what had been a review of the Russia investigation was now a criminal probe into the matter. The Justice Department could now utilize subpoena power for both witness testimony and documents. Durham also had at his disposal the power to convene a grand jury and file criminal charges, if needed.[25][26] The New York Times reported on November 22 that the Justice Department inspector general had made a criminal referral to Durham regarding Kevin Clinesmith, a low-level FBI attorney who had altered an email during the process of acquiring a wiretap warrant renewal on Carter Page, and that referral appeared to be at least part of the reason Durham’s investigation was elevated to criminal status.[[27]]
(John Durham - Wikipedia)

I think you can trust it more than you’d be able to with a democrat at the helm.

There is already fall out from the fake impeachment and all who were in on it.

Maybe. But people have been waiting for a long time for the other shoe to drop and it just never does. I honestly don’t believe anything is going to happen with Barr or Durham. If they were going to do something it would have happened by now. I hope I’m wrong but what’s the point? If they wait until the election and Trump loses then delaying investigations and indictments would have been completely pointless.

1 Like

I think we all want something to happen. I think we all want the swamp drained. Afterall, could you or I get away with a fraction of what the “elites” get away with?

This report is like trying to untangle a spider web keeping all strands intact and preserved.

It has to be done and done right. Don’t underestimate the powers that are willing to obstruct it.

The only way Trump will lose is if people sit at home on their couch thinking so many people will vote for Trump, why bother.

Here we go gain with more circus theatrics ugh!

Pelosi, Schumer Call for Investigation Into Reduced Sentencing Recommendation for Roger Stone

They just can’t help themselves.

The egg hasn’t even dried on their faces yet! :joy:

Yep, a baseless political witch hunt…

As John Kelly said, Vindman heard “an illegal order” and did the right thing.

John Kelly defends Vindman: ‘He did exactly what we teach them to do’

The former White House chief of staff said Vindman’s decision to escalate his concerns about Trump’s call with Ukraine’s president was in line with military training.